Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Lynne on December 22, 2018, 02:11:36 PM
I just picked my outfit for Christmas Eve, so glad I bought these clothes, I love them. I just need to paint my nails to match the pantyhose I selected. I wonder if my father will recognize me when he visits :D

Lynne,

I think that when your father visits you, that your father will love seeing and spending time with his daughter.  I am hopeful that this the way it will turn out for you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on December 22, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

Oh, how does someone become intersex?  I'm okay with estrogen for now, but I definitely do want an orchiectomy. If I'm not already, I'm not sure how I could choose to be intersex.  That would be cool though! Sounds nice to now have much body hair your whole life?
It is rather simple, just get born again by a mother who had hormonal problems during the first three months of pregnancy.   :P :angel:
When you are a teenager, who was assigned to be male, and don't look much like your peers, and can't do all those rough things, it stinks to be intersex.
When you are an adult and want to become MtF, it is great to be intersex, because you are already there by more than 2/3!
If you want to remain to be a guy, it still stinks to be that way!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

I am just back from a nice outing.  I went to a Meetup brunchen for LGBTQIA persons, and had a chance to mingle a little bit with others.  I was the only intersex and trans person there, but it was interesting to talk with some rather (according to their statement) radical lesbians.  They feel it is stupid to exclude trans women, because women have to stick together, no matter what their history is.  At the end the two pretty assertive lesbian women I talked with hugged me really a lot and likes  our conversation!
I felt good to be there.

After that I went some shopping and was at three different store and in two ladies rooms, and I was not misgendered the entire morning.  No problems with the bath room visits either!

My hair is a little longer now, and I can make a semi female looking hair do with it, I think that helps a lot.  And I was able to talk the entire day in my natural voice without slipping into the male pattern  that plagues me all the time!

I think I can do it for good with a little more training!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
I am just back from a nice outing.  I went to a Meetup brunchen for LGBTQIA persons, and had a chance to mingle a little bit with others.  I was the only intersex and trans person there, but it was interesting to talk with some rather (according to their statement) radical lesbians.  They feel it is stupid to exclude trans women, because women have to stick together, no matter what their history is.  At the end the two pretty assertive lesbian women I talked with hugged me really a lot and likes  our conversation!
I felt good to be there.

After that I went some shopping and was at three different store and in two ladies rooms, and I was not misgendered the entire morning.  No problems with the bath room visits either!

My hair is a little longer now, and I can make a semi female looking hair do with it, I think that helps a lot.  And I was able to talk the entire day in my natural voice without slipping into the male pattern  that plagues me all the time!

I think I can do it for good with a little more training!

Linde,

It sounds as if you had a nice time!  Great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

My oldest nephew and niece invited me over to their house for dinner a very nice pork loin that my nephew cooked and my niece said I smelled beautiful talking about the perfume that I am wearing

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 22, 2018, 06:42:45 PM
My oldest nephew and niece invited me over to their house for dinner a very nice pork loin that my nephew cooked and my niece said I smelled beautiful talking about the perfume that I am wearing

§§§§~~~~If you can't accept yourself, how can you expect others to accept you?~~~~§§§§
That sounds as if you had a really nice time with the kids!
I am missing this, I am alone here.  My son and his spouse are in Minnesota, and they don't want kids.

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 06:58:55 PM
That sounds as if you had a really nice time with the kids!
I am missing this, I am alone here.  My son and his spouse are in Minnesota, and they don't want kids.
Aww well you're always welcome to come up and spend time with my family just steer clear of my father and my youngest nephew and all will be well LOL

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 22, 2018, 07:33:05 PM
Aww well you're always welcome to come up and spend time with my family just steer clear of my father and my youngest nephew and all will be well LOL

How about you come down where it is warm.  Actually pretty cool currently.  I have become a freeze baby!  The inside my house is a 70, and I am sitting here with a sweater and a down vest on.  I refuse to turn the heat on at 70, it is supposed to warm up to the mid 80 again the net few days.  Up north I kept my house at 65 in the winter.!

And I have nobody who is not nice to trans people.  All my cis women friends are very supportive and want me to become as female as it gets.  Trans heaven here!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 08:24:28 PM
How about you come down where it is warm.  Actually pretty cool currently.  I have become a freeze baby!  The inside my house is a 70, and I am sitting here with a sweater and a down vest on.  I refuse to turn the heat on at 70, it is supposed to warm up to the mid 80 again the net few days.  Up north I kept my house at 65 in the winter.!

And I have nobody who is not nice to trans people.  All my cis women friends are very supportive and want me to become as female as it gets.  Trans heaven here!
You and me have very different ideas of cool weather for me cold is somewhere around 32 degrees you know freezing quite literally 70° it sounds like a spring day here I could walk around in a two-piece bikini in 70 degrees and be perfectly comfortable I might have to take you up on that offer to come down there LOL my place actually the temperature stays in the winter around 68 degrees

•  

Linde

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on December 22, 2018, 08:49:45 PM
You and me have very different ideas of cool weather for me cold is somewhere around 32 degrees you know freezing quite literally 70° it sounds like a spring day here I could walk around in a two-piece bikini in 70 degrees and be perfectly comfortable I might have to take you up on that offer to come down there LOL my place actually the temperature stays in the winter around 68 degrees

We got that cold spell down here, and it was only 74 today.  People were afraid that the birds may fall out of the sky frozen to death with those extremely low temps!  Everybody was running around in knit hats and warm stuff.  Each time a person with a t-shirt and shorts, and with Flipflops on, could be seen, was for sure a snowbird from up north!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 09:27:36 PM
We got that cold spell down here, and it was only 74 today.  People were afraid that the birds may fall out of the sky frozen to death with those extremely low temps!  Everybody was running around in knit hats and warm stuff.  Each time a person with a t-shirt and shorts, and with Flipflops on, could be seen, was for sure a snowbird from up north!
Yes we are used to cold weather up here we do get things like snow ice rain Frost in the morning

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Dietlind on December 22, 2018, 09:27:36 PM
95 degrees today on the thermometer and 75% humidity.  Perfect weather for a Christmas roast!

