Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Chloe on February 12, 2019, 10:21:13 AM
       Si señora pero mucho dinero! You did solar? Knew you were SMART (lol too?) I also prefer the group 29 Marine Walmart Everstart Lead Acid specials which are good for 5 years if you don't excessively cycle them. 2 parallel banks of 4 series connected for a total of 48v DC driving an Outback 3.6kw off-grid inverter! Currently have 9 Astronergy 230w panels (2kw total) with roof space for another 1kw (3 more 335's) which will make better use of the 4kw FlexMax 80 MPPT charge controller.

It's a fully automatic system that switches between sun, grid and generator depending on what batt voltage breakpoints are set at.

The things one dreams about! Much residential solar going on in Florida? That would be the ideal JOB for me! I also play with hydrogen generators would love to use that for storage rather than "batts" and run a full-cell instead!
Living up north (way to far north), I found that photovoltaic was not that great  (not enough sun hours), but those large, media filled (Propylene Glycol) panels (I had 14 8' x 4' panels), provided enough heat energy that I had constantly 200 gallons of hot use water for my house, and in October and March I had enough surplus heat to run media through an additional A coil in my furnace to heat the entire house with solar.  My system had amortized itself after 6 years of use, and I lived in this house for a total of 12 years with the solar system!
Basically nothing is going on with solar here in Florida. Electricity is pretty cheap, and nobody needs heat, except for those cheap swimming pool systems that don't use media, but run the pool water through solar grids.

I wish I would be able to utilized my roof area, but I would not even know where to start here.  I envision that I could rent out my roof to a commercial company, and they could feed in into the grid!
But nothing, so this would be a big empty field for you.  Some 300 days of pure sun a year, with the sun standing prtty high in the sky all year around!
Start with my house!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: VickyS on February 12, 2019, 10:23:07 AM
What made me happy today... Well, I realised that I can now grab my hair by putting my arm behind my back and reaching up!  Never done that before.  ;D  It's the little things...  ;D ;D
congratulations!  I am afraid I will never be able to do this!  I have rotator cuff damage in both shoulders, I would need to have my hair down to my butt!

•  

KatieP

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 11:26:53 AM
congratulations!  I am afraid I will never be able to do this!  I have rotator cuff damage in both shoulders, I would need to have my hair down to my butt!

Soooo....

It will be an even bigger milestone for you!!!

;D

•  

Linde

Quote from: KatieP on February 12, 2019, 04:12:27 PM
Soooo....

It will be an even bigger milestone for you!!!

;D
I think that this one will never come!  Just thinking about all the work i would have to wash, dry, brush and do whatever with so much hair!  I shoot for shoulder length, I am humble and don't need more!

•  

Chloe

Quote from: VickyS on February 12, 2019, 10:23:07 AM. . . putting my arm behind my back and reaching up!  Never done that before.
Yea for you ;D been there done that . . . until cut for a job interview! Vowed NEVER MORE! Four years later am almost there again! ;) Ever try Wen shampoo? Very très cher got a post 'bout it here somewhere!

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 04:21:27 PM. . all the work . . .  to wash, dry, brush . . . whatever
Actually no trouble at all! Hakuna Matada!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Chloe on February 12, 2019, 04:30:18 PM

Actually no trouble at all! Hakuna Matada!
I also feel that old hags like I, don't look to good with hair down to their butt!

•  

Ann W

Yesterday, I went to my 2nd Weight Watchers meeting. There was only one other AMAB person in the room, a cis male. At one point, the person running the meeting referred to him as "the only man in the room." :D

Today, I went to the post office, and a man held the door for me.

Then, I went to Target and found a ring I could wear, the first I've seen!

Then, I went grocery shopping, and some older woman called me a "weirdo" behind my back. I was amused; I actually regarded it as a net positive. It affirmed I was making an impression, and that the person making the comment was more insecure about me than I was.

