Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: RealLacy on November 12, 2018, 10:43:10 AM
OMG! I am glad someone posted about this! After the first week on HRT I started drinking so much more water (I feel thirsty all the time) and I have craved pickles and olives so much!

So good!
Lacy
do you feel that HRT causes you to be thirsty?  I was wondering why I am so thirsty lately.  I could be drinking non stop!
I always was into pickles that has no changed, but my thirst definitely is increased.  I did not really watch when that happened, but it sure did start at some point not to long ago.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Dietlind on November 12, 2018, 10:50:17 AM
do you feel that HRT causes you to be thirsty?  I was wondering why I am so thirsty lately.  I could be drinking non stop!
I always was into pickles that has no changed, but my thirst definitely is increased.  I did not really watch when that happened, but it sure did start at some point not to long ago.

It started by me having to go to the bathroom a LOT more. Waking up in the middle of the night, which I never used to do. And then just craving water all day err day! Like water specifically, not just any liquid.
Spiro is a diuretic, so I am assuming that is the culprit!

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

RoryL

Ah, the joys of Spiro side effects!

What's making me happy today - first day out at work!
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Linde

Quote from: RealLacy on November 12, 2018, 10:58:17 AM
It started by me having to go to the bathroom a LOT more. Waking up in the middle of the night, which I never used to do. And then just craving water all day err day! Like water specifically, not just any liquid.
Spiro is a diuretic, so I am assuming that is the culprit!

Lacy
I don't take any Spiro, just Finasteride and an estrogen patch.  Thirst and frequent urination is not listed as a side effect of Finasteride.  I take Finasteride for more than 6 years now, but the thirst is rather new.  Maybe Finasteride in combination with estrogen may cause it?  Who knows!

•  

Linde

Quote from: RoryL on November 12, 2018, 11:19:02 AM

Looking good!  Is that your natural hair? This length or a little more (shoulder length) is what I am trying to get.  The speed with which mine seems to grow, tells me I have to wait another 100 years or so to get there!

•  

Lacy

Rory!
You look so good! Happy first day! I bet you are on cloud 9 right now!

Lacy

•  

NatalieRene

I'm thankful for the continued weight loss. Im now down to 227 pounds from just shy of 235 pounds 15 days ago. The weight loss has slowed though but now I know I'm burning fat and not just the water weight that accompanies burning the stored sugar in the body.

I have updated my daily step count goal from 700 to 850 or basically burning 720 calories a day. The closer I can get to burning 3500 calories a day the more weight I can lose quickly. It just stinks because now it's getting cold so I think I need to join a gym to use the treadmill and stationary bikes.
  •  

NatalieRene

hugs

What a great day! Congratulations. Being out at work is a huge milestone.
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: NatalieRene on November 12, 2018, 12:03:14 PM
I'm thankful for the continued weight loss. Im now down to 227 pounds from just shy of 235 pounds 15 days ago. The weight loss has slowed though but now I know I'm burning fat and not just the water weight that accompanies burning the stored sugar in the body.

I have updated my daily step count goal from 700 to 850 or basically burning 720 calories a day. The closer I can get to burning 3500 calories a day the more weight I can lose quickly. It just stinks because now it's getting cold so I think I need to join a gym to use the treadmill and stationary bikes.

Keep it up! You are inspiring with your level of commitment! Burning 720 calories a day by walking is over 14k steps! I got to pick up my game!

Lacy

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: RealLacy on November 12, 2018, 12:13:54 PM
Keep it up! You are inspiring with you level of commitment! Burning 720 calories a day by walking is over 14k steps! I got to pick up my game!

Lacy
Hmm my Apple Watch asked me to set my move goal and I bumped it up 150 steps per day but it wasn't in the four digits. It must calculating other things for calories burned. I have also started using the stairs instead of the elevator. Seven floors up in the morning, one down and up for lunch and seven down at the end of the day plus one down and up for the parking garage.

Last weekend I walked serval miles around the apartment instead of driving to go to things very close by. It saves me money and gives me exercise so it's a win win.
  •  

NatalieRene

Going back and looking, wow on Sunday I walked 10,741 steps and 9,514 on Saturday. Last week I walked a total of 64,275 steps.
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Dietlind on November 12, 2018, 01:36:46 AM
Did you go to the Mooh U in River Falls?  My  wife used to teach there.
No sorry, I was in Appleton. Back in the 70's, back when we thought snow was fun. Well, it can still be fun, but now we have to clear the driveway (Happy when it's done!) :)
If so, then why not?
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: RealLacy on November 12, 2018, 10:43:10 AM
OMG! I am glad someone posted about this! After the first week on HRT I started drinking so much more water (I feel thirsty all the time) and I have craved pickles and olives so much!

I told my wife about it and credited it to the HRT. She may not be thrilled about the HRT, but she has sweetly filled the fridge with multiple jars of both pickles and green olives w/pimentos! I am keeping those industries in business! She also picked up a jar of Kalamata olives from Trader Joe's. So salty!

So good!
Lacy
Hot peppers, too! Today's lunch was boxed Mac and cheese with chopped manzanilla olives and pickled jalapenos. Mmmmm!

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dee Marshall on November 12, 2018, 03:03:42 PM
Hot peppers, too! Today's lunch was boxed Mac and cheese with chopped manzanilla olives and pickled jalapenos. Mmmmm!

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I can't do much in the way of jalapenos except for jalapeno poppers with cream cheese my God the love is all I got to say the love LMAO

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Peppers are life.  I pickled some yellow (Santa Fe grande variety) peppers from my garden this year and they are horrifyingly addictive. 

"Oh a pepper sounds good"

<5 minutes later>

"How did I eat the entire jar?"
At least they're low calorie...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

RoryL

Thanks everybody!  It's my hair in the sense that I paid for it, lol.  It's my new topper. :-)
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on November 12, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
Peppers are life.  I pickled some yellow (Santa Fe grande variety) peppers from my garden this year and they are horrifyingly addictive. 

"Oh a pepper sounds good"

<5 minutes later>

"How did I eat the entire jar?"
At least they're low calorie...

Are they hot peppers?  Do you pickle them or freeze them, or just stick them in the refrigerator?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colleen_definitely

They are generally less spicy than a jalapeno, though there is the occasional extra spicy one.  I pickle and can them in mason jars using an old fashioned boiling water bath.  They stay sealed and edible for a long time this way but I do refrigerate them after opening a jar.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Danielle Kristina

What happened today that made me happy?  I transitioned my wallet.  I decided to abandon my male wallet which I've used for years and use this cute pink girl's wallet that has a heart pendent on it.  I'm a little nervous about using it in public as I still present as male, but I'm determined to let a little more of the real me out.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Danielle Kristina on November 12, 2018, 04:58:08 PM
What happened today that made me happy?  I transitioned my wallet.  I decided to abandon my male wallet which I've used for years and use this cute pink girl's wallet that has a heart pendent on it.  I'm a little nervous about using it in public as I still present as male, but I'm determined to let a little more of the real me out.

Danielle
Yay that is awesome and PINK OMFG I LOVE PINK!!!!!

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •