Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AoifeB

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 25, 2019, 04:32:10 PM
@AoifeB
Those types of moments are always interesting to experience.   For so that are early in their transition this can be a pleasant gendering experience, and for those further along the confused look can be disappointing.

How were you dressed?   
Because you posted this on the "What made you Happy" thread I am assuming you took it as a good experience,
... or did you feel disappointed and upset at the end with the confused look from the co-worker?

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

Just jeans and a t shirt. My women's coat as well. It was cool, a lot of people at work know, but I haven't pushed for anyone to change pronouns yet. So it was nice that someone got it right when I wasn't really trying to pass.
  •  

sophie1904

I've moved to Seattle and it's so welcoming it's unbelievable - gendered correctly *every single time*, used restrooms without incident, my partner and I addressed as ladies everywhere we go.

I love it here!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The lovable people who know me that address me as Chrissy even when I am presenting as male.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

A nice afternoon with three ladies,  good cake and coffee, a lot of laughter, and some new fem information for me!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Delilah.Rhyan

So a few asked me about cities that my wife and I have looked into that are said to be friendly to trans.  I think a lot of them are pretty typical. Seattle (we have cousins who would welcome us), Philadelphia (apparently a couple great trans friendly neighborhoods and a great hospital for my wife to work at), just outside Boston on the cape there is a neighborhood that is supposed to be amazing (also my sister-in-law lives in Boston and she will probably be the first person we tell, great woman), other places we have also found a few neighborhoods, Chicago, Sante Fe, Sacramento, Portland, of these I like Chicago the most. We live in Milwaukee there are a couple neighborhoods here but it might end up being too close to home.  Although depending on who is accepting my wife thinks that with my education background there might be a job for me at the local hospitals in the gender therapy offices.  I would like that a lot after my transition, but time will tell in our case, we are trying to make as many plans as possible. 

The hard part for my is that my current job is about AODA education in schools, which is a huge passion of mine, and I'm the front man of the company and our CEO wants to start sending me out to out of state places because we have a real opportunity to spread our company and help prevent and get teenagers away from drugs, alcohol and tobacco.  So I have a real dilemma on my hands when it comes to that because I am very passionate about my job.
  •  

AoifeB

Quote from: Dietlind on January 27, 2019, 09:12:32 PM
A nice afternoon with three ladies,  good cake and coffee, a lot of laughter, and some new fem information for me!
That sounds awesome
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Delilah.Rhyan on January 27, 2019, 09:28:44 PM
So a few asked me about cities that my wife and I have looked into that are said to be friendly to trans.  I think a lot of them are pretty typical. Seattle (we have cousins who would welcome us), Philadelphia (apparently a couple great trans friendly neighborhoods and a great hospital for my wife to work at), just outside Boston on the cape there is a neighborhood that is supposed to be amazing (also my sister-in-law lives in Boston and she will probably be the first person we tell, great woman), other places we have also found a few neighborhoods, Chicago, Sante Fe, Sacramento, Portland, of these I like Chicago the most. We live in Milwaukee there are a couple neighborhoods here but it might end up being too close to home.  Although depending on who is accepting my wife thinks that with my education background there might be a job for me at the local hospitals in the gender therapy offices.  I would like that a lot after my transition, but time will tell in our case, we are trying to make as many plans as possible. 

The hard part for my is that my current job is about AODA education in schools, which is a huge passion of mine, and I'm the front man of the company and our CEO wants to start sending me out to out of state places because we have a real opportunity to spread our company and help prevent and get teenagers away from drugs, alcohol and tobacco.  So I have a real dilemma on my hands when it comes to that because I am very passionate about my job.
I wonder why you left Minneapolis out of your city selection?  It is hard to find a much more liberal environment that the Twin Cities have.  Plus the top medical facilities there and the Mayo in Rochester!

•  

Delilah.Rhyan

Quote from: Dietlind on January 27, 2019, 10:09:11 PM
I wonder why you left Minneapolis out of your city selection?  It is hard to find a much more liberal environment that the Twin Cities have.  Plus the top medical facilities there and the Mayo in Rochester!

