Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

I got my size 9 Made in England Vintage 1460 Doc Martens today! Not the best winter boots, but I have wool socks.

https://www.drmartens.com/us/en/p/12308001
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 24, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
No, have a few customers to visit in Louisville and Lexington from time to time.  Well until the end of next month when my resignation takes effect.

I'm from California and Arizona, though I did live at Fort Knox for about 18 weeks in the summer and fall of 1999.
Oh okay I was just curious cuz I actually live in Crestwood Kentucky which is just outside of Louisville and LaGrange

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Aah gotcha.  I wish I had time to visit on this trip but it was the definition of a low sleep whirlwind trip since I had to be back home to visit the University of Kansas today and tomorrow.  (which really is the norm and they wonder why I'm tired of this gig...)
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on October 24, 2018, 09:35:33 PM
Aah gotcha.  I wish I had time to visit on this trip but it was the definition of a low sleep whirlwind trip since I had to be back home to visit the University of Kansas today and tomorrow.  (which really is the norm and they wonder why I'm tired of this gig...)
No problem maybe next time you get around Kentucky we can go out and do lunch or something I'd be good with that

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Sarah1979

My therapist sent me the rough draft for my gender marker change letter today

:)

HUGS,

Sarah
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 26, 2018, 04:32:48 PM

HUGS,

Sarah

Sarah,

That is wonderful!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah1979

•  

AoifeB

My mom offered to cover the fee for my name change the other day. She's been really supportive thru this.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: AoifeB on October 26, 2018, 07:10:11 PM
My mom offered to cover the fee for my name change the other day. She's been really supportive thru this.
That is absolutely amazing news and it is so good that you have so much support from your mother congratulations

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Sarah1979 on October 26, 2018, 04:32:48 PM

HUGS,

Sarah
Great news, Sarah.

One thing to remember is that if you need it for a passport change, it has to be worded exactly like they want.  There are a couple of threads about that. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

I have been feeling a bit down about current events lately.  We were in one of our favourite second-hand clothing stores for some retail therapy, and got talking to the shopkeeper about those current affairs.  The subject rolled around to how lucky we are to live where we do.  The circumstances seemed appropriate, so I thought I would tell her about how well I have been received in our little village. 

I started out by saying, "Well, I am probably the first trans person that they have ever met..."  There was a hesitation in her eyes as she processed that, and then her face lit up in a big smile.

So, not only was I right in guessing that she would be supportive, but she hadn't read me at all, not even my voice. :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

That is my personal dream Kathy, how did you nail the voice?. My best voice goes from full baritone to " soft baritone".

Imagine passing and conversing as a woman. Please tell me how good that is !

Kind regards, Kirsten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KathyLauren

Thanks, Kirsten.  Yes it feels really good!

I took voice lessons a couple of years ago.  I was a poor student, but I still keep those lessons in the back of my mind.  I learned quickly that I would never be able to raise my voice the full octave that the "books" said I needed to.  But I did find that I could raise it a fifth without strain.

So, I keep three things in my mind while speaking.  It is not like I focus on them; more like they are now a habit.  One is to keep my pitch up.  The second is to make my speech more musical.  The third is not to let my pitch drop at the end of a sentence.  I seldom succeed with all of them.  Sometimes, I don't succeed with any of them.  But the overall effect seems to be working.

My former voice teacher is acting in the play that I am currently working on at the community theatre, so I see her a lot, and I have motivation to have my voice sound good. :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

I bet you have good intonation amongst those other good habits you mentioned. Do you find yourself naturally adding female phrases as well?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on October 27, 2018, 07:49:29 AM
I bet you have good intonation amongst those other good habits you mentioned. Do you find yourself naturally adding female phrases as well?
I wouldn't say my intonation is good.  It's not bad, though, I guess.  Female phrases??  I am not sure I know any!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 27, 2018, 07:16:18 AM
Thanks, Kirsten.  Yes it feels really good!

I took voice lessons a couple of years ago.  I was a poor student, but I still keep those lessons in the back of my mind.  I learned quickly that I would never be able to raise my voice the full octave that the "books" said I needed to.  But I did find that I could raise it a fifth without strain.

So, I keep three things in my mind while speaking.  It is not like I focus on them; more like they are now a habit.  One is to keep my pitch up.  The second is to make my speech more musical.  The third is not to let my pitch drop at the end of a sentence.  I seldom succeed with all of them.  Sometimes, I don't succeed with any of them.  But the overall effect seems to be working.

My former voice teacher is acting in the play that I am currently working on at the community theatre, so I see her a lot, and I have motivation to have my voice sound good. :)

@KathyLauren
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice ... and more practice.... yes, speaking with your new voice must become a habit as you stated and no longer need to focus on it every time you speak.   It sounds like that you are aware of many of the things that need to be addressed with presenting with a female voice.

It is so easy to slip up with one's voice when stressed, surprised or making a quick response.  Think and concentrate before you speak.
I am sure that you will do well... especially with your former voice teacher being there...  at least you will have good support!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

TonyaW

Better than ma'amed, I got missed.

Returned my cart to the cart corral at Costco and the cart wrangler was there hauling them back inside and he said "thank you miss".

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I bought a nice blouse.  :)

I will continue to work on my voice.  This in my mind is something that I really want to be natural with.  Pitch, tone, variance, word choice, enunciation, and body language.  While perfection is not expected, I would like anyone listening to my female voice and to watch me speak to feel comfortable that they are hearing and talking with a woman. 

I would also feel much, much more comfortable.  Could it even become a melodic voice that one enjoys listening to?  Well, you never know!

This is one "fork in the road" in my mind that I think that I should successfully navigate before I take more serious steps in mtf transitioning, instead of remaining both male and female in my mind and heart.  Maybe I will always be both.  I will let nature take its course and will see what happens, one day at a time.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Denise

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Denise on October 28, 2018, 01:01:42 PM
Being accepted.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
That is always truly the greatest thing in the world acceptance

•