Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I donated a lot of my male clothing this weekend.
Still have a lot though.  Whatever was in the closet I thought that I would never wear again is gone.

Someone can get good use out of them, a not for profit can receive some funds by selling them,
plus that helps to keep the thrift store employees employed.  Maybe some are volunteers, and that allows them to give of their time.  They likely receive a lot of clothing and goods to sort through.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

SiobhánF

Went to the social security office today to get my name changed to be able to get IDs and stuff in my name.

This was me waiting in line, amid the stares, long wait, and having to pee really bad (thanks spiro!):

Then, the nice lady handling my change gave me the official stamp on my receipt:

Also, I got ma'am'd at McDonalds at the drive-thru. Today was a good day.
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 30, 2018, 09:50:15 PM
Went to the social security office today to get my name changed to be able to get IDs and stuff in my name.

This was me waiting in line, amid the stares, long wait, and having to pee really bad (thanks spiro!):

Then, the nice lady handling my change gave me the official stamp on my receipt:

I think the over peeing is the worst part of it all lmao thx Spiro [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

SiobhánF

Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

MollyPants

My friend got me some new boots online as she had some credit with a company she didn't want to buy anything from. They look lovely and even better they fitted. I have no idea how. But they do! She also invited me to her hen do! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 28, 2018, 01:34:08 PM
I donated a lot of my male clothing this weekend.
Still have a lot though.  Whatever was in the closet I thought that I would never wear again is gone.

Someone can get good use out of them, a not for profit can receive some funds by selling them,
plus that helps to keep the thrift store employees employed.  Maybe some are volunteers, and that allows them to give of their time.  They likely receive a lot of clothing and goods to sort through.

Chrissy
You are a hero!! I am not able to do that at the moment.  My psychologist wanted me to start with it, but I put my claws out and bared my teeth ready to fight her down the last drop of blood!
I always was a cloth (and shoe) shop-o-manic.  I have some shirts which I never ever have worn, the same applies to some shoes.  It would kill me to just give the stuff away!  I think I have to go on vacation and have my son doing this (he did it with my suits a few years ago).

Anyway, congrats, now you have lots of space to fill it up again with girly stuff!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KatieP

You say "amid the stares" but I cannot believe people were staring at you, at least not in any sort of bad way. You are super cute. Any stares would have been people wondering where that beautiful woman came from...

And, CONGRATULATIONS on the SSA change!!

Kate
  •  

Melinda@heart

You got stares for being super cute! That's the only feasible reason.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

SiobhánF

Oh, I'm quite certain they were staring because of how tall I am and how not passing I am. But, I did enjoy that I wasn't nervous anymore. I was having anxiety about going in, but my mental motto is, "if I don't do this, the cis win." lol. or something to that effect.

•  

Angela H

This happened yesterday, I hope it's still ok to post it...

I visited my psychology professor during her office hours because this was my first semester attending as a woman and I wanted to ask her if she could tell I was trans.

I wasn't surprised when she told me she could tell and to her it was pretty obvious. Oh well, I'm still early in my transition, and that was the feeling I was getting around campus anyways. I asked her how she could tell and she said that my chin is pretty square. That makes total sense, and this was really good feedback to get! My friends and family always just tell me I look good, but I knew this professor would be candid; that's her style.

We chatted for about an hour about trans stuff, religion, her military background. It was really good! She used to be in private practice and she's really easy to open up to. I'm so glad I decided to visit her!  :D
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 31, 2018, 03:28:07 PM
Oh, I'm quite certain they were staring because of how tall I am and how not passing I am. But, I did enjoy that I wasn't nervous anymore. I was having anxiety about going in, but my mental motto is, "if I don't do this, the cis win." lol. or something to that effect.

Hi SiobhánF,              31 October 2018

If your avatar is actually you, there is no way you were being misgendered. You are beautiful and Hot. That's what they were looking at. Keep it going.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Arianna Valentine

You pass so much better than I do you look extremely naturally feminine

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Angela H on October 31, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
This happened yesterday, I hope it's still ok to post it...

I visited my psychology professor during her office hours because this was my first semester attending as a woman and I wanted to ask her if she could tell I was trans.

I wasn't surprised when she told me she could tell and to her it was pretty obvious. Oh well, I'm still early in my transition, and that was the feeling I was getting around campus anyways. I asked her how she could tell and she said that my chin is pretty square. That makes total sense, and this was really good feedback to get! My friends and family always just tell me I look good, but I knew this professor would be candid; that's her style.

We chatted for about an hour about trans stuff, religion, her military background. It was really good! She used to be in private practice and she's really easy to open up to. I'm so glad I decided to visit her!  :D

Awesome! I need something like that. A critical eye that tells it like it is. :)

Quote from: christinej78 on October 31, 2018, 05:50:39 PM
Hi SiobhánF,              31 October 2018

If your avatar is actually you, there is no way you were being misgendered. You are beautiful and Hot. That's what they were looking at. Keep it going.

Best Always, Love
Chris

That's actually me, but I'm really tall, so I imagine that's what they notice the most. lol

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 31, 2018, 05:51:59 PM
You pass so much better than I do you look extremely naturally feminine

It's the wig that does it, but I'm happy that it works for me. Thanks, love.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 31, 2018, 06:45:24 PM
Awesome! I need something like that. A critical eye that tells it like it is. :)

That's actually me, but I'm really tall, so I imagine that's what they notice the most. lol

I honestly had no idea that was a wig

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 31, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
I honestly had no idea that was a wig

Yeah, if you can get one, get a lace front. They're so nice and comfy and you can wear it while you wait for your hair to grow out. ;)

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 31, 2018, 06:48:13 PM
Yeah, if you can get one, get a lace front. They're so nice and comfy and you can wear it while you wait for your hair to grow out. ;)
That I honestly don't think I need even if my hair doesn't agree with me it's still pretty decent length

•  

Dee Marshall

Tall isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I was shopping and an elderly woman asked me to get something from a top shelf. As I did I quipped, "being tall has to be good for something. I was never pretty enough to be a model." She just laughed.

Even at 5'10" I don't get clocked unless I dress too butch and even then it's a 50/50 shot.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 31, 2018, 06:45:24 PM

Um. OK. The hair IS great. But I think the super cute face helps a lot...

;D

Kate
  •  

Linde

I was today at the endocrinologist for the first time.  When he saw me, he said I don't even need to do any extra testing, you are as Klinefelter as they come.  The blood test and everything was in all ready, and yes, I am XXY, the girl is hiding inside the male!  He did not liek my sugar levels that much and I have a little kidney problems .  He feels it was my diabetes medication that did the thing to the kidneys.  I got new medication prescribed for that, and I found out that the stupid health insurance has it as a Tier 1 medication with a $58 copay for a 30 day supply!
But he prescribed estrogen!  I don't know what brand, but they are supposed patches and I am supposed to wear one each on each upper arm.  I have to wait for them because they are a controlled substance and they come through the mail.

This mean, in about a week I will be on the forced road to womanhood, and not that little dabbling what the XXY stuff was doing!  The girl inside of me plans to send the boy to the junk yard.  His job is done, now the girls power will take over!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

Hi, Dietlind.  It must be a relief to have the doubt replaced by certainty.  Congratulations on starting HRT!

Quote from: Dietlind on November 01, 2018, 04:52:04 PMThe girl inside of me plans to send the boy to the junk yard.
Ha ha!  "Junk yard" is such an appropriate name for it, don't you think? ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •