Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Kendra on December 20, 2018, 03:48:59 PM
I'll make a more detailed post over in the Voice Therapy and Surgery board.  The quick answer is a speech therapist should help you work on all aspects of voice,  and pitch is just one component (although very important).  Some have had good results on their own but I just wasn't able to get there without help.
Thank you!  My natural voice is rather high pitch (low to middle range of female voice range, my singing voice is mezzo soprano), but I have this stupid male speech pattern that I seem not to be able to loose on my own.  I need some help for this!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Kendra on December 20, 2018, 03:48:59 PM
I'll make a more detailed post over in the Voice Therapy and Surgery board.  The quick answer is a speech therapist should help you work on all aspects of voice,  and pitch is just one component (although very important).  Some have had good results on their own but I just wasn't able to get there without help.

I will be sure to read Kendra's post too!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

I think estrogen is doing its job on me, at least with my emotions!  I used to b the tough guy, who never did cry (not hen my mother, father, sister or best friend died).
Reading through the following story, I just had lots of tears running, so much that I had to stop reading to dry my eyes!

Did I become a cry baby, or do you girls feel similar reading this?

Beautiful  True Story

As she stood in front of her 5th grade class on the very first day of school,
                    she told the children an untruth.

Like most teachers, she looked at her students and said that she loved
                    them all the same.

However, that was impossible, because there in the front row, slumped
                    in his seat, was a little boy named Teddy Stoddard.

Mrs. Thompson had watched Teddy the year before and noticed that he
                    did not play well with the other children, that his clothes were messy
                    and that he constantly needed a bath.

In addition, Teddy could be unpleasant.

It got to the point where Mrs. Thompson would actually take delight in
                    marking his papers with a broad red pen, making bold X's and then
                    putting a big "F" at the top of his papers.

At the school where Mrs. Thompson taught, she was required to review
                    each child's past records and she put Teddy's off until last.

However, when she reviewed his file, she was in for a surprise.

Teddy's first grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is a bright child with a ready
                    laugh. He does his work neatly and has good manners.... he is a joy
                    to be around.."

His second grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is an excellent student, well
                    liked by his classmates, but he is troubled because his mother has a
                    terminal illness and life at home must be a struggle."

His third grade teacher wrote, "His mother's death has been hard on
                    him. He tries to do his best, but his father doesn't show much interest
                    and his home life will soon affect him if some steps aren't taken."

Teddy's fourth grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is withdrawn and doesn't
                    show much interest in school. He doesn't have many friends and he
                    sometimes sleeps in class."

By now, Mrs. Thompson realized the problem and she was ashamed
                    of herself. She felt even worse when her students brought her
                    Christmas presents, wrapped in beautiful ribbons and bright paper,
                    except for Teddy's.

His present was clumsily wrapped in the heavy, brown paper that he
                    got from a grocery bag. Mrs. Thompson took pains to open it in the
                    middle of the other presents. Some of the children started to laugh
                    when she found a rhinestone bracelet with some of the stones
                    missing, and a bottle that was one-quarter full of perfume..

But she stifled the children's laughter when she exclaimed how pretty
                    the bracelet was, putting it on, and dabbing some of the perfume on
                    her wrist.

Teddy Stoddard stayed after school that day just long enough to say,
                    "Mrs. Thompson, today you smelled just like my Mom used to."
                    After the children left, she cried for at least an hour.

On that very day, she quit teaching reading, writing and arithmetic.
                    Instead, she began to teach children. Mrs. Thompson paid particular
                    attention to Teddy. As she worked with him, his mind seemed to
                    come alive.

The more she encouraged him, the faster he responded. By the end
                    of the year, Teddy had become one of the smartest children in the
                    class and, despite her lie that she would love all the children the
                    same, Teddy became one of her "teacher's pets."

A year later, she found a note under her door, from Teddy, telling 
                    her that she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole life.

Six years went by before she got another note from Teddy. He
                    then wrote that he had finished high school, third in his class, and
                    she was still the best teacher he ever had in life.

Four years after that, she got another letter, saying that while things
                    had been tough at times, he'd stayed in school, had stuck with it,
                    and would soon graduate from college with the highest of honors.
                    He assured Mrs. Thompson that she was still the best and favorite
                    teacher he had ever had in his whole life.

Then four more years passed and yet another letter came. This
                    time he explained that after he got his bachelor's degree, he
                    decided to go a little further. The letter explained that she was still
                    the best and favorite teacher he ever had. But now his name was a
                    little longer.... The letter was signed, Theodore F. Stoddard, MD.

The story does not end there. You see, there was yet another
                    letter that Spring. Teddy said he had met this girl and was going
                    to be married.

He explained that his father had died a couple of years ago and
                    he was wondering if Mrs. Thompson might agree to sit at the
                    wedding in the place that was usually reserved for the mother
                    of the groom.

Of course, Mrs. Thompson did. And guess what? She wore that
                    bracelet, the one with several rhinestones missing. Moreover,
                    she made sure she was wearing the perfume that Teddy
                    remembered his mother wearing on their last Christmas together.

They hugged each other, and Dr. Stoddard whispered in Mrs.
                    Thompson's ear, "Thank you Mrs. Thompson for believing in me.
                    Thank you so much for making me feel important and showing
                    me that I could make a difference."

Mrs. Thompson, with tears in her eyes, whispered back.
                    She said, "Teddy, you have it all wrong. You were the one who
                    taught me that I could make a difference. I didn't know how to
                    teach until I met you! ."

(For those of you who don't know, Teddy Stoddard is the Dr
                    at Iowa Methodist in Des Moines that has the Stoddard
                    Cancer Wing.)

Warm someone's heart today. . . pass this along.

Random acts of kindness, I think they call it?

•  

Sonja

put my first estrogen patch on today!! Interesting to see my estradot patches are 'made in USA' I was expecting some kind of generic local made stuff like the cyproterone (I'm in NZ)

So exciting!

Sonja.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Sonja on December 21, 2018, 03:07:28 AM
put my first estrogen patch on today!! Interesting to see my estradot patches are 'made in USA' I was expecting some kind of generic local made stuff like the cyproterone (I'm in NZ)

So exciting!

Sonja.
The reason for this could be the size of the market!  If the market is to small to support local production, it makes sense to source  stuff from the outside.  Furthermore, most, if not all patch material and skin adhesive is made by a very few US companies only (our labs developed the transdermal delivery systems), and it makes sense to finish the product in the US, and ship it to smaller markets.

Good luck with your HRT regime, and may you have better visible results than I have!

Linde

•  

Arianna Valentine

My younger brother is currently incarcerated and has been for the past four and a half years and I wrote him a month or two ago I haven't talked to him in 20 years and I just got a letter in the mail from him telling me that he loves me and accepts me wants to know about my transitioning wants pictures I was having a really really rough day but that just made my day amazing
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

My best female friend and I went to the Music Walk in Fort Myers today.  We had a good time and listened to some great music.  After this we went to Joe's Shrimp Shack , and had a delicious seafood dinner.
I was not misgendered a single time, not even by a pre-teenager girl at the next table who asked me "ma'm, would you mind if I pass through here"!

We had a good time and delicious food!
Life is good!

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on December 20, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

Beautiful  True Story

them all the same.

Hi Linde,                     21 December 2018

Loved the story, and yes I had tears running down my face. The story kind of reminded me of a little boy that was in a school run by Catholic Nuns. They had their favorites and if you weren't one of them you faced the wrath of the devil every day. That little boy was me and I hated every second I had to spend in their institutions of torture. It's amazing what a little kindness can produce. Had Mrs. Thompson ignored Teddy's plight there would be no Doctor Stoddard or a Stoddard Cancer wing. It took years to see the results from her kindness, which makes me believe those small acts are extremely important to humanity.

Thanks for the wonderful story Linde.

Wishing you, your family and friends a Blessed Christmas and New Year.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 20, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
I think estrogen is doing its job on me, at least with my emotions!  I used to b the tough guy, who never did cry (not hen my mother, father, sister or best friend died).
Reading through the following story, I just had lots of tears running, so much that I had to stop reading to dry my eyes!

Beautiful  True Story

them all the same.

