News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Anastasia E on November 20, 2018, 03:43:04 PM
They recommended 4 weeks between each session for the face, and I am planning 8-12 sessions depending on how effective it is. Hoping for at least ~90% reduction before I resort to electrolysis for the remainder (fingers crossed for good results!).

I think electrolysis to some degree is definitely necessary. From what I understand it's not possible to get every stubborn hair with laser even under ideal conditions.
As most of you know, I have not super much hair in my face, and none on my body.  I had laser done last week, and they recommend two more sessions, 4 weeks apart each.  After that electrolysis is for the final cleanup.

The laser did not hurt all that bad, just the upper lip section was a little on the challenging side.

I had microneedeling done yesterday, talking about pain!  It was really bad today, once my nerves could feel anything again!  They were in a constant shock condition today!
I don't now if I want to have that done ever again!  I had the face and neck done, the neck was worse than the face!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jennifer M

I dashed into Payless at the mall and the clerk said she loved my earrings!

Oh, and this happened.

Quote from: Anastasia E on November 20, 2018, 03:43:04 PM
They recommended 4 weeks between each session for the face, and I am planning 8-12 sessions depending on how effective it is. Hoping for at least ~90% reduction before I resort to electrolysis for the remainder (fingers crossed for good results!).
Yeah, about that... I had Session #28 yesterday.

•  

RoryL

As I've posted in the forums already, I came out at work a couple of weeks ago. Part of my job involves running teleconferences, so a few times every week I appear (along with the rest of my team) on video screens around our state & sometimes around the country. That's a routine experience that I was worried about before coming out. It's basically been a non-issue.

That being said, a clinician who attends one of my weekly teleconferences is a friend of mine from the queer community (specifically, from my time among the Radical Faeries).  I'd been meaning to send him a personal message about my coming out at work as trans, so yesterday I did. This morning I got his response.

It turns out that although he saw me on screen as Rory last week it didn't register for him that I'm trans.  He just thought it was some woman named Rory that he didn't know, who was covering my teleconference duties last week. That has made my morning! Well, that, and he called me a rockstar, LOL   ;D
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: RoryL on November 21, 2018, 11:27:08 AM
As I've posted in the forums already, I came out at work a couple of weeks ago. Part of my job involves running teleconferences, so a few times every week I appear (along with the rest of my team) on video screens around our state & sometimes around the country. That's a routine experience that I was worried about before coming out. It's basically been a non-issue.

That being said, a clinician who attends one of my weekly teleconferences is a friend of mine from the queer community (specifically, from my time among the Radical Faeries).  I'd been meaning to send him a personal message about my coming out at work as trans, so yesterday I did. This morning I got his response.

It turns out that although he saw me on screen as Rory last week it didn't register for him that I'm trans.  He just thought it was some woman named Rory that he didn't know, who was covering my teleconference duties last week. That has made my morning! Well, that, and he called me a rockstar, LOL   ;D

Yay!  Wonderful!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I know it's stupid to have this be something to be happy about but I don't have to take my nephew to work today he found a ride

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RoryL on November 21, 2018, 11:27:08 AM

That is simply amazing and so wonderful it makes me happy just reading it and he's right you are a rockstar

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

I don't know if that counts as being happy, but he pain caused by that microneedeling is slowly going away.  I hope that I turn out unbeliebte beautiful from it!  Face lifting might have been less painfull!

•  

Donica

I got my first real ma'am today at the grocery store. <<<SQUEEE>>>
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Donica on November 21, 2018, 02:35:52 PM
Awesome congratulations that is always the best feeling in the world just remember if somebody does misgender you don't let it bring you down it happens

•  

ChrissyRyan

Terrific!  That is wonderful!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Anastasia E

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 21, 2018, 04:00:13 PM
I think that may go for all of us.

Reminds me..

A very minor thing and happened last week, but I happened to read my doctor's notes after my HRT visit (all medical history is accessible to patients in my country).

It started something like "30 year old biologically born male..." and then went on with "she was approved for hormone treatment".

I still generally present male, so this is probably the first time anyone in official capacity has referred to me with female pronouns. I couldn't stop smiling, it feels good to be acknowledged.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Anastasia E on November 21, 2018, 04:37:26 PM
Reminds me..

A very minor thing and happened last week, but I happened to read my doctor's notes after my HRT visit (all medical history is accessible to patients in my country).

It started something like "30 year old biologically born male..." and then went on with "she was approved for hormone treatment".

I still generally present male, so this is probably the first time anyone in official capacity has referred to me with female pronouns. I couldn't stop smiling, it feels good to be acknowledged.

Anastasia,

That is so nice to hear.   :)

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
When I hear this from any of our Forums members I get very happy!
This is so very affirming...  any of us would be gleefully happy indeed when it happens to us.

I have been 100% passing for over 2 years and I still get very happy whenever I am addressed with female pronouns and greetings.   I think that may go for all of us.

Thanks for reporting your very good news.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Congratulations!  That is great!

I think the length of the hair does do a lot for the passing! 
I was out without my wig and no makeup today, shopping some female tops, and the checkout person did not really know how to address me.  She looked at me a few times, as if she did not know how to place me, but did not say a word!

•  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sophie1904

Went for my new passport today - approved, should be here in a week :)

While waiting, one of the woman was talking to a colleague and I laughted a little at something she said to which she replied "don't laugh at that madam!" :D

Also, on the train to/from the appointment and nothing happened - I was completely ignored and in a weird way, that was so satisfying from a passing perspective - just another woman going about her day. I know I'm fortunate to pass but the anxiety of being harassed is dissipating (4 weeks full time / 0 negative events so far).
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely ladies out there I hope you have a good holiday and have a good time

•  

islandgirl

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Yes, we all have much to be thankful for. Sometimes we need to look harder to find it, but we are here!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 22, 2018, 12:07:17 PM
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely ladies out there I hope you have a good holiday and have a good time

@Arianna Valentine:
Dear Arianna:
Yes indeed, I will have a good time, it is still quite early where I am, it is only 10:30AM,  I am finishing up on baking the dinner rolls and making the Deviled eggs... I made the Apple Pie last night....   I will be bringing that good stuff there for Thanksgiving Dinner with the family that invited me and my guest  (Toothfairy #4)...   at about noon I will shower up and clean up and wait for #4 to pick me up to go there.

What you stated is so very true:
    "If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?"
This applies to everyone, not just transgenders.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm sharing a Thanksgiving with a large group that includes many older single folks who would otherwise be alone, and some folks in need, up at my local church.  I'll be delivering my garnet yam casserole (sweet potatoes to many folks) as well.

My girlfriend @Laurie picked out a lovely dress for me online and suggested I try it.  I believe she likes the jacket as a complement to an older dress I have.

The older dress that may also work with the jacket...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •