Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime320

First HRT injection. Oww that stuff is thick and hurts.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kati P on November 05, 2018, 12:36:08 PM
It's a small thing but someone at the store called me a lady  :)

I disagree. That's a huge thing! Congratulations!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

SiobhánF

I got my SS card in the mail today. It's so official! ^_^
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Jessica_Rose

Well this was actually yesterday, but I am still happy about it today!

I call my parents every Sunday. For the first time ever, my dad got my name right during our entire conversation! I gave both my parents a 'lifetime pass' on getting it right, they are in their mid-80's and just their acceptance was enough for me. Knowing they are trying, and succeeding, in getting it right means the world to me!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on November 05, 2018, 07:03:14 PM
Well this was actually yesterday, but I am still happy about it today!

I call my parents every Sunday. For the first time ever, my dad got my name right during our entire conversation! I gave both my parents a 'lifetime pass' on getting it right, they are in their mid-80's and just their acceptance was enough for me. Knowing they are trying, and succeeding, in getting it right means the world to me!

That was a very nice story to hear, thank you for sharing that with us.  Plus thank you for all of your other sharing, including your recent at work video...  very inspirational and touching.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 03, 2018, 09:01:30 PM
I went out and found the type of sweater that I have always wanted but could never wear due to not having transitioned yet but I'm wearing it is so warm and fuzzy and yes the pants are the pre ripped jeans which I swore I would never wear but oh my God they are so comfortable I think I got him a size bigger than what I needed though

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Hi Arianna,                      05 November 2018

The photo in the middle right corner says it all: !!! HAPPY !!! It's nice to see you so happy and progressing well.

That's one beautiful SMILE ma'am.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Edit Note:
Photo placement changed after I finished posting this.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: christinej78 on November 05, 2018, 08:06:37 PM
Hi Arianna,                      05 November 2018

The photo in the middle right corner says it all: !!! HAPPY !!! It's nice to see you so happy and progressing well.

That's one beautiful SMILE ma'am.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Edit Note:
Photo placement changed after I finished posting this.

Thank you very much

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

I had a little fun today.  I went out with my newly acquired rhinestone ear studs in, a nice necklace on and a pretty feminine t-shirt with guys pants and metro looking shoes on.  But no makeup and no wig on, just with my grey relatively short hair.  and I went shopping for lady's shoes and underwear.
There were enough people having a look on their face like "what the <not allowed> is that?"  The checkout lady did not say either ma'm nor sir, she just nodded her head friendly!

I think I have to do that again, it was kind of fun!  Now that I know that I can wear and find female shoes without any real problem,  big chunk of my dysphoria is gone, and  as long as I don't talk much, I seem to have hardly any dysphoria left!

I feel pretty good!

<Edited by moderator>
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

I had to take my father to the VA pharmacy and the valet called me lady I was not really paying attention while I was what I thought waiting in line and a valet looked at me and said lady I need your ticket please

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

islandgirl

So exciting! I remember the nervous energy as I waited in the B and B, in Montreal,  prior to my surgery! I found it hard to sleep! All the Best! Hugs!

Kelly
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Booked a room for two for a week, next year...

A week in lower Alaska, away from TV news, with someone to snuggle with!

We won't be anywhere near Danielle or my brother Paul, alas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I got a wonderful 30-minute Therapeutic Massage and scheduled myself for an hour next month

•  

Sonja

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 03, 2018, 09:01:30 PM
I went out and found the type of sweater that I have always wanted but could never wear due to not having transitioned yet but I'm wearing it is so warm and fuzzy and yes the pants are the pre ripped jeans which I swore I would never wear but oh my God they are so comfortable I think I got him a size bigger than what I needed though

@Arianna Valentine
Hey Arianna - Looking great! love that sweater it really looks good on you! and you look very happy to have found it :-)
And yeah skinny stretch jeans have become my favourite too.

@Michelle_P
Make sure you get lots of photos! It looks like its gonna be awesome!

Sonja.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 08, 2018, 04:09:56 PM
Booked a room for two for a week, next year...

A week in lower Alaska, away from TV news, with someone to snuggle with!

We won't be anywhere near Danielle or my brother Paul, alas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That trip sounds nice!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Well my bff got us tickets and we got the day off of work to go see Magic Mike at L8 club in Niagara Falls. I cant wait
  •  

Linde

Got my first four weeks supply of estrogen patches today.  I am sporting the first one already, and wonder what the stuff will do to me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on November 08, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
Got my first four weeks supply of estrogen patches today.  I am sporting the first one already, and wonder what the stuff will do to me!

Hi Deitlind,                          09 November 2018

Mind if I call you Miss Kitty? Your avatar made me think of it.

I can't tell you what it'll do for you as everyone is different and may experience different changes. I can tell you this much, things will change.

I can also tell you some of what I have and am experiencing. I was 77 years young when I started HRT sans AA's (spiro). I was prescribed patches for Estradiol on 27 March 2018. I started them that day. Remember I'm a tad more seasoned than most folks that start HRT and I had problems with my prostate. Normally it should be the size of a walnut, mine was the size of a cocoanut. That made it very difficult to pee. I had been on Flomax for several years without much luck. Four days on the Estradiol patches and I was peeing like I did 20 years ago. Then I started to notice I was happier than I had been in many a moon. As time went on happiness kept increasing. About 16 days after starting HRT I had my orchiectomy. Thing started getting even better. I lost most of the male aggression I had been plagued with most of my life. I still had some residual aggression, the learned kind. That's going away as I unlearn these harmful traits. My boobs have started developing and I love having them. They are noticeable and I love it, even though I still look male. I'm having fun outing myself and it's fun watching folks look at me with confused looks on on their faces. Sometimes I think I'm having more fun than I deserve.

Enjoy the ride; be proud and happy for who and what you are. You have every right and responsibility to be happy. No one has the right to expect you to be otherwise. Yes, there will be those that don't like us; they don't even like themselves so don't concern yourself with those idiots, just smile and go on your way. One other item, quit worrying about passing; I can't pass, except maybe for the south end of a mule heading north. I'm too weather beaten with too many miles on the clock to ever be attractive. I now have "Character Lines" instead of wrinkles.

I am enjoying my life more than I ever have because of someone very special in my life; I love her more than I have ever loved anyone on this earth.

Wishing everyone in our community a wonderful transition and a very happy life.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

MollyPants

I finally managed to come out to my Mother. Just need come out to my dad and the brothers now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

Made a downpayment and locked in a date for surgery in April 2019  ;D

•