Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lacy

Quote from: Dietlind on November 08, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
Got my first four weeks supply of estrogen patches today.  I am sporting the first one already, and wonder what the stuff will do to me!

Congratulations Dietlind!
I am so happy that you are able to start HRT sooner than you thought! It is so exciting!

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 09, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
Made a downpayment and locked in a date for surgery in April 2019  ;D

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Very, very exciting news and the countdown has begun...  this is a day that should be entered in your personal transition journal.

This important task can soon be checked off in your list of things that you want to do as you get closer to your transition goals. 

Please keep us all updated as I am sure that you will.
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

NatalieRene

I lost another pound over the course of the day yesterday bringing me down to 229.6 pounds. Over the last two weeks by cutting sugar and pop but otherwise keeping my habits the same outside of walking more I have lost a total of 6.1 pounds. My target weight is 160-170.
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: NatalieRene on November 09, 2018, 09:30:14 AM
I lost another pound over the course of the day yesterday bringing me down to 229.6 pounds. Over the last two weeks by cutting sugar and pop but otherwise keeping my habits the same outside of walking more I have lost a total of 6.1 pounds. My target weight is 160-170.

Way to go! That is very exciting!

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

NatalieRene

Thank you. The first few days where the hardest. My body was screaming for skittles and Dr. Pepper. I'm not craving those things as much anymore. I've also rediscovered that feeling of being full so that's when I stop.

I just hope the weight loss can keep up with the pace set so far. I would love to be able to try on and wear all my old cloths again.
  •  

Linde

Wow, all of us had some nice success feeling the last few days!

@NatalieRene, hang in there! Several years ago I was 265 lbs and 6" tall.  Even the most friendly minded person would have called me pretty fat.  I made it down to about 200 lbs with lots of exercise and calorie counting.

I plateaued for few years at years at 200 lbs.  Now I want to loose another 25 to 30 lbs.  I plan to apply my successful system of moving (walking 3 to 5 miles every day) and calorie counting again.  This way the loss is slow enough that one can get used to a life style change, which in turn allows one to remain at the targeted weight, and not do the ping pong type of dieting.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on November 09, 2018, 12:32:52 PM
Wow, all of us had some nice success feeling the last few days!

@NatalieRene, hang in there! Several years ago I was 265 lbs and 6" tall.  Even the most friendly minded person would have called me pretty fat.  I made it down to about 200 lbs with lots of exercise and calorie counting.

I plateaued for few years at years at 200 lbs.  Now I want to loose another 25 to 30 lbs.  I plan to apply my successful system of moving (walking 3 to 5 miles every day) and calorie counting again.  This way the loss is slow enough that one can get used to a life style change, which in turn allows one to remain at the targeted weight, and not do the ping pong type of dieting.

Thank you for the support. So far losing the weight has been easy but in my opinion not fast enough. However I don't want to risk my health so I'm taking it slow and steady.

So far it's only been candy and pop,that I've given up plus I started walking again. I can do that for the rest of my life.  :) I am never going to get this heavy ever again.
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: MollyPants on November 09, 2018, 06:44:20 AM
I finally managed to come out to my Mother. Just need come out to my dad and the brothers now.

Oh my!! A huge congrats, Molly!!

How did she take it? How did YOU take how she took it? Did she have any advice about how it might work with your dad and brothers? (Probably, your brothers have always wondered a bit about you. They are not likely to be completely surprised...)

Anyway, one step at a time. Great job!!

Kate
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: KatieP on November 09, 2018, 04:32:44 PM
Oh my!! A huge congrats, Molly!!

How did she take it? How did YOU take how she took it? Did she have any advice about how it might work with your dad and brothers? (Probably, your brothers have always wondered a bit about you. They are not likely to be completely surprised...)

Anyway, one step at a time. Great job!!

Kate

Thank you Kate :) she was really good. She said it was a shock but once she thought about it. It made sense. It's been a bit of a theme with people over told... Maybe I wasn't as good at hiding it as I thought!

She said that they would be absolutely fine with it. I hope they are :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Tara P

Quote from: MollyPants on November 10, 2018, 12:55:26 AM

Thank you Kate :) she was really good. She said it was a shock but once she thought about it. It made sense. It's been a bit of a theme with people over told... Maybe I wasn't as good at hiding it as I thought!

She said that they would be absolutely fine with it. I hope they are :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yaaay! That's really wonderful that she had a good reaction to the news.  Whatever happens at least you know for sure you have her support now  :) 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

So I don't know where take this as a good thing or a bad thing but it kind of makes me happy but I have had this insatiable craving for dill pickles that would put a pregnant woman to shame I've already had three jars two of them were like the big gallon jars or whatever

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 10, 2018, 02:03:14 AM
So I don't know where take this as a good thing or a bad thing but it kind of makes me happy but I have had this insatiable craving for dill pickles that would put a pregnant woman to shame I've already had three jars two of them were like the big gallon jars or whatever

Salt craving? I think some HRT can affect that.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

sophie1904

Left the hotel room for the first day after facial surgery.

