Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 19, 2018, 09:09:05 PM
I don't mind the cost. It's been very helpful in a short amount of time. Confidence is way up because of it. Besides we usually have a lot of fun during them as well.
I don't mind the cost as my insurance would cover it if I really wanted it I just don't care what people think

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jaime320 on December 19, 2018, 10:38:43 PM
Pungent musk/stinky cheese vs a sweeter grapefruit/onion smell
I must have been sweating like a female all my life.  My sweat has, and always had, a more fruity smell, and I never had stinky feet either.
There is a lot in the standard male world to which I can't relate to!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

My feminin looking watch band for my Samsung smart watch came in, and I installed it right away.  Now my watch does not give me away anymore either.  I love bling stuff, and this one has a lot of that with fake diamonds all over it!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 19, 2018, 11:01:37 PM
My feminin looking watch band for my Samsung smart watch came in, and I installed it right away.  Now my watch does not give me away anymore either.  I love bling stuff, and this one has a lot of that with fake diamonds all over it!

I love that is so pretty and shiny

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 11:13:47 PM
I love that is so pretty and shiny

Thanks.  I think they are all little rhinestones, probably man made ones, who knows.  I hope it holds up for a while!

•  

Kendra

My father spontaneously said "your voice sounds different."  This is significant as I had VFS in March 2018 and more recently re-started with a speech therapist (found a better one than before). 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Kendra on December 20, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
My father spontaneously said "your voice sounds different." This is significant as I had VFS in March 2018 and more recently re-started with a speech therapist (found a better one than before).

@Kendra
Dear Kendra:
That is such a wonderful thing to hear coming unsolicited and unscripted from anyone but especially from your Father.
Obviously "voice" is one of the key gender clues, I am so glad that you are doing well in that department.

Thank you for sharing your good report.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

My father spontaneously said "your voice sounds different."  This is significant as I had VFS in March 2018 and more recently re-started with a speech therapist (found a better one than before).
This is great!
My voice is my main source of dysphoria, it is not the pitch, I am ok with that, but the speech pattern.
Do voice therapists work on that, or only on the pitch?  How would one identify a good one?  What do I need to look for?
What did you not like with your former therapist?
I would appreciate it very much, if you could tip me of a little!

Enjoy your new voice!
Linde

•  

MollyPants

I went to see my friends new house yesterday in full Molly mode and I got a text from her today saying she pretty much clocked me as a female :D

I actually went shopping as Molly afterwards as well. Another step forwards!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Yay!!! And you did it without a reminder from me!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

I am still surprised that I pass as a woman, but I am starting to accept that.  Today, however, I seem to have passed as a young(-ish) woman!  :o  Wow!

We were in a grocery store, just getting into the checkout line, when a woman who was having trouble with the coffee-grinding machine asked me for help.  She might have been a few years older than me, but not by much.  She couldn't read the printing on the selector knob and didn't have her glasses with her.

So I peered at the machine and confessed that I couldn't read the dial either.  I did, however, have my glasses in my purse, so I put them on, got the dial selected for her, and carried on to the checkout.  She said "Thank you, dear."  Calling a stranger dear is a lovely Nova Scotia tradition.

She wouldn't have asked a man for help, so she obviously gendered me correctly.  And she obviously assumed that I would be able to read tiny print without glasses.

Wow, gotta love HRT!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 20, 2018, 03:00:51 PM
I am still surprised that I pass as a woman, but I am starting to accept that.  Today, however, I seem to have passed as a young(-ish) woman!  :o  Wow!

We were in a grocery store, just getting into the checkout line, when a woman who was having trouble with the coffee-grinding machine asked me for help.  She might have been a few years older than me, but not by much.  She couldn't read the printing on the selector knob and didn't have her glasses with her.

So I peered at the machine and confessed that I couldn't read the dial either.  I did, however, have my glasses in my purse, so I put them on, got the dial selected for her, and carried on to the checkout.  She said "Thank you, dear."  Calling a stranger dear is a lovely Nova Scotia tradition.

She wouldn't have asked a man for help, so she obviously gendered me correctly.  And she obviously assumed that I would be able to read tiny print without glasses.

Wow, gotta love HRT!
I'm sorry and I know how some people see it but I think getting id'd is the best feeling in the world and I know it doesn't seem like much because it's probably not I'm 38 years old if I get id'd or asked if I'm old enough to buy alcohol or cigarettes I'm happy

•  

Lynne

This day had it's fair share of problems with the postal services but in the end everything turned out well.
Got enough sleep, got my insurance money, got the new cables I wanted for my computer and got all the clothes I ordered and they all fit quite well.
I think I need to stop buying clothes, running out of wardrobe space :D
  •  

Arianna Valentine

I was talking to my mother about my anger issues she fully accept that I am transgender and loves it because it pisses my dad off quite frankly and I told her about my anger issues and she said that's normal in our family and I should expect it because all the women in my family are bitches so her acknowledging in that I am her daughter not her son made me feel great

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Lynne on December 20, 2018, 03:06:10 PM
This day had it's fair share of problems with the postal services but in the end everything turned out well.
Got enough sleep, got my insurance money, got the new cables I wanted for my computer and got all the clothes I ordered and they all fit quite well.
I think I need to stop buying clothes, running out of wardrobe space :D
There is no such thing as too much clothes it is very hard to make everything match so we need a lot of clothes so we can make sure that every outfit matches LOL and don't forget shoes shoes are important to

•  

Lynne

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 20, 2018, 03:10:18 PM
There is no such thing as too much clothes it is very hard to make everything match so we need a lot of clothes so we can make sure that every outfit matches LOL and don't forget shoes shoes are important to

Oh, shoes are not forgotten, in fact I had at least 10 pair of shoes even before I first stepped outside presenting as a female almost a decade ago :D
Now I have more shoes than what I can fit in my shoe cabinet so I think I'll need to buy another shoe cabinet and wardrobe too :D
  •  

sophie1904

Approved for my L1 visa - Seattle, here I come :)

Especially satisfying as the US Government is going to gender me correctly on all paperwork - no ambiguity in any official records from their perspective :)
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: sophie1904 on December 20, 2018, 03:21:28 PM
Approved for my L1 visa - Seattle, here I come :)

Especially satisfying as the US Government is going to gender me correctly on all paperwork - no ambiguity in any official records from their perspective :)

It's nice when papers are in order, lot of uncomfortable situations can be avoided.
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Dietlind on December 20, 2018, 01:00:30 PM
This is great!
My voice is my main source of dysphoria, it is not the pitch, I am ok with that, but the speech pattern.
Do voice therapists work on that, or only on the pitch?  How would one identify a good one?  What do I need to look for?
What did you not like with your former therapist?
I would appreciate it very much, if you could tip me of a little!

Enjoy your new voice!
Linde

I'll make a more detailed post over in the Voice Therapy and Surgery board.  The quick answer is a speech therapist should help you work on all aspects of voice,  and pitch is just one component (although very important).  Some have had good results on their own but I just wasn't able to get there without help.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 19, 2018, 10:42:48 AM
Voice training time. How deep is your voice?

Well, I do know it is way too much sounding like a man.
I can do the higher falsetto ranges but it does not sound genuinely female.
I have not measured my pitch.

So I still have lots of work to do.
But, I will get there.  I hope to at least.

I will also review posts in other Voice threads and look at and listen to more videos.
I am looking at the resources mentioned in this thread.
I will continue to practice and try new practice and voice measurement ideas.

Thank you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •