News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 22, 2018, 12:52:09 PM
I'm sharing a Thanksgiving with a large group that includes many older single folks who would otherwise be alone, and some folks in need, up at my local church.  I'll be delivering my garnet yam casserole (sweet potatoes to many folks) as well.

My girlfriend @Laurie picked out a lovely dress for me online and suggested I try it.  I believe she likes the jacket as a complement to an older dress I have.

The older dress that may also work with the jacket...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Michelle_P    cc: @Laurie
Dear Michelle:
Wow-whee.....
...you look absolutely beautiful, I really love your outfit that you (and @Laurie) have chosen to wear for your festivities today.   I am thinking that all eyes will be on you when you step into the room.   Is Laurie going to be with you today?

.... and your yam casserole that you have prepared looks so tasty.   Where I grew up we always said Yams, and not Sweet Potatoes....   I don't care what we call it, it is so very good and is a standard entree at winter time holiday meals.  If you don't mind sharing could you sharing, what do you use for spicing it... cinnamon  for sure but anything else perhaps???

Again, Michelle, you look absolutely beautiful...
...thank you for sharing your very lovely pictures.

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

"I'm sharing a Thanksgiving with a large group that includes many older single folks who would otherwise be alone, and some folks in need, up at my local church.  I'll be delivering my garnet yam casserole (sweet potatoes to many folks) as well."

Michelle,

I hope that this will be a good time for all.  I bet your yam casserole is tasty.  They will like it, I am sure.   :) 

You are dressed very nicely.  Have a wonderful time!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 22, 2018, 01:19:44 PM
"I'm sharing a Thanksgiving with a large group that includes many older single folks who would otherwise be alone, and some folks in need, up at my local church.  I'll be delivering my garnet yam casserole (sweet potatoes to many folks) as well."

Michelle,

I hope that this will be a good time for all.  I bet your yam casserole is tasty.  They will like it, I am sure.   :) 

You are dressed very nicely.  Have a wonderful time!

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
You are so very right, it is nice when gatherings of singles and others without nearby families can all get together for the big holiday celebrations.   I always love the potluck dinner gatherings, so many good cooks in the groups that I am involved in.

I can imagine that your Yam Casserole is very good based on a lot of your food postings and pictures that you have posted in the past.   I will ask the same question to you that I had asked @Michelle_P.... how do you spice your yam casserole???   I always use cinnamon as my main spice ingredient.

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving....
...I trust that you will have a  wonderful day.

Thank you for sharing and posting your thoughts.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Michelle_P

Oh, I won't be wearing that dress into the kitchen and dinner service!  Out of place and it would likely be damaged!

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 01:15:23 PM
Where I grew up we always said Yams, and not Sweet Potatoes....   I don't care what we call it, it is so very good and is a standard entree at winter time holiday meals.  If you don't mind sharing could you sharing, what do you use for spicing it... cinnamon  for sure but anything else perhaps???

This one is actually a vegan and gluten-free dish.

Nine pounds of yams were baked at 375 for an hour and 15 minutes.

The peeled yams are mixed with two cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 4 tbsp of vanilla extract, and mashed together.  Add 4 tbsp of melted virgin coconut oil, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp nutmeg.  Mix until fairly smooth. 

Taste and add salt or white pepper as needed.  Transfer to a baking dish or dishes and smooth with a rubber spatula or large spoon.

For the topping, mix together 2 2/3 cups of rolled oats, 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (not toasted), 1 cup almond meal or almond flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 cup melted coconut oil, and 2 tbsp pure maple syrup.

Spread the topping evenly over the yams we prepared earlier.

Bake until the topping is toasted and the casserole is warmed through, about 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 01:27:29 PM
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
You are so very right, it is nice when gatherings of singles and others without nearby families can all get together for the big holiday celebrations.   I always love the potluck dinner gatherings, so many good cooks in the groups that I am involved in.

I can imagine that your Yam Casserole is very good based on a lot of your food postings and pictures that you have posted in the past.   I will ask the same question to you that I had asked @Michelle_P.... how do you spice your yam casserole???   I always use cinnamon as my main spice ingredient.

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving....
...I trust that you will have a  wonderful day.

Thank you for sharing and posting your thoughts.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Danielle,

I simply copied a part of Michelle's message relating to her casserole and outing, and pasted it at the start of my message in quotes, rather than use the site's quote function, then edit.  I guess I should not have done it that way, as it led to confusion.  My apologies.

I do not have a yam casserole but it does sound good. Cinnamon is a logical spice to use for the yam recipe.

Have a wonderful time with your friends today!  Happy Thanksgiving! 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 22, 2018, 12:48:19 PM
@Arianna Valentine:
Dear Arianna:
Yes indeed, I will have a good time, it is still quite early where I am, it is only 10:30AM,  I am finishing up on baking the dinner rolls and making the Deviled eggs... I made the Apple Pie last night....   I will be bringing that good stuff there for Thanksgiving Dinner with the family that invited me and my guest  (Toothfairy #4)...   at about noon I will shower up and clean up and wait for #4 to pick me up to go there.

What you stated is so very true:
    "If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?"
This applies to everyone, not just transgenders.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle
I am so glad that you like that quote I was little bit worried that people might take it the wrong way but thank you also we did chili for dinner because we did Thanksgiving Sunday and unfortunately I made it a little too spicy so every time you go to take a bite of it you have to cough LOL

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 22, 2018, 05:17:51 PM
I am so glad that you like that quote I was little bit worried that people might take it the wrong way but thank you also we did chili for dinner because we did Thanksgiving Sunday and unfortunately I made it a little too spicy so every time you go to take a bite of it you have to cough LOL

Arianna,

If you have enough extra chili base ingredients to add your hot chili base, you can neutralize the "excess heat" somewhat by adding those unhot ingredients, thereby diluting the "heat" in your chili.  You will not need to add more bean, meat, or noodles.  Just add more tomatoey base or if you used canned chili, add more of that.  It does make sense that the heat would be diluted, because the hot peppers, if you used them, is now spread over more of the other ingredients and your chili should be milder.

