Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Amie June on December 10, 2018, 02:15:35 PM
I endured an electrolysis session this morning on my upper lip - ouch!!! Dang that hurt. I'm now 85% done with hair removal and can't wait for it all to be done. I never thought I'd get this far and I'm so proud of myself :)

Amie June
Congraulations for the mile stone!
I can't even think about the pain, and I hope that they can do most of mine with laser!
Did you used to have a heavy beard growth?  Mine is wimpy, but it is there!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

LizK

I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today...of hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Amie June

Quote from: Dietlind on December 10, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
Congraulations for the mile stone!
I can't even think about the pain, and I hope that they can do most of mine with laser!
Did you used to have a heavy beard growth?  Mine is wimpy, but it is there!

I was lucky - very little beard growth! I started out with laser and then moved on to electrolysis to finish. They're both painful, just in different ways. You'll be happy to have though hairs gone though! I think it's a rite of passage for us trans girls :)

Amie
Came out to myself September 15, 2017
Stopped cutting my hair September 15, 2017
Started gender therapy September 28, 2017
Came out to two female friends and sister December 2017
Came out to adult daughter and her partner January 2018
First appointment with endocrinologist March 21, 2018
Started HRT March 23, 2018
Started laser treatment for facial hair June 28, 2018
Started electrolysis October 11, 2018

"You are woman
and you're beautiful.
Let the world see you."
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: LizK on December 10, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today
I'm getting out today...of hospital

Yay congratulations girly just remember still be careful but still awesome days that you're getting out of hospital today be free young one be free

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

LizK

6 weeks No HRT ....not any more and no one will get me to stop again

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Amie June on December 10, 2018, 04:52:59 PM
I was lucky - very little beard growth! I started out with laser and then moved on to electrolysis to finish. They're both painful, just in different ways. You'll be happy to have though hairs gone though! I think it's a rite of passage for us trans girls :)

Amie
I had laser already done, they want to do 4 laser sessions, one is done.  After that, I have to see what's left.  When I do a nice close wet shave, I can go around for 3 to 4 days before the 5 o'clock shade can be seen on my face.  Depending how much laser will take away, I might just stop with it and do my shaving for the rest of the little bit of beard growth I have.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Melinda@heart

I went to the gym for the first time in 11 years tonight. 30 mins on bike, then my friend Amy came over and drug me to the leg weight machines where she proceeded to abuse me repeatedly with butt, thigh and leg excercises.....  we are no longer friends. Haha. Joking. I love her despite her abuse. It felt great to work out again! I'm sure I'll have some words for her in the morning though. [emoji43]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Melinda@heart on December 10, 2018, 06:36:17 PM
  I went to the gym for the first time in 11 years tonight. 30 mins on bike, then my friend Amy came over and drug me to the leg weight machines where she proceeded to abuse me repeatedly with butt, thigh and leg excercises.....  we are no longer friends. Haha. Joking. I love her despite her abuse. It felt great to work out again! I'm sure I'll have some words for her in the morning though. [emoji43]

Well apparently leg and butt exercises are supposed to help increase your butt size and hip size so I would be thanking her instead of reprimanding her

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: LizK on December 10, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

6 weeks No HRT ....not any more and no one will get me to stop again

THANK GOD!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Melinda@heart

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 10, 2018, 06:39:29 PM
Well apparently leg and butt exercises are supposed to help increase your butt size and hip size so I would be thanking her instead of reprimanding her

Yeah, it was a joke. She warned me I was going to be sore tomorrow.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Melinda@heart on December 10, 2018, 07:08:29 PM
Yeah, it was a joke. She warned me I was going to be sore tomorrow.

Yep I remember when I first started hormones I started jogging and walking and running that lasted all about 2 weeks and I couldn't walk for like 3 months cuz it hurts so bad LOL

•  

TonyaW

In the locker room at the gym after workout and one of the employees comes in, walks over by the toilets and showers then to other side of lockers. Then she comes over to me (apparently only one in there) to tell me that a male needs to come into the locker room to do some work and asks if I'm ok with that.

Took that to mean that at least they don't think I'm male and that I'm ok to use the womens lockers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: TonyaW on December 11, 2018, 07:53:03 AM
In the locker room at the gym after workout and one of the employees comes in, walks over by the toilets and showers then to other side of lockers. Then she comes over to me (apparently only one in there) to tell me that a male needs to come into the locker room to do some work and asks if I'm ok with that.

Took that to mean that at least they don't think I'm male and that I'm ok to use the womens lockers.

I would take that gym worker statement the same way!  Great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

mm

TonyaW, you were seems as any woman in the women's locker room and they wanted you to know that a male was coming to make some kind of repair.  You are definitely passing completely.
  •  

Anastasia E

Been on HRT exactly 4 weeks! And today I definitely feel the beginnings of breast buds under my nipples - they are BARELY there, but quite sore and i am not imagining it this time  :D

Was a bit worried because most people seems to say they felt the beginnings of breast development after 1 month, and I hadn't felt anything at all.. well this isn't much, but it's there - like clockwork    ;D

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: TonyaW on December 11, 2018, 07:53:03 AM

That is always amazing news if you're standing there and work out clothes and you pass then you pass everywhere

•  

Arianna Valentine

Woke up in a great mood and my hair slightly change color

•  

sophie1904

Upper lip electrolysis appointment today - usually I cry my way through these and they're really slow going but not today ....

Today, I enlisted the help of a dentist to use local anasthesia on my upper lip and it was amazing! For a mere £30 / $40 she numbed the entire area and I couldn't feel a thing during the electrolysis which meant 1) we cleared the entire upper lip and 2) we used the maximum current so there should be maximum destruction of the follicles :)
  •  

LizK

Quote from: sophie1904 on December 11, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
Upper lip electrolysis appointment today - usually I cry my way through these and they're really slow going but not today ....

Today, I enlisted the help of a dentist to use local anasthesia on my upper lip and it was amazing! For a mere £30 / $40 she numbed the entire area and I couldn't feel a thing during the electrolysis which meant 1) we cleared the entire upper lip and 2) we used the maximum current so there should be maximum destruction of the follicles :)

Hey Sophie, this is the only way I can have them work on my top lip...I had maybe 7 full clearances in the past and still the odd grey keeps popping up...Glad you had such a great result for the minimal cost...

take care.
Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

KathyLauren

Besides the Christmas holiday, the Marquise de Sade my electrologist is taking most of January off.  That means that my face gets a break!  :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •