Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Nicole70 on November 28, 2018, 08:18:48 PM
It was my birthday yesterday, I received a card of my parents that read "Some things bring joy for a moment... having you for a daughter brings joy for life".

I'm cried of course

Nicole

That's awesome Nicole!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Lacy

It was my birthday yesterday, I received a card of my parents that read "Some things bring joy for a moment... having you for a daughter brings joy for life".

I'm cried of course

Nicole
I'm happy to hear that Nicole! Talk about a boost to the soul!
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 28, 2018, 05:53:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I have not changed my legal name yet, as that is something that awaits to be done further down my mtf journey.

However, today I was completing some important paperwork, and although it was not a contract, I signed to attest that all the information was accurate.  I was there as me, the woman I am.

I signed it with my new name.  That is the first time I have ever signed anything with my new name.  I looked at my signature and said wow!  That was so affirming to me. 

Hugs,

Chrissy
Wow, I had not the guts to do that yet.  But most of the people in the US don't know anyway whether my name is male or female, and my chosen name is very close in  looks and spelling to my dead name.
currently, I sign with my very sloppy written dead name (Dietmar), planning to slowly move over to Dietlind
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

I'm cried of course

Nicole
Congratulations for your birthday, and for having great parents!

•  

ChrissyRyan

I'm cried of course

Nicole

Nicole,

Awww, that was so sweet.   :)   I am happy for you and your parents!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

KathyLauren

I'm cried of course

Nicole

Aww, that's lovely!  Belated happy birthday.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Nicole70

Thank you all for your birthday wishes, yes I have lovely parents xx
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I'm cried of course

Nicole

@Nicole70
Dear Nicole:
Gee whiz... I am  crying now reading this extremely wonderful and delightful report from you.
Thank you for sharing this bit of your personal life with all of your friends and followers here.

Wishing you a very H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y    :icon_birthday:

Hugs and more hugs, and as always I am wishing you well.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

sophie1904

I love that card <3 congratulations!

Today I took my first step into the correct bathroom in a restaurant - sounds small after legal name changes, national publicity, facial surgery but it was incredible.

I'm me and there's no going back :)
  •  

Kendra

Sophie I am so glad to read this!!  Really happy for you. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: sophie1904 on November 29, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
I love that card <3 congratulations!

Today I took my first step into the correct bathroom in a restaurant - sounds small after legal name changes, national publicity, facial surgery but it was incredible.

I'm me and there's no going back :)
I did this two days ago.  It was like entering a different world!
Congratulations that you now arrived in this new world!

•  

Arianna Valentine

I went to Walmart and decided to buy a deluxe Foot Spa for $40 massage Jets bubbles heat you know the good stuff and it turns out it rang up for $3 and they gave it to me for that price because that's what it rang up LOL oh I also got a couple of cute shirts for breast cancer awareness for $3 each as well

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I finally got in the mood to shop again, after purposefully avoiding that crazy sales week!   :)
So I went out to see what I could find.

As it turned out, I spent a lot of time in various women's sections.  I found a nice coat and shoes that I liked, but both turned out to be the wrong size or color. 

I must have looked for an hour and a half altogether, seeing what I liked and what I did not like. I wanted a true additional discount too, not just a sale price that you could get about every few months or so throughout the year.  I spent the most time in the women's tops area. 

By the way, it seems like a fair number of stores are putting less and less walking room between the clothes displays, have you noticed that too? 

I ended up buying a wonderful blouse at an excellent price.

As it turns out, it is the nicest blouse I have ever owned.  It just seems to fit so well and this was a very good purchase.  So when I wore it out today I felt wonderful, and that made my day!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 30, 2018, 04:21:54 PM
I finally got in the mood to shop again, after purposefully avoiding that crazy sales week!   :)
So I went out to see what I could find.

As it turned out, I spent a lot of time in various women's sections.  I found a nice coat and shoes that I liked, but both turned out to be the wrong size or color. 

I must have looked for an hour and a half altogether, seeing what I liked and what I did not like. I wanted a true additional discount too, not just a sale price that you could get about every few months or so throughout the year.  I spent the most time in the women's tops area. 

By the way, it seems like a fair number of stores are putting less and less walking room between the clothes displays, have you noticed that too? 

I ended up buying a wonderful blouse at an excellent price.

As it turns out, it is the nicest blouse I have ever owned.  It just seems to fit so well and this was a very good purchase.  So when I wore it out today I felt wonderful, and that made my day!

Chrissy
Yes they do put less and less room it seems like they're trying to cram everything in the store at once instead of changing it out with the seasons they're just getting lazy

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

@Arianna Valentine
I so want one of those foot spa's Arianna. I need to fill it with Gold Bond foot care or something. Especially after kicking off the pumps.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Lacy

My wife asked me this evening to send her some ideas of women clothes to get me for Christmas! She was already looking and need to know sizes!

This is a huge step for her!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RealLacy on December 01, 2018, 11:04:11 PM
My wife asked me this evening to send her some ideas of women clothes to get me for Christmas! She was already looking and need to know sizes!

This is a huge step for her!
Lacy
That is awesome news congrats

•  

christinej78

I'm cried of course

Nicole

Hi Nicole,                  02 December 2018

Just saw and read your post, it made my eyes watery too; what a wonderful message from wonderful parents. Albeit belated, Happy Birthday Nicole, and hope you have many more.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Was at a sing along Christmas Concert today (the second time in my life wearing a skirt!!!).  And the lady next to me told me:  you have a wonderful mezzo soprano voice!
At least with singing I am there, because I used my natural voice and did not even try to go into base the way I always did!
If I just could keep from dropping into the male speech pattern during talking, nobody would know from my voice that I am not a cis female!

•