Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 16, 2018, 11:13:35 AM
@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
You look so very beautiful in your picture and your new jacket... but sunglasses in November???  I know, I know, your Florida weather is still kinda like summertime. ... 

...but here the days are getting quite short now and it has been C_O_L_D
This morning when I woke up it was -2 deg F  (-19 C) !!! Burrrrrr

Sunrise will be just before 9:40AM this morning  ... and Sunset at 3:40PM and they will keep getting shorter through winter solstice Dec 21, 2018   ........... no sunglasses needed here for a while.

Thank you for sharing...
Hugs and well wishes,
Daniel

I had seen that jacket at Ross when @SassyCassie and I were out shopping last weekend. I tried it on but decided I'd already spent too much money.

Last night we attended the TDOR ceremony in Orlando, and she asked me whether I'd be warm enough with just the cardigan I'd brought. I told her that I'd tough it out, and she said, "You'll be warm enough now," and handed me a bag. Squeeee!!

Oh, and yes, sunglasses. You'll need them too, for the short times the sun is out, with snow on the ground. And even after dark, they serve as cool factor.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Steph2.0 on November 16, 2018, 10:46:40 AM
Actually yesterday: My Bestie gave me a beautiful jacket for no specific reason other than I loved it but didn't want to spend the money. I love her so much!!

Stephanie

Wow Stephanie!   I like your jacket!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lynne

This week was male fail week. Went to HR to sign my holiday papers with my co-worker, security guard greets us with "Good day, ladies", went to get car parts.. "Good day ma'am", waiting behind a guy to get on the bus.. "Ladies first", finalized my recent apartment purchase(a thing to be happy about in itself).. "Are you here on behalf of [male name]?"
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Lynne,

Congratulations on your week of male fails!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 16, 2018, 04:16:01 PM
Lynne,

Congratulations on your week of male fails!

Chrissy

Thanks Chrissy! To top it off, I just painted my nails light blue with glitter finish for the weekend, I guess this will be a girly weekend.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Lynne on November 16, 2018, 04:28:29 PM
Thanks Chrissy! To top it off, I just painted my nails light blue with glitter finish for the weekend, I guess this will be a girly weekend.

Lynne,

Have fun this weekend. 

I have not tried any nail glitter, just clear polish or buffing with a board or block to a nice shine.
Maybe I should try some colors out.

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Went out to town with a few girl friends tonight (Music Walk in Fort Myers), totally decked out in new stuff bought yesterday at TJ Max.  One of my friends did my make up and my nails, and we were ready to go!
Not a single male fail the entire evening.  Several waiters and waitresses called me ma'm.  While waiting to get seated, another female patron waiting in line said " ma'm, this is a very beautiful sweater you wear".
All in all, a very nice evening with a big ego boost!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Sonja

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 15, 2018, 08:55:31 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-46153007

This happened today :) Awkward interview 5 days after facial surgery but comes across pretty well!
@sophie1904

Hi Sophie  - You did a great job, well done brave lady you are an inspiration.

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Dietlind on November 16, 2018, 11:25:11 PM
> Not a single male fail the entire evening.  Several waiters and waitresses called me ma'm.  While waiting to get seated, another female patron waiting in line said " ma'm, this is a very beautiful sweater you wear".
All in all, a very nice evening with a big ego boost!

And more good news: now that this has happened you'll find this is the case on a more regular basis.  It's a feedback loop... being gendered correctly builds self-confidence, and that self-confidence makes it more likely others will gender you correctly.  Look forward to many more great experiences.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KatieP

For work, we had a yearly gathering of the 75 of us in this hemisphere who have my same title. I had told my manager and his manager that I intended to participate in internal-only calls and meetings as Kate, and that I was coming to this event dressed as Kate. We are a very casual dress company, but a female co-worker had advised me to dress business professional, which is what she does, in spite of all the jeans and T-shirts.

So, I brought 4 skirts, and 4 nice tops, and attended all functions completely as Kate.

And, it was a total non-event. Several people who knew the old me, gave me VERY encouraging words, and several people who didn't know the old me really didn't do anything besides treat me like another woman on the team. (Well, there are only 3 women on this team, so we all sort of stand out.) In one case, a co-worker, who did know the old me, came into a room to find me. There were only two of us in the room, when the co-worker came in. He looked around, right past me, and walked out again. Later, he told me he thought I was just a new woman on the team he hadn't met.

Late in the week, I told people, who knew the old me, that the first day of meetings was the best day at work in the more than 23 years I have been there.

While virtually all of my clothes are women's clothes, I do not have nearly enough "business professional" women's clothes to do my job every day. My Best Day At Work in 23 years is going to have some very expensive ramifications in my shopping budget...

Kate
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Wonderful!  I am glad that your business gathering this turned out so well!  Congratulations!

Chrissy
  •  

Kendra

Kate, awesome!  I've also found it's good to dress a bit better than the guys (I work at a software company) and I don't often wear a suit but found Calvin Klein makes nice ladies' suits and business-wear tops at a reasonable price.  With mens' suits price wasn't as critical because it's mostly one dark color to buy.  With ladies' suits there's a ton of color combinations so I have to keep the cost down to buy more than one, and the coat/blazer looks nice over jeans or a more casual skirt.  I've found suit sizes are almost impossible to guess online... in my case the coat is 2 or 3 sizes larger than the matching skirt, sounds odd but looks fine.  Bought one at retail, the rest mail order once I had the correct size for each brand. 

Color really changes the look of clothes.  A black motorcycle jacket looks ready for a biker bar, but the same jacket in pure white can be worn in a nice restaurant. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Kendra on November 17, 2018, 12:41:43 PM
And more good news: now that this has happened you'll find this is the case on a more regular basis.  It's a feedback loop... being gendered correctly builds self-confidence, and that self-confidence makes it more likely others will gender you correctly.  Look forward to many more great experiences.
Thanks!  And your answer, too, is an ego boost!

•  

Linde

Quote from: KatieP on November 17, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
In one case, a co-worker, who did know the old me, came into a room to find me. There were only two of us in the room, when the co-worker came in. He looked around, right past me, and walked out again. Later, he told me he thought I was just a new woman on the team he hadn't met.

Kate
Congrats (and condolences to your poor pocket book!
Wasn't that a great feeling with the coworker?  I had something similar last night.  We ran into a couple who knows me a little and another of the girls well.  They did not recognize me and asked the other girl who I am!  My friend told them that I am a new friend in their circle, and they left us with telling me "was nice meeting you", not realizing that they met me about 10 or so times prior to last night (twice briefly in their own home)!

Transgender can also be trans hiding!

•  

sarahc

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 17, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
I bought a beautiful new winter coat:
https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Jackets-and-Coats/SANDRA-Midi-wool-wrap-coat-Deep-Purple/p/147603-DP-PURPLE

Expensive but gorgeous - fingers crossed it fits!

That is a wonderfuuul coat. So jealous.

I'm a little early in transition to splurge on that, even though with my weight loss, all my current coats are way too big for me. But next winter, I'm definitely going to get a nice wool coat - this is one to watch!
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I got correctly  gendered at the grocery store and I got ma'am.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 17, 2018, 07:25:53 PM
I got correctly  gendered at the grocery store and I got ma'am.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Great!    :)

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 17, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
I bought a beautiful new winter coat:
https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Jackets-and-Coats/SANDRA-Midi-wool-wrap-coat-Deep-Purple/p/147603-DP-PURPLE

Expensive but gorgeous - fingers crossed it fits!
Very elegant, I love elegant clothing.  Too bad we don't need winter stuff here in SW Florida, because the only way i could wear such a coat around here, would be carrying over my arm!

•