Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Today, I witnessed a young trans person come out to a group of 15 colleagues.  I wasn't totally surprised, since a mutual friend had asked if I would be willing to help her, but she opted to do it without help.  What a treat to see such courage on display!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 02, 2018, 07:00:19 PM
Today, I witnessed a young trans person come out to a group of 15 colleagues.  I wasn't totally surprised, since a mutual friend had asked if I would be willing to help her, but she opted to do it without help.  What a treat to see such courage on display!
That is truly a wonderful thing to see I would have loved to have been part of that and see something like that

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Arianna Valentine

So what made me happy today is I started lactating

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

SiobhánF

I saw my gf yesterday and I cried because I was so happy to see her. Then, before we ate our food, I hugged her for two minutes straight because I missed her so much. It was so good. UwU
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Roberta W

I was made happy TWICE today!  My nephew came out as Trans, and my brother accepted her with open arms.  Now we have a lot to share!  Then, today is my appointment to touch-up my permanent eyebrow makeup.  Such things always make me happy.
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Roberta W on December 03, 2018, 08:29:38 AM
I was made happy TWICE today!  My nephew came out as Trans, and my brother accepted her with open arms.  Now we have a lot to share!  Then, today is my appointment to touch-up my permanent eyebrow makeup.  Such things always make me happy.
It is nice with your nephew, because now you can mentor her a little!

I am also interested in that eyebrow thing.  My eyebrows are very blond and hardly visible, and I am not got with the marking pens.  What had you done to them?  And what did it cost?
I had my eyebrows dyed recently, but that grows out again.  They told me they would not recommend tattooing because of the fading, but there is something else available, which keeps them natural looking (I forgot the name).

<edit by moderator>
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Roberta W

Quote from: Dietlind on December 03, 2018, 10:20:18 AM
It is nice with your nephew, because now you can mentor him a little!

I am also interested in that eyebrow thing.  My eyebrows are very blond and hardly visible, and I am not got with the marking pens.  What had you done to them?  And what did it cost?
I had my eyebrows dyed recently, but that grows out again.  They told me they would not recommend tattooing because of the fading, but there is something else available, which keeps them natural looking (I forgot the name).

Hi Dietlind ... Yes!  I plan to keep in close touch with my nephew ... Now niece!  I am hoping she will learn from my experiences ...

Yes, I agree with you ... eyebrow marking pencils are difficult to deal with, and then when you finally do a good job, it doesn't last!  So I checked into the alternatives and found two options:  "Microblading" and "Permanent Makeup".  I tried microblading first (you can google that) ... But I was disappointed in that just a few months later it vitually faded away.  So the next time I went for "Permanent Makeup".  Both involve numbing the eyebrows with a cream and then tattoing the eyebrow pattern you want with a color that matches your natural complexion ... But certainly you can choose a color that is more visible than the blonde you have now.  In addition, the eyebrows are shaped to a more feminine curve.  It's true that this form of tattooing is not as permanent as a tattoo elsewhere on the body, because the skin is thinner there ... But permanent makeup is good for about a year, then it tends to fade a little.  But then you can go in for an hour and have it touched-up for another year.  It's still way better than "eybrow pencils".

Incidentally, I also had permanent eyeliner (black) and eye-shadow (blue) done, and that apparently is truly permanent and doesn't need to be touched up.  While I was in the neighborhood, I also went for permanent lip liner & lip color.  The color is just a little "redder" than my natural lips, so I can still put on lipstick when I want something darker.

Where did I have it done?  The microblading was done at my hair salon, but I went to a "medi-spa" for the other things.  I'd recommend that, because a "medi-spa" typically has an MD on site and because of that they can use the appropriate numbing agents to make the procedure(s) less painful.  I'm not sure where you live, but in my case ... Just so you can see the kind of place I'm talking about, I go to "Renew Medispa"... https://www.renewmedispa.com/

Hopefully I answered your question .... Roberta
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

valerie anne

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 02, 2018, 11:18:21 PM
So what made me happy today is I started lactating

I'm desperate to do the same! Please elaborate.
  •  

Anastasia E

Stumbled upon this website:
https://turn-me-into-a-girl.com/

Really cute, made me smile. Seems like a nice site for people who are questioning.