Mrs. Thompson had watched Teddy the year before and noticed that he
                    did not play well with the other children, that his clothes were messy
                    and that he constantly needed a bath.

In addition, Teddy could be unpleasant.

It got to the point where Mrs. Thompson would actually take delight in
                    marking his papers with a broad red pen, making bold X's and then
                    putting a big "F" at the top of his papers.

At the school where Mrs. Thompson taught, she was required to review
                    each child's past records and she put Teddy's off until last.

However, when she reviewed his file, she was in for a surprise.

Teddy's first grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is a bright child with a ready
                    laugh. He does his work neatly and has good manners.... he is a joy
                    to be around.."

His second grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is an excellent student, well
                    liked by his classmates, but he is troubled because his mother has a
                    terminal illness and life at home must be a struggle."

His third grade teacher wrote, "His mother's death has been hard on
                    him. He tries to do his best, but his father doesn't show much interest
                    and his home life will soon affect him if some steps aren't taken."

Teddy's fourth grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is withdrawn and doesn't
                    show much interest in school. He doesn't have many friends and he
                    sometimes sleeps in class."

By now, Mrs. Thompson realized the problem and she was ashamed
                    of herself. She felt even worse when her students brought her
                    Christmas presents, wrapped in beautiful ribbons and bright paper,
                    except for Teddy's.

His present was clumsily wrapped in the heavy, brown paper that he
                    got from a grocery bag. Mrs. Thompson took pains to open it in the
                    middle of the other presents. Some of the children started to laugh
                    when she found a rhinestone bracelet with some of the stones
                    missing, and a bottle that was one-quarter full of perfume..

But she stifled the children's laughter when she exclaimed how pretty
                    the bracelet was, putting it on, and dabbing some of the perfume on
                    her wrist.

Teddy Stoddard stayed after school that day just long enough to say,
                    "Mrs. Thompson, today you smelled just like my Mom used to."
                    After the children left, she cried for at least an hour.

On that very day, she quit teaching reading, writing and arithmetic.
                    Instead, she began to teach children. Mrs. Thompson paid particular
                    attention to Teddy. As she worked with him, his mind seemed to
                    come alive.

The more she encouraged him, the faster he responded. By the end
                    of the year, Teddy had become one of the smartest children in the
                    class and, despite her lie that she would love all the children the
                    same, Teddy became one of her "teacher's pets."

A year later, she found a note under her door, from Teddy, telling 
                    her that she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole life.

Six years went by before she got another note from Teddy. He
                    then wrote that he had finished high school, third in his class, and
                    she was still the best teacher he ever had in life.

Four years after that, she got another letter, saying that while things
                    had been tough at times, he'd stayed in school, had stuck with it,
                    and would soon graduate from college with the highest of honors.
                    He assured Mrs. Thompson that she was still the best and favorite
                    teacher he had ever had in his whole life.

Then four more years passed and yet another letter came. This
                    time he explained that after he got his bachelor's degree, he
                    decided to go a little further. The letter explained that she was still
                    the best and favorite teacher he ever had. But now his name was a
                    little longer.... The letter was signed, Theodore F. Stoddard, MD.

The story does not end there. You see, there was yet another
                    letter that Spring. Teddy said he had met this girl and was going
                    to be married.

He explained that his father had died a couple of years ago and
                    he was wondering if Mrs. Thompson might agree to sit at the
                    wedding in the place that was usually reserved for the mother
                    of the groom.

Of course, Mrs. Thompson did. And guess what? She wore that
                    bracelet, the one with several rhinestones missing. Moreover,
                    she made sure she was wearing the perfume that Teddy
                    remembered his mother wearing on their last Christmas together.

They hugged each other, and Dr. Stoddard whispered in Mrs.
                    Thompson's ear, "Thank you Mrs. Thompson for believing in me.
                    Thank you so much for making me feel important and showing
                    me that I could make a difference."

Mrs. Thompson, with tears in her eyes, whispered back.
                    She said, "Teddy, you have it all wrong. You were the one who
                    taught me that I could make a difference. I didn't know how to
                    teach until I met you! ."

(For those of you who don't know, Teddy Stoddard is the Dr
                    at Iowa Methodist in Des Moines that has the Stoddard
                    Cancer Wing.)

