Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 17, 2018, 07:25:53 PM
I got correctly  gendered at the grocery store and I got ma'am.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
Congrats!
It feels kind of good, doesn't it?
On the other hand, it does not really smash me down if I am misgendered.  I just take it without any problem, because those poor people don't know better, i do!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KatieP

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 17, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
I bought a beautiful new winter coat:
https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Jackets-and-Coats/SANDRA-Midi-wool-wrap-coat-Deep-Purple/p/147603-DP-PURPLE

Expensive but gorgeous - fingers crossed it fits!

Wow!! That is beautiful!! Great taste...

Let us know how the fit works out.

Based on the sizing chart, I am pretty sure I would have to stitch two of them together to get into it...

Kate
  •  

Donica

I'm glad my apartment building didn't burn down last night. The fire alarm went off at 3:30am last night. Everyone gathered in the common room in their robes and pajamas waiting for the fire department to arrive. On smell of smoke, the fire chief reset the alarm and sent his crew through the building. All clear, no fire. Our fire detection system is old. This is the second time this year it has gone off for no reason. UGH!  ::)
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Donica on November 18, 2018, 02:11:04 PM
I'm glad my apartment building didn't burn down last night. The fire alarm went off at 3:30am last night. Everyone gathered in the common room in their robes and pajamas waiting for the fire department to arrive. On smell of smoke, the fire chief reset the alarm and sent his crew through the building. All clear, no fire. Our fire detection system is old. This is the second time this year it has gone off for no reason. UGH!  ::)

I am glad it did not burn too!  Better safe than sorry though.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

So my brother came out from Arkansas and decided to do Thanksgiving today for our whole family and I went fully dressed up with my cute little sweater and black pants but I was fully accepted by everybody of course my dad didn't go because he wasn't feeling up to it and he's the one person that does not accept me transitioning but it was a great day everybody was happy to see me and everybody was wondering where I bought my sweater from

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 18, 2018, 03:52:12 PM
So my brother came out from Arkansas and decided to do Thanksgiving today for our whole family and I went fully dressed up with my cute little sweater and black pants but I was fully accepted by everybody of course my dad didn't go because he wasn't feeling up to it and he's the one person that does not accept me transitioning but it was a great day everybody was happy to see me and everybody was wondering where I bought my sweater from

You look very nice. I'm glad that you had a great day. That is such a perfect experience. ;D
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Great!

May you have many more nice gatherings too!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Thank you so much Chrissy
Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 18, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

Great!

May you have many more nice gatherings too!

Chrissy

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

KatieP

everybody was wondering where I bought my sweater from

Much to give thanks for in that event. Congratulations!!!

And, BTW, where DID you get that sweater from???

Kate
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: KatieP on November 18, 2018, 06:38:39 PM
Much to give thanks for in that event. Congratulations!!!

And, BTW, where DID you get that sweater from???

Kate
Charlotte Russe they do have an online store

•  

Sonja

Quote from: KatieP on November 17, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
For work, we had a yearly gathering of the 75 of us in this hemisphere who have my same title. I had told my manager and his manager that I intended to participate in internal-only calls and meetings as Kate, and that I was coming to this event dressed as Kate. We are a very casual dress company, but a female co-worker had advised me to dress business professional, which is what she does, in spite of all the jeans and T-shirts.

So, I brought 4 skirts, and 4 nice tops, and attended all functions completely as Kate.

And, it was a total non-event. Several people who knew the old me, gave me VERY encouraging words, and several people who didn't know the old me really didn't do anything besides treat me like another woman on the team. (Well, there are only 3 women on this team, so we all sort of stand out.) In one case, a co-worker, who did know the old me, came into a room to find me. There were only two of us in the room, when the co-worker came in. He looked around, right past me, and walked out again. Later, he told me he thought I was just a new woman on the team he hadn't met.

Late in the week, I told people, who knew the old me, that the first day of meetings was the best day at work in the more than 23 years I have been there.

While virtually all of my clothes are women's clothes, I do not have nearly enough "business professional" women's clothes to do my job every day. My Best Day At Work in 23 years is going to have some very expensive ramifications in my shopping budget...

Kate
@KatieP

Hey Kate,

Thats a great story thank you for sharing it, business professional womens clothes are another exciting purchase I found - because you feel feminine AND professional! just make sure you take photos once you've got some good collections going because I would love to see! Hey or even just a description would be fun!

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Linde

Nice sweater and great out coming result!

I will never ever have the chance to wear stuff like this, because I would die of a heat stroke down here in southern Florida.  It was 84 today and is supposed to get warmer again!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Just because they were pretty and I've always wanted a pair I bought me some new house slippers Unfortunately they didn't have little bunny rabbit house slippers or anything like that so you get what you can right

•  

davina61

Finding a cashmere coat with label that says made for HARRODS in a charity shop for £5, its below the knee length and dark blue/black and it is a ladies coat Put it on as left shop and needed it with the cold wind from the east.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

RoryL

Stopped by the Post Office to pick up our mail and for the 2nd time in two weeks an elderly man practically broke a hip racing to the door to hold it open for me.  Apparently, I'm a hit with old duffers, LOL
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

Arianna Valentine

Went to the nail salon and decided to try dips for the first time

•  

Jin

Washing machine ate my favorite thong, so Eve took me shopping for new panties!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Arianna Valentine
Dear Arianna:
You are turning into quite a fashionista...
New fuzzy and furry slippers ... your new nail salon manicure
... and you selected a beautiful color for your nails too!
You are looking wonderful indeed.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 19, 2018, 03:24:14 PM

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 19, 2018, 03:24:14 PM

Nice! That's my favorite color: blood red. :3
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: SiobhánF on November 19, 2018, 03:55:53 PM
Nice! That's my favorite color: blood red. :3
Yes it's my favorite too I actually went to Walmart and bought color red call Valentine red and it actually looked like my fingernails were bleeding

•