Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Dietlind on December 14, 2018, 10:15:13 PM
Are you living on a treadmill?  I needed t walk 11349 steps (5.3 miles) to reach my measly 599 cals, and it took 2 hours out of my day, and keeping me for that long time away from delicious snacks!

Heart rate!! ...you need to raise it to a level where you get increased calorie burn...I was doing 5-6ks per workout and burning  about 600 per 45  minute session and lost just over 16kgs in about 3-4months....I also ate a sensible diet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: LizK on December 14, 2018, 10:24:57 PM

Heart rate!! ...you need to raise it to a level where you get increased calorie burn...I was doing 5-6ks per workout and burning  about 600 per 45  minute session and lost just over 16kgs in about 3-4months....I also ate a sensible diet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, exactly this. Although my heart rate is lowering so I push harder to get the same burn.

Quote from: Dietlind on December 14, 2018, 10:15:13 PM
Are you living on a treadmill?  I needed t walk 11349 steps (5.3 miles) to reach my measly 599 cals, and it took 2 hours out of my day, and keeping me for that long time away from delicious snacks!
LOL not quite but last weekend I did 8.58 miles on Sunday and yesterday I did a 7.42 miles of walking.

My steps today are 14512 and I just  ;) walked 6.62 miles today. Most of that was a jog for 90 minutes. Today I'm total I have burned 3115 calories.

It's funny. This made me think Of Battlestar Galatica in the begginging. It's not ok to get off the treadmill.  ;D
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 14, 2018, 10:27:02 PM
Yup, exactly this. Although my heart rate is lowering so I push harder to get the same burn.
LOL not quite but last weekend I did 8.58 miles on Sunday and yesterday I did a 7.42 miles of walking.

My steps today are 14512 and I just  ;) walked 6.62 miles today. Most of that was a jog for 90 minutes. Today I'm total I have burned 3115 calories.
I used to jog when I was younger,  I ran every day.  But had to stop running about 10 yeas ago, because my joints told me it is not good for them.  Meniscus is gone in both knees plus chronic sciatica on the left side.  Jogging is not really fun anymore!
I am still pretty fit for a person of my age, but age is a determining factor in all f that.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 14, 2018, 10:34:23 PM
I used to jog when I was younger,  I ran every day.  But had to stop running about 10 yeas ago, because my joints told me it is not good for them.  Meniscus is gone in both knees plus chronic sciatica on the left side.  Jogging is not really fun anymore!
I am still pretty fit for a person of my age, but age is a determining factor in all f that.
Once I get a little lighter I plan on adding swimming laps in the pool. Right now I would just feel embarrassed. But I used to love running and riding my bike. I'm going to get back into it all.

Right now about a hour from bed I'm down to 213.9 pounds. That's .3 higher then this morning. When I get up tomorrow I'm hoping for a weigh in under 213.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 14, 2018, 10:39:56 PM
Once I get a little lighter I plan on adding swimming laps in the pool. Right now I would just feel embarrassed. But I used to love running and riding my bike. I'm going to get back into it all.

Right now about a hour from bed I'm down to 213.9 pounds. That's .3 higher then this morning. When I get up tomorrow I'm hoping for a weigh in under 213.
Swimming might be counterproductive, unless it si done in warm water.  If you swim in cold water, the body tries to keep the core temperature up to normal.  For this purpose fat gets moved as a layer under the skin.  You will not loose much fat, just redistribute it with swimming in cold water!

And don't drive yourself nuts with stepping on the sale every day.  Health professionals recommend to do this once a week only!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 14, 2018, 10:59:05 PM
Swimming might be counterproductive, unless it si done in warm water.  If you swim in cold water, the body tries to keep the core temperature up to normal.  For this purpose fat gets moved as a layer under the skin.  You will not loose much fat, just redistribute it with swimming in cold water!

And don't drive yourself nuts with stepping on the sale every day.  Health professionals recommend to do this once a week only!
I'm goal driven. I can't not check on my progress because what if things are sliding and I need to hit the treadmill more to balance things out?

Oh no I wasn't planning on swimming in cold water. I'm sure there is a indoors pool around here somewhere I can use for a reasonable rate. This is probably closer to a month or so out though.

My prediction is I will be down to roughly 180 by the end of February. That would probably be when I start swimming.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

My friend finally signed up for this website to support me and all of us other ladies and gentlemen they're transitioning and why not comment that he made or one phrase that he said really made me happy here is what he said word for word and I do hope that it inspires more of you ladies like it did me...

"In that respect trans women are more of a woman than most cis women who rest on their genetic laurels

Even as cis feller I recognise that trans guys have put in a lot of hard work into being themselves and as a result . . . more of a guy than I am."

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 14, 2018, 11:25:59 PM
I'm goal driven. I can't not check on my progress because what if things are sliding and I need to hit the treadmill more to balance things out?