I don't know if it's as much random acts of kindness but yes this story has me crying like a baby
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 19, 2018, 10:49:25 PM
I don't mind the cost as my insurance would cover it if I really wanted it I just don't care what people think

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

Guess I need to look into that.
  •  

Linde

Hello Christine and Arianna, I am glad to hear that I am not the only softy around here.  Like many of us, i was raised with the believe that real men don't cry, and I never cried when I was a "real" man, which I, of course never was, and thus overcompensated for my man thing.  I never cried!
It is so reliving for me that I am finally able to cry, to let my feelings out to come to the light of the day, respectively, allow my tears to run.
Being able to cry and to show my feelings openly, is for me one of he nicest experiences of being a woman!

•  

Lynne

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 07:26:03 AM
Hello Christine and Arianna, I am glad to hear that I am not the only softy around here.  Like many of us, i was raised with the believe that real men don't cry, and I never cried when I was a "real" man, which I, of course never was, and thus overcompensated for my man thing.  I never cried!
It is so reliving for me that I am finally able to cry, to let my feelings out to come to the light of the day, respectively, allow my tears to run.
Being able to cry and to show my feelings openly, is for me one of he nicest experiences of being a woman!

You are definitely not the only softy here :) I could always cry if I let myself but life thought me early that boys don't cry so I learned to control it and I usually cried at home or somewhere others didn't see or hear me. Something that I still have some problems with is letting the control go even when it would be more beneficial to just show my feelings.
  •  

Allison S

Plucking my eyebrows this morning... I would pluck more but it's already thin.  It's just so soothing
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Allison S on December 22, 2018, 08:17:22 AM
Plucking my eyebrows this morning... I would pluck more but it's already thin.  It's just so soothing
You can get one of those grooming kits to cut the length of them down to help with it. :)
  •  

Linde

Why didn't you girl just become intersex, and not worry about all that hair stuff, etc.  I don't have to plug my eyebrows, i wish I would have more of them!
As a side question, doesn't it hurt when you are plugging all those different hairs on you poor bodies?

•  

Allison S

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 22, 2018, 08:34:08 AM
You can get one of those grooming kits to cut the length of them down to help with it. :)

Thanks, yeah I trim my eyebrows with very small scissors that usually come in those kits. I just felt like I could use more of an arch to feminize my face :)

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 08:48:12 AM
Why didn't you girl just become intersex, and not worry about all that hair stuff, etc.  I don't have to plug my eyebrows, i wish I would have more of them!
As a side question, doesn't it hurt when you are plugging all those different hairs on you poor bodies?

Oh, how does someone become intersex?  I'm okay with estrogen for now, but I definitely do want an orchiectomy. If I'm not already, I'm not sure how I could choose to be intersex.  That would be cool though! Sounds nice to now have much body hair your whole life?
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 20, 2018, 03:00:51 PM
I am still surprised that I pass as a woman, but I am starting to accept that.  Today, however, I seem to have passed as a young(-ish) woman!  :o  Wow!

We were in a grocery store, just getting into the checkout line, when a woman who was having trouble with the coffee-grinding machine asked me for help.  She might have been a few years older than me, but not by much.  She couldn't read the printing on the selector knob and didn't have her glasses with her.

So I peered at the machine and confessed that I couldn't read the dial either.  I did, however, have my glasses in my purse, so I put them on, got the dial selected for her, and carried on to the checkout.  She said "Thank you, dear."  Calling a stranger dear is a lovely Nova Scotia tradition.

She wouldn't have asked a man for help, so she obviously gendered me correctly.  And she obviously assumed that I would be able to read tiny print without glasses.

Wow, gotta love HRT!
That's cool.

I get a "miss" rather than "ma'am" every now and then.

Had a similar "did I just pass" the other day.

Ordered my grandson's rather expensive
Christmas present on line with in store pick up.  Says you need the confirmation email and your ID to pick it up.  Guess I looked enough like a "Tonya" that I was not asked for my ID.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Lynne

I just picked my outfit for Christmas Eve, so glad I bought these clothes, I love them. I just need to paint my nails to match the pantyhose I selected. I wonder if my father will recognize me when he visits :D
  •