Admittedly, my transplants still look sore and my face is bruised and swollen so the idea I "pass" is probably questionable but as it turns out I do - I just pass as a badly injured woman :)

•  

Linde

I followed my shopoholic drive, and went out and bought some more woman's clothing (and opened up a Marshall's credit card account - how much more girl can one become??).

I found these beautiful lacy long pants, in salmon color, and a fitting top it.  I was looking for stuff I could wear for my sons wedding next year, and I found it today!  I love it so much , I could sleep in it tonight.

I am absolutely in love with my girly clothing!  And I said I would want to stay gender fluid as long as possible, I hardly go gender fluid anymore at all.  That girl inside me is pushing really hard to express herself!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RandyL on November 10, 2018, 03:33:41 PM

I am honestly not sure if it's a salt craving at all really I'm not for sure what it is I've just been craving dill pickles by the hundreds here's an example

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 10, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
Left the hotel room for the first day after facial surgery.

Admittedly, my transplants still look sore and my face is bruised and swollen so the idea I "pass" is probably questionable but as it turns out I do - I just pass as a badly injured woman :)

@sophie1904
Dear Sophie:
This is wonderful news to have completed your surgery... 
...one more thing you now can check off of your transition list.
Whoa... sounds awfully quick to be out and about... be careful out there as you are still very much in the healing mode.  You will probably get a lot of sympathy from onlookers...  like you stated, you may look like a badly injured woman.

My thought is that, at least for me,  I would perhaps stay in and rest and heal more but you are the one that has to determine that.

So, tell us, are you happy with your surgeon and what was decided upon about things that you wanted to have done?

I will be eagerly looking for more updates as you feel comfortable posting them.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: RandyL on November 10, 2018, 03:33:41 PM

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 10, 2018, 02:03:14 AM

@RandyL    @Arianna Valentine
For sure, HRT can make us crave salty things like dill pickles, chips, french fries, salted nuts, etc.

Usually as a result of Spiro and perhaps other meds that can act as a diuretic...  while taking meds like that including HRT our bodies will want salt!!!!

Your body knows it needs to stay hydrated and therefore the craving for thirst and for salt.  It is important to keep very hydrated.   The salt intake helps with retaining water but also will help with resolving night time muscle cramps.   In the middle of the night if I have leg cramps that do not easily go away, I go out to my refrigerator and take a few sips of dill pickle juice... usually takes care of the cramps in just a few minutes.

I go though lots of jars of dill pickles... usually one big jar a week... and I am not pregnant either.
Thanks for sharing and posting.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

sophie1904

Surgery was on Tuesday so it's been a few days (hospital on Wednesday / Thursday).

There's only so long one can stay in a hotel room without going a bit crazy - everything is healing up pretty nicely. I'm honestly not sure what my expectations for facial surgery were but i'm happy when I look in the mirror which I suppose is the acid test?

I need to write a post FFS thread up at some point but honestly, couldn't really have had a better experience with FacialTeam - my body apparently heals pretty well so very limited bruising or swelling which was awesome :)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 10, 2018, 04:02:15 PM
Surgery was on Tuesday so it's been a few days (hospital on Wednesday / Thursday).

There's only so long one can stay in a hotel room without going a bit crazy - everything is healing up pretty nicely. I'm honestly not sure what my expectations for facial surgery were but i'm happy when I look in the mirror which I suppose is the acid test?

I need to write a post FFS thread up at some point
but honestly, couldn't really have had a better experience with FacialTeam - my body apparently heals pretty well so very limited bruising or swelling which was awesome :)

@sophie1904
Dear Sophie:
Well, it sounds like you are doing great... so glad to hear that you are feeling so well this soon after surgery.
As your bruises start going away I am certain that you will even be more pleased when you look at yourself in the mirror.

And YES...   a "Post FFS thread" would be so nice for all of us to read and to see...
Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 10, 2018, 04:00:26 PM
@RandyL    @Arianna Valentine
For sure, HRT can make us crave salty things like dill pickles, chips, french fries, salted nuts, etc.

Usually as a result of Spiro and perhaps other meds that can act as a diuretic...  while taking meds like that including HRT our bodies will want salt!!!!

Your body knows it needs to stay hydrated and therefore the craving for thirst and for salt.  It is important to keep very hydrated.   The salt intake helps with retaining water but also will help with resolving night time muscle cramps.   In the middle of the night if I have leg cramps that do not easily go away, I go out to my refrigerator and take a few sips of dill pickle juice... usually takes care of the cramps in just a few minutes.

I go though lots of jars of dill pickles... usually one big jar a week... and I am not pregnant either.
Thanks for sharing and posting.

Hugs,
Danielle

Oh my God so you do feel my pain I'm going through like one big jar in a period of 24 hours and it's not a like small jar it's the biggest jar I can find LOL

•