Oh no I wasn't planning on swimming in cold water. I'm sure there is a indoors pool around here somewhere I can use for a reasonable rate. This is probably closer to a month or so out though.

My prediction is I will be down to roughly 180 by the end of February. That would probably be when I start swimming.
You can drive yourself nuts with checking the weight daily.  Your weight fluctuates from day to day due to different amounts of water retention.  That is why you should weight in once a week only.  Otherwise you drive yourself crazy!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 15, 2018, 12:02:43 PM
You can drive yourself nuts with checking the weight daily.  Your weight fluctuates from day to day due to different amounts of water retention.  That is why you should weight in once a week only.  Otherwise you drive yourself crazy!
Oh yeah I understand the fluctuations. I have them graphed but I don't worry about them. I have actually found if I increase my calories along with my active calorie burn rate my body will burn more calories for longer because it thinks good times are here and cuts on the after burners. In the last two days from my last cycle I have burned 2.5 pounds even eating a combined 2626 calories over the last two days. I also covered 14.11 miles in the last two days.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 15, 2018, 12:35:17 PM
Oh yeah I understand the fluctuations. I have them graphed but I don't worry about them. I have actually found if I increase my calories along with my active calorie burn rate my body will burn more calories for longer because it thinks good times are here and cuts on the after burners. In the last two days from my last cycle I have burned 2.5 pounds even eating a combined 2626 calories over the last two days. I also covered 14.11 miles in the last two days.
You are a very  goal driven girl!  I wish I would have such a strong ambition!  I did only 2 miles this morning, because I found a million good reasons to not get my rear end out of bed on time!  I have to walk early in the morning, because it gets to warm later on!
But you are young and petty, the only thing left for me is the "and" from that sentence!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 15, 2018, 01:59:22 PM
You are a very  goal driven girl!  I wish I would have such a strong ambition!  I did only 2 miles this morning, because I found a million good reasons to not get my rear end out of bed on time!  I have to walk early in the morning, because it gets to warm later on!
But you are young and petty, the only thing left for me is the "and" from that sentence!
That I am. I don't understand the word can't. My closest translation is try harder. :D

I just got done painting my nails red and adding on the clear gel coating. I got them today along with a translucent number 7 foundation in a compact with a mirror. I also got a new eyebrow grooming kit but didn't realize that it didn't come with a AAA battery so I have one more walk to go there and buy some AAA batteries so I can get my eyebrows trimmed up.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 15, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
That I am. I don't understand the word can't. My closest translation is try harder. :D

I just got done painting my nails red and adding on the clear gel coating. I got them today along with a translucent number 7 foundation in a compact with a mirror. I also got a new eyebrow grooming kit but didn't realize that it didn't come with a AAA battery so I have one more walk to go there and buy some AAA batteries so I can get my eyebrows trimmed up.
What is that eyebrow trim kit for a gizmo?  Can you please put a link in to see what it is?  I am a technology freak, and try to get any interesting looking gizmo there is!

You are lucky that you can walk to a store, the planers here were so considerate, not to put sidewalks in. Walking, why would you do that, don't you have a car s the motto here!

•  

TonyaW

On Friday, hearing my step father talking to my brother and referring to me as his sister.   

Saturday at my mom's birthday, having my mom  introducing me to her friends as her daughter.  She hesitated a bit the first time, but it seemed like it was more natural to her as the day went on.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: TonyaW on December 16, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
On Friday, hearing my step father talking to my brother and referring to me as his sister.   

Saturday at my mom's birthday, having my mom  introducing me to her friends as her daughter.  She hesitated a bit the first time, but it seemed like it was more natural to her as the day went on.

such wonderful affirmation....It just makes all the bad stuff seem "no as bad" when you have support from those who are close to you

Congrats

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

That is terrific!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

That is amazing news and them both fully accepting you is truly wonderful news congratulations!!!!!!!

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Was at a lovely Christmas concert with the southern Florida Symphonie Orchestra.  And nobody male gendered me, and I had even very little small talk in the female bathroom.
I was there with two of my girlfriends, and one of them knew a couple, and introduced me to them as Linde, her friend from Germany!
None of my friends dead name me anymore, not even accidentally!

•  

GingerVicki

Priceless!
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I am a member of the karaoke site and I have my picture on my profile as my avatar and I was just finishing singing a song and saw that I had a message in my private mail a gentleman had heard me singing and saw my picture call me beautiful told me I had a lovely smile and to keep it up I am literally going to start crying I really needed to hear something like that today

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 16, 2018, 07:48:10 PM
I am a member of the karaoke site and I have my picture on my profile as my avatar and I was just finishing singing a song and saw that I had a message in my private mail a gentleman had heard me saying and saw my picture call me beautiful told me I had a lovely smile and to keep it up I am literally going to start crying I really needed to hear something like that today

That was nice!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •