Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatieP

Although not today, the last day I was home (3 weeks ago), I filed the paperwork to make "Kate Ann" legal.

OK. So I still have to wait for the judge's orders to come back, and I still have about 10,000 steps to change everything, but it makes me VERY happy to think my legal name is finally "Kate Ann."

Kate
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: KatieP on January 24, 2019, 01:29:21 PM
Although not today, the last day I was home (3 weeks ago), I filed the paperwork to make "Kate Ann" legal.

OK. So I still have to wait for the judge's orders to come back, and I still have about 10,000 steps to change everything, but it makes me VERY happy to think my legal name is finally "Kate Ann."

Kate
It is a bit of a pain in the butt to change your name and all the other stuff you going to change with it but it is an amazing feeling to take the first step to being and you are truly meant to be congratulations and I don't think the wait takes that long either by the way

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

Quote from: KatieP on January 24, 2019, 01:29:21 PM

Kate
Congrats Kate Ann!
I wish I would be that far.  But for Florida (I want name and gender change), some person has first to cut a little around at my neither parts, and confirm that I am at least without balls!
I am already partially spineless, but that seems not to be enough, they want me to be balles, too!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KatieP

Quote from: Dietlind on January 24, 2019, 07:49:33 PM
Congrats Kate Ann!
I wish I would be that far.  But for Florida (I want name and gender change), some person has first to cut a little around at my neither parts, and confirm that I am at least without balls!
I am already partially spineless, but that seems not to be enough, they want me to be balles, too!

I have done everything backwards. I did all the medical stuff, then changed the gender markers on everything, and now finally, I am working on the name. Totally backwards.

Is there some reason you can't change the name, and then do the gender parts later?

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: AoifeB on January 24, 2019, 11:24:54 PM
I bought heels!

@AoifeB
It is always exciting for a girl to buy a new pair of shoes....
... are these your first high-heels that have purchased for yourself? ???...
if so, it is then "super exciting" for sure.

Thanks for sharing and posting your happy news.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

AoifeB

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 24, 2019, 11:37:21 PM
@AoifeB
It is always exciting for a girl to buy a new pair of shoes....
... are these your first high-heels that have purchased for yourself? ???...
if so, it is then "super exciting" for sure.

Thanks for sharing and posting your happy news.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

First stilettos at least. I have my wedge boots already.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AoifeB on January 24, 2019, 11:41:03 PM
First stilettos at least. I have my wedge boots already.
How high are they?  I feel mos comfortable with 2" to 3" high ones.  I walk on 2" better than on flat loafers.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

AoifeB

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: AoifeB on January 24, 2019, 11:46:40 PM
3.5-4" inches, somewhere in that range
@AoifeB
Very, very cute shoes for sure.

Thank you for treating us to the picture!!

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Ann W

I work in a hotel. Today, I started a new wig; and, instead of tying it back in a ponytail as I always do, I wore my hair down. I don't pass; but a (male) customer just blurted out, "You're beautiful." A first.  :)
  •  

AoifeB

Quote from: Ann W on January 25, 2019, 12:28:04 AM
I work in a hotel. Today, I started a new wig; and, instead of tying it back in a ponytail as I always do, I wore my hair down. I don't pass; but a (male) customer just blurted out, "You're beautiful." A first.  :)
That's awesome!
  •  

Delilah.Rhyan

So what made me smile today... my wife and I sat down and read a bunch of threads on how to hide my transition until it is my decision to reveal it.  It looks like lots of lycra sports bras and men's compression shirts but it is doable. I'm not as worried about my face.  So we can take this to my therapist on Tuesday and take the next step.  As long as I can hide this for a few years then I can start HRT, that makes me smile a great deal.  Then my wife says she has looked into cities we can move to if I can't hide it, so that makes me smile as well.  I am a happy girl right now. So I how this makes sense.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Delilah.Rhyan on January 25, 2019, 01:41:31 AMThen my wife says she has looked into cities we can move to if I can't hide it, so that makes me smile as well.

Hi Delilah,

It's awesome that your wife is onboard and supportive!

I've also been investigating US cities, and even other countries, that might be especially friendly. Could you share the list your wife has come up with?

I have other criteria besides LGBT friendliness, but my current list includes places like Seattle, Portland, Denver, San Francisco, and Austin. There are places in Canada that are interesting, including where @KathyLauren lives in Nova Scotia, but after living over 40 years in Michigan, I'm not a big fan of the climate.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 25, 2019, 01:34:29 PM
Hi Delilah,

I've also been investigating US cities, and even other countries, that might be especially friendly. Could you share the list your wife has come up with?

I have other criteria besides LGBT friendliness, but my current list includes places like Seattle, Portland, Denver, San Francisco, and Austin. There are places in Canada that are interesting, including where @KathyLauren lives in Nova Scotia, but after living over 40 years in Michigan, I'm not a big fan of the climate.

Stephanie

Michigan being out eliminates the friendly Midwest cities from your list. Chicago, Madison, and possibly Duluth.
  •  

AoifeB

So this morning a co-worker almost bumped into me at the coffee machine. She said "sorry girl", then looked a bit confused when I turned around.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 25, 2019, 01:34:29 PMThere are places in Canada that are interesting, including where @KathyLauren lives in Nova Scotia, but after living over 40 years in Michigan, I'm not a big fan of the climate.
To be fair, our coastal climate in Nova Scotia is a lot milder than the mid-continental climate in Michigan.  Though, having lived for several years on the west coast, I must say I prefer the winters out there..

But the social climate is amazing, and not at all what I expected.  If people here can't be supportive, they're accepting.  If they can't be accepting, they are polite.  And if they can't be polite, they are not welcome.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sabrina Hope

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 25, 2019, 01:34:29 PM
Hi Delilah,

Stephanie

I live Montréal city in the Québec province in Canada. I think this is a very great place. Law on Canada allow to change name and gender easily. My vaginoplasty will be covered by province health care. I fully live as a woman and I work downtown in a big computer programming company. There is the gay village that is very trans/cd friendly. Most bars dont charge cover for trans/cd... I have included pictures of St-Catherine street in the summer.

Envoyé de mon LM-Q910 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sabrina
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 25, 2019, 02:00:38 PM
To be fair, our coastal climate in Nova Scotia is a lot milder than the mid-continental climate in Michigan.  Though, having lived for several years on the west coast, I must say I prefer the winters out there..

But the social climate is amazing, and not at all what I expected.  If people here can't be supportive, they're accepting.  If they can't be accepting, they are polite.  And if they can't be polite, they are not welcome.

I was just given a full report by Tia and Debi, and it really does sound quite wonderful!

Assuming that Canada doesn't follow in America's footsteps, if for some awful reason the current US administration gets another term, you just may have new neighbors. Welcome to the 1960's.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: AoifeB on January 25, 2019, 01:52:03 PM
So this morning a co-worker almost bumped into me at the coffee machine. She said "sorry girl", then looked a bit confused when I turned around.

@AoifeB
Those types of moments are always interesting to experience.   For so that are early in their transition this can be a pleasant gendering experience, and for those further along the confused look can be disappointing.

How were you dressed?   
Because you posted this on the "What made you Happy" thread I am assuming you took it as a good experience,
... or did you feel disappointed and upset at the end with the confused look from the co-worker?

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•