Yours sweatingly, Kirsten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KatieP

I just got back today from Buenos Aires. I spent the last couple weeks there for work. For the first time in 35 years of being a consultant, I went, and was, in female mode 24x7. I had been quite worried about my personal safety, about a woman leading a large critical project staffed by a bunch of Latin American men, and about how I would be treated as a transgender woman.

As it turned out, I needn't have worried on any count. I had co-workers with me at all times, and felt very safe. The Latin American men were desperate for my help, and treated me like the expert they had been told was coming. And, on the possible transgender issues, I don't know that I pass at all, but in more than two weeks, not one single person from LatAm mis-gendered me even one time. Every service person, hotel person, restaurant person, customer, everyone called me "madam" and "she/her." It was perhaps the most affirming two weeks of my entire life. Certainly the best two work weeks of my life. (And, perhaps I pass better than I thought. I don't know how to tell the difference between actually passing, and just really polite people. Maybe I don't care... )

Considering my initial trepidation, I am surprised to say that Argentina might be the most woman-friendly, trans-friendly country I have ever been in.

Kate
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: KatieP on December 22, 2018, 11:55:04 PM
I just got back today from Buenos Aires. I spent the last couple weeks there for work. For the first time in 35 years of being a consultant, I went, and was, in female mode 24x7. I had been quite worried about my personal safety, about a woman leading a large critical project staffed by a bunch of Latin American men, and about how I would be treated as a transgender woman.

As it turned out, I needn't have worried on any count. I had co-workers with me at all times, and felt very safe. The Latin American men were desperate for my help, and treated me like the expert they had been told was coming. And, on the possible transgender issues, I don't know that I pass at all, but in more than two weeks, not one single person from LatAm mis-gendered me even one time. Every service person, hotel person, restaurant person, customer, everyone called me "madam" and "she/her." It was perhaps the most affirming two weeks of my entire life. Certainly the best two work weeks of my life. (And, perhaps I pass better than I thought. I don't know how to tell the difference between actually passing, and just really polite people. Maybe I don't care... )

Considering my initial trepidation, I am surprised to say that Argentina might be the most woman-friendly, trans-friendly country I have ever been in.

Kate

That sounds wonderful! These times make all the hassle of transitioning worth it.

Argentina seems quite trans-friendly, from 2012 they can change gender and birth name without the approval of a doctor or a judge. HRT and GCS are provided for free as well.
  •  

Sonja

@KatieP

Hey Kate,

That sounds awesome, great to have such an affirming experience!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Sonja.
  •  

Jaime320

Learned grs and related surgeries and all options if deemed medically necessary due to gd are covered by health plan. One catch they follow older gatekeeper wpath standards. Though my hrt has been covered with no issues so far under ic. Unfortunately this gatekeeper precertification can out me to several friends and old colleagues at a former employer. Precert is done by former employer. I see this as a conflict of interest.
  •  

Michelle_P

Today I visited with my son, took him to services at our Unitarian Universalist Church, where he met the minister and some of my friends, and later went out for brunch. 

It was a nice day.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Anastasia E

Hi all! I just came out to my sister.. well, except it turns out she already knew and she has been dying to tell me how much she supports me  :D

I mean, I should probably be upset that my mother broke and told her before I got the chance (almost 6 months ago, way before I even started on hormones! I can't believe no one told me she knew. It's like a damned Sitcom, everyone knowing and no one saying a word lol), buuut I am just really happy with how wonderful she is.

She told me 'there's so many things that makes sense now', and is there anything more affirming than hearing your loved ones tell you that? I figured she'd probably be supportive, but it's still suuper hard to come out to your loved ones. Anyway, she's amazing and seems genuinely happy for me (and she's always wanted a sister, so yay!).

I love you sis. <3

•  

Jaime320

Quote from: Anastasia E on December 24, 2018, 06:33:08 AM
Hi all! I just came out to my sister.. well, except it turns out she already knew and she has been dying to tell me how much she supports me  :D

I mean, I should probably be upset that my mother broke and told her before I got the chance (almost 6 months ago, way before I even started on hormones! I can't believe no one told me she knew. It's like a damned Sitcom, everyone knowing and no one saying a word lol), buuut I am just really happy with how wonderful she is.

She told me 'there's so many things that makes sense now', and is there anything more affirming than hearing your loved ones tell you that? I figured she'd probably be supportive, but it's still suuper hard to come out to your loved ones. Anyway, she's amazing and seems genuinely happy for me (and she's always wanted a sister, so yay!).

I love you sis. <3

Yeah! So happy for you.
  •  

Lynne

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 22, 2018, 02:20:38 PM

Lynne,

I think that when your father visits you, that your father will love seeing and spending time with his daughter.  I am hopeful that this the way it will turn out for you.

Chrissy

Thank you!

I spent a lot of time preparing my nails, hair and makeup today morning and it was totally worth it, they work great together with the outfit I picked. I need to stop at the mirror every time on my way to the kitchen to check myself out, feeling fabulous :)

My father left a few hours ago and while I still cannot be sure if he thinks of me as her daughter, there wasn't any type of misgendering from him today. He's also seen with his own eyes that I pass in the eyes of others when two beggars approached us in the parking lot.

We had a great time chatting, dining and listening to music together.
  •