That might work, providing you did not make the chili super hot, otherwise the amount of extra base needed would be proportionally greater to make the chili milder.  You can try this to a couple of portions of your existing chili if you do not want to simply put it in the big pot and maybe mess it up with this ingredient adding experiment.  This technique often works for me, but your taste preference may differ, so you may not like the results any more than your hot chili!

Chrissy
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 22, 2018, 05:40:49 PM

Arianna,

If you have enough extra chili base ingredients to add your hot chili base, you can neutralize the "excess heat" somewhat by adding those unhot ingredients, thereby diluting the "heat" in your chili.  You will not need to add more bean, meat, or noodles.  Just add more tomatoey base or if you used canned chili, add more of that.  It does make sense that the heat would be diluted, because the hot peppers, if you used them, is now spread over more of the other ingredients and your chili should be milder.

That might work, providing you did not make the chili super hot, otherwise the amount of extra base needed would be proportionally greater to make the chili milder.  You can try this to a couple of portions of your existing chili if you do not want to simply put it in the big pot and maybe mess it up with this ingredient adding experiment.  This technique often works for me, but your taste preference may differ, so you may not like the results any more than your hot chili!

Chrissy
Unfortunately I have an allergy to certain tomato products so I can't use them

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Okay so this might seem a little odd to be happy around but I'm laying in bed and my hair keeps going in my eyes going on my nose going in my mouth and it just made me so giddy and happy because of how long it's getting I used to wear my hair in a crew cut so I'm pretty excited that it's growing at a decent rate

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 23, 2018, 03:48:49 AM
Okay so this might seem a little odd to be happy around but I'm laying in bed and my hair keeps going in my eyes going on my nose going in my mouth and it just made me so giddy and happy because of how long it's getting I used to wear my hair in a crew cut so I'm pretty excited that it's growing at a decent rate

Eating my hair is the most frustrating thing I've ever gotten satisfaction from.   ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on November 23, 2018, 03:48:49 AM

How long did it take to get that long?

I am awake for another reason, my entire face is itching because my skin is peeling after the microneedeling procedure I had done last Monday.  It feels like the peeling of skin after a gigantic sun burn.
I don't know if that is positive or negative, because the new skin should be beautiful (at least I was promised it would be).  Currently it just itches like crazy!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on November 23, 2018, 03:54:38 AM
How long did it take to get that long?

I am awake for another reason, my entire face is itching because my skin is peeling after the microneedeling procedure I had done last Monday.  It feels like the peeling of skin after a gigantic sun burn.
I don't know if that is positive or negative, because the new skin should be beautiful (at least I was promised it would be).  Currently it just itches like crazy!

I hope that your itching subsides.  Itching seems like a minor malady, but if you are experiencing it, it can be uncomfortable.  Peeling itself would annoy me more until that is over with.

Chrissy

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 23, 2018, 06:57:35 AM

I hope that your itching subsides.  Itching seems like a minor malady, but if you are experiencing it, it can be uncomfortable.  Peeling itself would annoy me more until that is over with.

Chrissy
The itching stole most of the night away from  me, I could sleep for about three hours only.
Yes, the peeling is bad, too.  I certainly do not look like a beauty queen.  The biggest problem for the looks is the fact that not all the facial surfaces peel at the same time, and my face looks like a version of a skin colored Dalmatien dog!

I better look unbelievable beautiful, once everything is done and over!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on November 23, 2018, 08:08:00 AM
The itching stole most of the night away from  me, I could sleep for about three hours only.
Yes, the peeling is bad, too.  I certainly do not look like a beauty queen.  The biggest problem for the looks is the fact that not all the facial surfaces peel at the same time, and my face looks like a version of a skin colored Dalmatien dog!

I better look unbelievable beautiful, once everything is done and over!

I wish you the best results!

Chrissy

•  

Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Today in the shower I noticed I still had some gunky oily stuff on my hands that I missed while cleaning up earlier.  I was holding my hands straight out in front of me so I could see them, and scrubbed them.  Then I looked and saw my breasts jiggling and I had the biggest smile.

Chrissy
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 23, 2018, 10:58:13 AM
Today in the shower I noticed I still had some gunky oily stuff on my hands that I missed while cleaning up earlier.  I was holding my hands straight out in front of me so I could see them, and scrubbed them.  Then I looked and saw my breasts jiggling and I had the biggest smile.

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan

Definitely well worth being happy about and having a big smile on your face....
.... and it just gets better and better as HRT continues to do it's thing.

Thank you for sharing this very happy report.
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donica

I have an appointment for a CT Facial scan for FFS today.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 22, 2018, 12:52:09 PM
I'm sharing a Thanksgiving with a large group that includes many older single folks who would otherwise be alone, and some folks in need, up at my local church.  I'll be delivering my garnet yam casserole (sweet potatoes to many folks) as well.

My girlfriend @Laurie picked out a lovely dress for me online and suggested I try it.  I believe she likes the jacket as a complement to an older dress I have.

The older dress that may also work with the jacket...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow Michelle! So very lovely! Laurie was right. They look great on you.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

RoryL

Wow, awesome, Donica! Best of luck today

Chrissy, congrats on the jiggle - it's wonderful, isn't it?

Michelle, that yam casserole sounds yummy, I'll have to try your recipe. You look wonderful in your pics. I love the jacket - classy & so versatile!

"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•