Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianna Valentine

I finally got the results of my recent blood work that tested my estrogen and testosterone levels my estrogen has raised from 40 to 83 points my testosterone has dropped from 551 down to 435 I do not know if this is a significant number or not after 8 months on low dose estrogen pills or not but I am pretty happy about it

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

It is nice when even if you are in guy's clothes, as I was today, that someone who knows you are mtf calls you by your correct (female) name in greeting and conversation, and you have a wonderful long conversation.  This thoughtfulness applied was no different than when I was dressed in female clothing.  (Although I wish I was in a nice outfit today.)    This was very respectful, considerate, and affirming.   :)

And I am not talking about just a gender therapist doing that, but someone else. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 18, 2018, 06:18:19 PM
It is nice when even if you are in guy's clothes, as I was today, that someone who knows you are mtf calls you by your correct (female) name in greeting and conversation, and you have a wonderful long conversation.  This thoughtfulness applied was no different than when I was dressed in female clothing.  (Although I wish I was in a nice outfit today.)    This was very respectful, considerate, and affirming.   :)

And I am not talking about just a gender therapist doing that, but someone else. 

Chrissy

As good as that is just wait for the male fail when you're not full time in male clothes and start getting yes mammed by complete strangers. That moment when your man card gets cut up.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 18, 2018, 09:42:04 PM
As good as that is just wait for the male fail when you're not full time in male clothes and start getting yes mammed by complete strangers. That moment when your man card gets cut up.

Now that will be nice. 

I am getting some long looks as male at times, but they seem to go away right after I speak.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 19, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
Now that will be nice. 

I am getting some long looks as male at times, but they seem to go away right after I speak.

Chrissy

Voice training time. How deep is your voice?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 19, 2018, 10:32:18 AM
Now that will be nice. 

Chrissy
This darn voice!  It is not the pitch with me, it is the speech pattern!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 19, 2018, 12:14:51 PM
This darn voice!  It is not the pitch with me, it is the speech pattern!
I can honestly say I don't seem to get a lot of looks because of my voice there are times that I do but not often

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 12:17:53 PM
I can honestly say I don't seem to get a lot of looks because of my voice there are times that I do but not often

I don't know if others feel that my voice is not feminin, because I have a rather high pitched voice by nature (in the low female voice range), it is me who feels  that it is not the way a female would be speaking.
This voice is the main culprit for any dysphoria I have!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 19, 2018, 01:09:36 PM
I don't know if others feel that my voice is not feminin, because I have a rather high pitched voice by nature (in the low female voice range), it is me who feels  that it is not the way a female would be speaking.
You know I had voice dysphoria problem as well but one of my dear friends said and I'm going to try to quote this okay so I couldn't find her quote but basically she said that there are so many different women with so many different voice ranges and men as well that we should not worried if our voice does not what other people expect it only matters how we see it and hear it and if we can accept it then everybody else has no choice but to

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
You know I had voice dysphoria problem as well but one of my dear friends said and I'm going to try to quote this okay so I couldn't find her quote but basically she said that there are so many different women with so many different voice ranges and men as well that we should not worried if our voice does not what other people expect it only matters how we see it and hear it and if we can accept it then everybody else has no choice but to

This is true but a good voice is social lubricant for situations where you just have no choice.

That said the voices really do range the spectrum of things like pitch and nasally tone. Just try to use inflection and you should do reasonably well.
  •  

Donica

I agree! It's not my pitch or pitch range, it's my tone that doesn't sound feminine when I play it back. I still have to work this out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Donica on December 19, 2018, 02:30:15 PM
I agree! It's not my pitch or pitch range, it's my tone that doesn't sound feminine when I play it back. I still have to work this out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I really don't know what it is with me, others say I sound pretty OK, but I feel as if I have the lowest sounding voice in the block.  I think it is the way how I am using my voice.
when I sing, which means, when the usage of my voice is dictated by the composer, I can sing in a pretty steady mezzo soprano voice, and going once in a while down into alto, but I never ever go down into a male vocal range (trying to sing baritone hurts my throat quite a bit).
But one I am "freelancing" during a conversation, I have the feeling that  I always slip down into the acquired mal speech pattern.  It drives me nuts, and i try to avoid saying more than a few words when in a public setting.  I can control single words or very small sentences, but I am not able (I think) to hold a conversation without getting that male thing back into my  speech!  And this causes my a gigantic amount of DYSPHORIA!

•  

Jaime320

Quote from: Dietlind on December 19, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

Could be the same problem I'm having. I have pitch and resonance down, but lack inflection and cadence. I infered one reason women speak more words than men is the continuous word joins without a pause between words. This allowing more words in the same breath.
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM

Funny this is exactly what my voice coach told me yesterday. We'll keep working and tweaking. The main goal is that you are happy with your voice.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 19, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
Funny this is exactly what my voice coach told me yesterday. We'll keep working and tweaking. The main goal is that you are happy with your voice.
That is exactly correct and why I refused voice coaching

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

•  

Jaime320

After working in yard today. I've realized two things. I don't wreak afterwards, and I now barely sweat. I guess I'm entering glisten territory. Main positive is the smell.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 19, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
Everybody tells me that, but it does not help! I still don't feel comfortable to speak longer sentences in public.
And no, I am not happy with the way I use my perfectly feminin sounding voice.  Singing is not a problem, but I would sound silly if I would only sing my conversations!
All those voice training programs recommend singing, but that does nothing for me, because I can sing very nicely with my natural voice!

•  

Jaime320

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 09:04:20 PM
That is exactly correct and why I refused voice coaching

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

I don't mind the cost. It's been very helpful in a short amount of time. Confidence is way up because of it. Besides we usually have a lot of fun during them as well.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 19, 2018, 09:04:27 PM
After working in yard today. I've realized two things. I don't wreak afterwards, and I now barely sweat. I guess I'm entering glisten territory. Main positive is the smell.
I never used to sweat a lot, and I mostly sweat on the back of my head.  What is the difference in the smell between male and female sweat?  I might never have had any male sweat, because I can go for days without deodorant (at least nobody tells me I have BO).

•  

Jaime320

Pungent musk/stinky cheese vs a sweeter grapefruit/onion smell
  •