I honestly didn't mean to, it is one of my favorite cities.  I would love to move to Minneapolis.  My list isn't perfect by any means, we are just trying to find what works for us. And it is hard because I just want to be accepted and I know as a current 6 foot male who is 230lbs and spent most of his life lifting to play sports in college... well I feel that all that time I spent running away from the woman I am may have cost me. (However, I am so ready for HRT and what it can change my body into.) I may never be passable, but talking to my my therapist I have found it is more about loving myself.  There are other cities where I may be accepted, or neighborhoods within cities and I would love to know other womens' opinions on what neighborhoods in what cities are  more accepting.
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Delilah.Rhyan on January 27, 2019, 11:46:17 PM
I honestly didn't mean to, it is one of my favorite cities.  I would love to move to Minneapolis.  My list isn't perfect by any means, we are just trying to find what works for us. And it is hard because I just want to be accepted and I know as a current 6 foot male who is 230lbs and spent most of his life lifting to play sports in college... well I feel that all that time I spent running away from the woman I am may have cost me. (However, I am so ready for HRT and what it can change my body into.) I may never be passable, but talking to my my therapist I have found it is more about loving myself.  There are other cities where I may be accepted, or neighborhoods within cities and I would love to know other womens' opinions on what neighborhoods in what cities are  more accepting.
Minnesota in general and the Cities specifically are far less liberal than they used to be, thanks to Jessie Ventura and the current crop of conservatives that have made such inroads there in the last few years. Do thorough research before you look for something there.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Linde

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 28, 2019, 12:02:34 AM
Minnesota in general and the Cities specifically are far less liberal than they used to be, thanks to Jessie Ventura and the current crop of conservatives that have made such inroads there in the last few years. Do thorough research before you look for something there.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
Are you sure about this?  I lived (until last October) for 40++ years in the Wisconsin suburb (Hudson) of the Twin Cities and worked there in medical research.  I do not think that Ventyra did change the general attitude of the people.  What is called conservative there would be considered to be radical liberals here in the south!

I think that the Cities, and specifically M-polis are still pretty liberal, and an easy place to live an alternative life style. Outstate, maily up north and south west are definitely more conservative.  But south, along the Mississippi Rochester, Redwing, Hastings, etc. is also quite liberal (my son lives in Hastings).  A few years ago, the Republicans lost their grip on St. Croix (I was one of the first batch of democratic county supervisors there), and Pierce county in Wisconsin, and they are now solidly in liberal hands, too

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Dietlind on January 28, 2019, 10:24:28 AM
Are you sure about this?  I lived (until last October) for 40++ years in the Wisconsin suburb (Hudson) of the Twin Cities and worked there in medical research.  I do not think that Ventyra did change the general attitude of the people.  What is called conservative there would be considered to be radical liberals here in the south!

I think that the Cities, and specifically M-polis are still pretty liberal, and an easy place to live an alternative life style. Outstate, maily up north and south west are definitely more conservative.  But south, along the Mississippi Rochester, Redwing, Hastings, etc. is also quite liberal (my son lives in Hastings).  A few years ago, the Republicans lost their grip on St. Croix (I was one of the first batch of democratic county supervisors there), and Pierce county in Wisconsin, and they are now solidly in liberal hands, too
Well, that's all good to hear. I lived there for several years and I have family there. I wonder if the DFL and IR are still having identity problems like they used to.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Linde

Quote from: SarahWithin on January 28, 2019, 10:29:30 AM
Well, that's all good to hear. I lived there for several years and I have family there. I wonder if the DFL and IR are still having identity problems like they used to.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
I think that the DFL found itself again after Welstone (I was one of the little ants to help with his campaign), and now Klobuchar.  It will be difficult to fill the shoes of Dayton, now that he does not want to run anymore.  His personal wealth (I think Trump is a popper compared to him) made him so very independent (similar to Kohl in Wisconsin).
IR are still trying to find another Arnie Carlson, to have a politician again, who is equally loved by the Republicans and Democrats.  Polenty was not really good for them!

•  

sarah1972

I sent a photo of myself amongst a group of 12 women to two friends. Both had to ask which of the women is me :-) Guss, I managed to fully blend in...

