Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 08:59:22 PM
So the one that's more lit up is before hair straightening and the other one is after the one where you can see my black and pink shirt are after straightening

Nice job with straightening! 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 04, 2018, 04:38:26 AM

Nice job with straightening! 

Chrissy
Thanks that whole sectioning off part is hard LOL

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 04, 2018, 04:40:29 AM
Thanks that whole sectioning off part is hard LOL

Was it hard to determine where you sectioned?
Did you use more than one mirror?  Did you get help? 

There are chemical straighteners also, but research those carefully and consider having a pro do it.  You may not want to use a formaldehyde based straightener as those can be harsh on the hair. 

The advantage of the chemical straightening is that it lasts a long time.  The major disadvantages would be you are allergic to the chemicals, hair can get damaged, and the cost to pay someone to do it. 

But you can try the do it yourself (DIY) types for about $15 and up.  I think there is one called something like Keep it Straight.  Those DIY kits will not keep your hair straight for as long as when the pros do it unless you buy pro kits. 

I also like to use the Simply Straight brush as you can straighten hair while it is wet and without sectioning, if you so desire.  It goes on sale a lot, its list price is about $35-40.  It is good for quick straightening.  We can get busy at times!

Bring a woman takes a lot of work some times, doesn't it?

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 04, 2018, 05:00:07 AM
Was it hard to determine where you sectioned?
Did you use more than one mirror?  Did you get help? 

There are chemical straighteners also, but research those carefully and consider having a pro do it.  You may not want to use a formaldehyde based straightener as those can be harsh on the hair. 

The advantage of the chemical straightening is that it lasts a long time.  The major disadvantages would be you are allergic to the chemicals, hair can get damaged, and the cost to pay someone to do it. 

But you can try the do it yourself (DIY) types for about $15 and up.  I think there is one called something like Keep it Straight.  Those DIY kits will not keep your hair straight for as long as when the pros do it unless you buy pro kits. 

I also like to use the Simply Straight brush as you can straighten hair while it is wet and without sectioning, if you so desire.  It goes on sale a lot, its list price is about $35-40.  It is good for quick straightening.  We can get busy at times!

Bring a woman takes a lot of work some times, doesn't it?

Chrissy
Sectioning off was probably the toughest part I only have one mirror and my friend was going to help me over Skype but she wasn't feeling good today and I just kind of went for it and sat in front of my vanity and did it and turned out good I'm trying to stay away from chemicals that straighten your hair though I should wear chemicals to prevent it from burning bad or anything but I want to stay away from chemical straighteners if possible...

And yes being a woman is so much harder than being a man being a man you get up run your fingers through your hair and you're off on your day LOL it ain't nothing like that being a woman we've got products to help the products to help straightening and style

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 03, 2018, 08:59:22 PM
So the one that's more lit up is before hair straightening and the other one is after the one where you can see my black and pink shirt are after straightening

I know you did not ask for a vote, but my vote is for straight.

It is a bit longer, looks more feminine to me, and again in my opinion, looks much cuter straight.

Kate
  •  

Linde

OK girls.  Here is the deal, you get my straight air (any given ruler is curvy compared to my hair), and I gt some of your wavy stuff!  I always wanted to have wavy hair, and here I had to live with this ugly straight stuff, and still have to live with it!  I use those round brushes and the hair dryer to get some waves into my hair!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: KatieP on December 04, 2018, 11:06:49 AM
I know you did not ask for a vote, but my vote is for straight.

It is a bit longer, looks more feminine to me, and again in my opinion, looks much cuter straight.

Kate
Sweetie I'm the kind of girl that appreciates everybody's input because it takes a lot to make some us look beautiful sometimes so some of us can use all the help we can get

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 04, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
OK girls.  Here is the deal, you get my straight air (any given ruler is curvy compared to my hair), and I gt some of your wavy stuff!  I always wanted to have wavy hair, and here I had to live with this ugly straight stuff, and still have to live with it!  I use those round brushes and the hair dryer to get some waves into my hair!
Sweetie I completely understand that me I have the problem that my hair has always been wavy and curly and I've always wanted it straight because straight I felt on me look more feminine

•  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 04, 2018, 12:04:03 PM
Sweetie I completely understand that me I have the problem that my hair has always been wavy and curly and I've always wanted it straight because straight I felt on me look more feminine

Don't we all want what we don't have!  here I dream of wavy hair, and you dream of straight hair!
Modern technology enables us to change our hair into the hair of our dreams!

Have a wonderful straight hair day!
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 04, 2018, 01:36:42 PM
Don't we all want what we don't have!  here I dream of wavy hair, and you dream of straight hair!
Modern technology enables us to change our hair into the hair of our dreams!

Have a wonderful straight hair day!
Linde
Yes it is truly amazing and time consuming straightening last night I think took me an hour

•  

Jaime320

Another day Sounding like a yeti due to sinus drainage. Yet I feel wonderful, yeah HRT.

Oh yeah another small thing happened this morning. My shirt tail was cut off by my CFI. Woohoo I flew by myself. 3 good landings. Hey I walked away and the plane was 100% for next flight. Two landings I had to recover slightly. Not having 230# in seat next to you definitely makes a difference. I carried more energy than expected and had to bleed it. Sat there in ground effect. Didn't think it was coming down with 17:1 glide ratio. Got on brakes a little and made first turn off.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 04, 2018, 04:09:02 PM
Another day Sounding like a yeti due to sinus drainage. Yet I feel wonderful, yeah HRT.

Oh yeah another small thing happened this morning. My shirt tail was cut off by my CFI. Woohoo I flew by myself. 3 good landings. Hey I walked away and the plane was 100% for next flight. Two landings I had to recover slightly. Not having 230# in seat next to you definitely makes a difference. I carried more energy than expected and had to bleed it. Sat there in ground effect. Didn't think it was coming down with 17:1 glide ratio. Got on brakes a little and made first turn off.
Going solo does feel good doesnt it? I still remember how good it felt in 1985 in a Cessna 152.

Sounds like you nailed the flare and touch down - as they say- any landing you walk away from is a good one!

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 04, 2018, 04:09:02 PM

Congratulations!!!

And, now that you are an official aviator, you should check out the Aviation thread: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,239966.0.html

;D

Kate
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Very simple very easy shopping new outfit pictures coming soon

•  

davina61

Being told how good and well I looked at Xmas dinner by folks not seen in ages and they loved my dress, some of the lads I have known for 40years did a double take!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Knowing despite my current discomfort that the evil between my legs is gone [emoji51][emoji51][emoji3][emoji3][emoji2][emoji2][emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Arianna Valentine

As promised here is a pictures of some of my new I was trying to find a plaid skirt but had no luck I did find a plain black one though really cute too

•