•  

Arianna Valentine

So I went and got my hair trimmed and the girl who does my hair told me I should look at hair straighteners and I needed a new blow-dryer anyways and so I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and didn't know it but they were having a 40% off everything sale today so super lucky Karma so loves me lately I only paid $60 for the whole straightening kit and the hair dryer

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 05:56:24 PM
So I went and got my hair trimmed and the girl who does my hair told me I should look at hair straighteners and I needed a new blow-dryer anyways and so I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and didn't know it but they were having a 40% off everything sale today so super lucky Karma so loves me lately I only paid $60 for the whole straightening kit and the hair dryer

They new trim looks very nice!

I was expecting an after straightening picture! But then there was none...
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RealLacy on December 03, 2018, 05:59:59 PM
They new trim looks very nice!

I was expecting an after straightening picture! But then there was none...
I just got home with the straightener and I haven't eaten all day so after I eat then I will use the straightener and you will definitely get pictures posted on here

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 06:00:35 PM
I just got home with the straightener and I haven't eaten all day so after I eat then I will use the straightener and you will definitely get pictures posted on here

Yay! Enjoy your food!

•  

Linde

Quote from: Roberta W on December 03, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

"Microblading" and "Permanent Makeup".  I tried microblading first (you can google that) ... But I was disappointed in that just a few months later it vitually faded away.  So the next time I went for "Permanent Makeup".  Both involve numbing the eyebrows with a cream and then tattoing the eyebrow pattern you want with a color that matches your natural complexion ... But certainly you can choose a color that is more visible than the blonde you have now.  In addition, the eyebrows are shaped to a more feminine curve.  It's true that this form of tattooing is not as permanent as a tattoo elsewhere on the body, because the skin is thinner there ... But permanent makeup is good for about a year, then it tends to fade a little.  But then you can go in for an hour and have it touched-up for another year.  It's still way better than "eybrow pencils".
Microblding was what they recommended over tattooing.  The cosmetic lady, who told me about it, had her eyebrows tattooed and she said she wished she had not done it!  Now I have to think it over!

Incidentally, I also had permanent eyeliner (black) and eye-shadow (blue) done, and that apparently is truly permanent and doesn't need to be touched up.  While I was in the neighborhood, I also went for permanent lip liner & lip color.  The color is just a little "redder" than my natural lips, so I can still put on lipstick when I want something darker.
That sounds painfull, do they do real tattooing on the eye lids?  The skin is so thin there, I would be concerned that they do my eyeball in addition!
Can they make the lips looking a little larger with this process?  I have the typical Nordic narrow lips that look like a thin line when pressed together!
Where did I have it done?  The microblading was done at my hair salon, but I went to a "medi-spa" for the other things.  I'd recommend that, because a "medi-spa" typically has an MD on site and because of that they can use the appropriate numbing agents to make the procedure(s) less painful.  I'm not sure where you live, but in my case ... Just so you can see the kind of place I'm talking about, I go to "Renew Medispa"... https://www.renewmedispa.com/

Hopefully I answered your question .... Roberta
My outfit has an MD on site twice a week for doing botox, etc.  I have to check with them if the do the the stuff, too.
I did not even know that those things could be done!
Thank you very much for the info!
Have a wonderful evening!
Linde

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RealLacy on December 03, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
Yay! Enjoy your food!
Alright so I think before I go straightening my hair because I've never done it before I am going to wait for my friend so her and I can Skype and she can teach me step by step and I don't burn all my hair off LOL

•  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 06:34:45 PM
Alright so I think before I go straightening my hair because I've never done it before I am going to wait for my friend so her and I can Skype and she can teach me step by step and I don't burn all my hair off LOL

I like the wavy hair you have, why would you want to make it look boring?  My hair is so straight, it would straighten out the straighteners!  I always wished I had wavy hair!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 03, 2018, 06:48:43 PM
I like the wavy hair you have, why would you want to make it look boring?  My hair is so straight, it would straighten out the straighteners!  I always wished I had wavy hair!
I'm using the straightener to try to keep the frizz down I hate how frizzy my hair is

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 06:57:40 PM
I'm using the straightener to try to keep the frizz down I hate how frizzy my hair is

Have you read about the curly girl method? I am currently using it, and my hair stays less frizzy and the curls are nicer and manageable.

Lacy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RealLacy on December 03, 2018, 07:17:39 PM
Have you read about the curly girl method? I am currently using it, and my hair stays less frizzy and the curls are nicer and manageable.

Lacy
I have never heard about that please enlighten me you can private message me so we don't hi jacked up the red if you want or if it's okay

•  

Lacy

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 07:18:37 PM
I have never heard about that please enlighten me you can private message me so we don't hi jacked up the red if you want or if it's okay

I will send you a message!

•