;D

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Dietlind on January 28, 2019, 11:05:37 AM
I think that the DFL found itself again after Welstone (I was one of the little ants to help with his campaign), and now Klobuchar.  It will be difficult to fill the shoes of Dayton, now that he does not want to run anymore.  His personal wealth (I think Trump is a popper compared to him) made him so very independent (similar to Kohl in Wisconsin).
IR are still trying to find another Arnie Carlson, to have a politician again, who is equally loved by the Republicans and Democrats.  Polenty was not really good for them!
Wellstone was wonderful. Klobouchar should do well.

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarah1972 on January 28, 2019, 12:06:50 PM
I sent a photo of myself amongst a group of 12 women to two friends. Both had to ask which of the women is me :-) Guss, I managed to fully blend in...

;D

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Way to go girl.   As we have discussed many times, blending-in and fitting-in is very important for passing reliably but also for being treated as a respectful and responsible woman.

As a self-employed full-time woman with a small business that deals with my clients financial affairs and taxes I am very careful to not stand out with over-the-top revealing clothing and appearances.   I do not shove my trans-woman status in anyone's faces...  many of my friends and clients have no idea about my past... although back last Spring I came-out openly to my entire town... (at the coffee shop and everywhere else)   and also with all of my romantic interests.

Fitting in and blending in are essential in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your success with blending in with the ladies in your group activities.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

;D

Sarah,

That was a nice result!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

sarah1972

@Alaskan Danielle - Thanks for your kind reply Danielle, I think you know which photo I am referring to.

And yes, absolutely - blending in as a woman in a lot of different settings is the ultimate goal. So far this group does not know or if they do, they never asked any questions. They are somewhat strict about admitting new members with the biggest rule being "no men allowed". It is all organized through Facebook, so they could see my past if they want to. I have no intention of advertising my history but I will also not hide it if anyone asks. So far so good. But there are more tests to come with several social gatherings coming up.

I am so incredibly happy for your successful transition Danielle, you are such a shining example of what can be accomplished.

Thanks, @ChrissyRyan for your encouraging response too.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 28, 2019, 12:15:17 PM

;D

@sarah1972
Dear Sarah:
Way to go girl.   As we have discussed many times, blending in and fitting in is very important for not only passing reliably but also for being treated as a respectful and responsible woman. 
As a self-employed full-time woman with a small business that deals with my clients financial affairs and taxes I am very careful to not stand out with over-the-top revealing clothing and appearances.   I do not shove my trans-woman status in anyone's faces...  many of my friends and clients have no idea about my past... although back last Spring I came-out openly to my entire town... (at the coffee shop and everywhere else)   and also with all of my romantic interests.

Fitting in and blending in are essential in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your success with blending in with the ladies in your group activities.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Linde

Was at the urologist today, concerning the pain I have in my testes.  He checked and said they are so atrophied that they probably will not produce much or any testosterone at all anymore.  He wants me to have a blood test done for male levels of estrogen and male levels of testosterone.  If it comes out that the little guys don't do much anymore, he says he will cut them of!  I have to go back next week.  With a little luck, I might be without balls pretty soon, and the health insurance would pay for it!
Please cross your fingers for me!

He asked why I take estrogen, and I told him because I am XXY it was decided I should take the stuff!  I went dressed as male as I was able to, to make sure he would not think that I am trans and would have them gone for this reason.  I live in the county of professional gate keepers!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Well I went for an MRI yesterday and my doctor finally got the results today for 13 years I have been having problems with my neck and spine and I finally got a doctor that is willing to listen to me and get an MRI... it turns out that I have a herniated disc that is getting worse pressing against a nerve that's been causing my migraines my back pain my arm pain neck pain so now we know what's wrong and we can go about fixing it that makes me very happy that after 13 years somebody listens to the patient and I know it's not all that bad

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on January 28, 2019, 04:25:31 PM
Well I went for an MRI yesterday and my doctor finally got the results today for 13 years I have been having problems with my neck and spine and I finally got a doctor that is willing to listen to me and get an MRI... it turns out that I have a herniated disc that is getting worse pressing against a nerve that's been causing my migraines my back pain my arm pain neck pain so now we know what's wrong and we can go about fixing it that makes me very happy that after 13 years somebody listens to the patient and I know it's not all that bad

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

I am glad you have your neck and spine problem identified.

Chrissy
  •