Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime320

It may be odd, but I love dressing as me, but more and more it's becoming meh. That's to much of a headache. Pj's and a movie please.  I'm me no matter what I wear. I just wish the outside would catch up with the inside.
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 07, 2018, 10:32:49 PM
It may be odd, but I love dressing as me, but more and more it's becoming meh. That's to much of a headache. Pj's and a movie please.  I'm me no matter what I wear. I just wish the outside would catch up with the inside.

YES!!!

I have been thinking for a long time, that looking out on the world, for me, it is no different regardless of the clothes I am wearing. I am the woman I have always been no matter the clothes.

However, the clothes help the OTHER person relate to me in a way I would prefer.

So, the clothes are not as much for you, as they are for others.

That said, I love going all out and dressing up a bit...

Kate
  •  

GingerVicki

I got my new running shoes for the gym today. They are super comfy.
  •  

LizK

Yay...They let me out of bed under my own steam...I may not be allowed To go anywhere but I don't care!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: LizK on December 08, 2018, 02:06:13 AM
Yay...They let me out of bed under my own steam...I may not be allowed To go anywhere but I don't care!!

It is truly wonderful to hear that you are doing well just take it slow take it carefully and relax

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

sophie1904

My new driving license arrived :)

I now have all the paperwork (except birth certificate updated which is complicated in the UK) - passport, driving licence, education certificates, employment records and bank accounts.

I'm now ready for the Embassy appointment for relocation to Seattle with no assigned gender on my paperwork - fingers crossed US Immigration recognize me as per my UK ID :)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: sophie1904 on December 08, 2018, 06:37:14 AM

I now have all the paperwork (except birth certificate updated which is complicated in the UK) - passport, driving licence, education certificates, employment records and bank accounts.

I'm now ready for the Embassy appointment for relocation to Seattle with no assigned gender on my paperwork - fingers crossed US Immigration recognize me as per my UK ID :)

Congratulations!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: sophie1904 on December 08, 2018, 06:37:14 AM

Hi Sophie,                          08 December 2018

Let me be the first to welcome you to the US, the greatest place on this earth next to Scotland. The weather in Seattle is probably close to Edinburgh so that should make acclimating quite easy. Looking at your avatar tells me you won't have any problem finding someone to help you with your luggage; the problem will be, which one to choose.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Lisa89125

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 08, 2018, 02:33:55 AM
It is truly wonderful to hear that you are doing well just take it slow take it carefully and relax

Thanks for the encouragement Arianna...trying to pace myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Tara P

Quote from: LizK on December 08, 2018, 02:06:13 AM

That's fantastic and I'm glad you're recovering!  You'll be running circles around all of us in no time but try to get some rest until then.   :)
  •  

Arianna Valentine

My oldest nephew made dinner tonight and asked me if I wanted to come over and get some so I didn't have to cook dinner.....

yummy deer chili

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

I went literally shopping until I almost dropped.  I bought a lot of clothing items and some fashion jewelry!

Most stores around here have an end of season sale (I don't know why, because we have an almost eternal summer), and some stores gave an additional 30% off!  That means, some stuff was 70 to 80% off, of the original price!

I am set now with stuff for a little while!  But I need one or two more pairs of shoes!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 09, 2018, 10:06:02 PM
I went literally shopping until I almost dropped.  I bought a lot of clothing items and some fashion jewelry!

Most stores around here have an end of season sale (I don't know why, because we have an almost eternal summer), and some stores gave an additional 30% off!  That means, some stuff was 70 to 80% off, of the original price!

I am set now with stuff for a little while!  But I need one or two more pairs of shoes!
If there is eternal Summer there then I need to be there because I need to be modeling a two-piece not pants and a sweatshirt

•  

christinej78

Dear Dena,                      10 December 2018

I want to thank you for making me happier than I have ever been and for saving my life. Had it not been for you, I may have been on the opposite side of the lawn. Thank You Dena Dear, I Love and Thank You.

All my Love Forever,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 09, 2018, 10:13:52 PM
If there is eternal Summer there then I need to be there because I need to be modeling a two-piece not pants and a sweatshirt

It was 78 yesterday, is that warm enough?  You are welcome to visit at any time!

•  

Linde

Was at my new endocrinologist today.  A very nice person, who admitted that he does not know much about transgender peoples requirements.  Nevertheless, he followed the recommendations of my psychologist and prescribed estrogen and spiro.  He said that he is cooperating with the probably best endo for trans stuff in the area (I know of him, because there was a big write up in the Fort Myers newspaper about him), and he got me a appointment with him.  On January 3rd I will get top notch service from a top notch doctor!

Nobody misgendered me today, as I asked the receptionist for the bathroom, she said the ladies room is down the corridor!
The doc himself did not really know how to address me (he of cause could see that I am still registered as male), he elegantly handled this dilemma, and just called me doctor XXX (last name).

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 09:41:44 AM
Was at my new endocrinologist today.  A very nice person, who admitted that he does not know much about transgender peoples requirements.  Nevertheless, he followed the recommendations of my psychologist and prescribed estrogen and spiro.  He said that he is cooperating with the probably best endo for trans stuff in the area (I know of him, because there was a big write up in the Fort Myers newspaper about him), and he got me a appointment with him.  On January 3rd I will get top notch service from a top notch doctor!

Nobody misgendered me today, as I asked the receptionist for the bathroom, she said the ladies room is down the corridor!
The doc himself did not really know how to address me (he of cause could see that I am still registered as male), he elegantly handled this dilemma, and just called me doctor XXX (last name).
He seems like an excellent professional congratulations and next time just correct them they like you can call me ma'am thank you LOL

•  

Arianna Valentine

1 hr massage so lovely

•  

Amie June

I endured an electrolysis session this morning on my upper lip - ouch!!! Dang that hurt. I'm now 85% done with hair removal and can't wait for it all to be done. I never thought I'd get this far and I'm so proud of myself :)

Amie June
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.