All in all, quite a good day.
  •  

SophiaBleu

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: SophiaBleu on February 13, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
Happy = two and a half months until GCS! :)
@SophiaBleu
Dear Sophia:
Lately it has been wonderful to see a few of your new postings on the various threads after your 2+ month absence from the forums.   
By the way, your AVATAR looks wonderful....
....  your hair and your facial appearance, and that
great big smile makes a very beautiful picture!!!

I am so very happy for you.   Please do go away for so long!!  [emoji177]
Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

SophiaBleu

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 13, 2019, 12:49:46 PM
@SophiaBleu
Dear Sophia:
Lately it has been wonderful to see a few of your new postings on the various threads after your 2+ month absence from the forums.   
By the way, your AVATAR looks wonderful....
....  your hair and your facial appearance, and that
great big smile makes a very beautiful picture!!!

I am so very happy for you.   Please do go away for so long!!  [emoji177]
Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle

Thank you so much for the compliment! It's hard for me to see much progress, but with well wishes like yours, I can keep my confidence levels on an even keel. Now, if only there were a magic pill for my voice, lol!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•  

BeingNikki

Hopefully this qualifies for the standards of this thread:
Today was the first time that I have ever put on tights. And I immediately felt really good- I can not recall ever feeling this way about clothes before. I always really hated going shopping for clothes and really didn't care about my style. My mom once told me I was the worst to go shopping with, and that was at least a fair assessment. And then, today I walked.. only a couple steps, I was honestly overwhelmed by how "right" it felt, it's really hard to put a name to the feeling. It was almost unreal how... at home? I felt. I have a bra that feels great too, but this might be different as there was no equivalent to compare the feel to. I was always very selfconscious without a shirt on. So a bra felt more like "normal" - immediately. The distance that I walked was to a mirror - and the back view actually gave me hope. This might be a little thing to those more experienced, but this tremendous emotional impact  was something I did not expect. Especially after already trying on other things before. I must rely on hope that you know what I am trying to describe. That feeling was special.

I hope everyone is doing great.
best wishes
Nikki
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: BeingNikki on February 13, 2019, 03:01:31 PM
Hopefully this qualifies for the standards of this thread:
Today was the first time that I have ever put on tights. And I immediately felt really good- I can not recall ever feeling this way about clothes before. I always really hated going shopping for clothes and really didn't care about my style. My mom once told me I was the worst to go shopping with, and that was at least a fair assessment. And then, today I walked.. only a couple steps, I was honestly overwhelmed by how "right" it felt, it's really hard to put a name to the feeling. It was almost unreal how... at home? I felt. I have a bra that feels great too, but this might be different as there was no equivalent to compare the feel to. I was always very selfconscious without a shirt on. So a bra felt more like "normal" - immediately. The distance that I walked was to a mirror - and the back view actually gave me hope. This might be a little thing to those more experienced, but this tremendous emotional impact  was something I did not expect. Especially after already trying on other things before. I must rely on hope that you know what I am trying to describe. That feeling was special.

I hope everyone is doing great.
best wishes
Nikki

@BeingNikki
Dear Nikki:
Your post is completely appropriate for this "Happy" thread.
I am very glad for you that you are finding joy in your new experience of female clothing and various female clothing styles. 

No more sloppy pants and baggy shirts for you!!!!
Thank you for sharing.

Best Wishes to you as you continue your journey.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Ann W

So, even on Weight Watchers, I've figured out how to have M&Ms without going "off-plan." Thus, I stopped into Walgreens Wednesday morning, because they always have them on sale. There was a longish line at the register; but the cashier at the cosmetics counter came up and offered to check me out.

While she was ringing me up, I casually mentioned how surprised I was at the volume of cosmetics Walgreens has for sale and that I would have to return and look them over sometime. The cashier replied by telling me that she gave free makeovers and appointments aren't necessary. I don't usually get made up to go shopping; but on this occasion I had, because I was planning on socializing later in the day. So, since she was an artist, I told her I wanted her honest opinion and asked her what she thought of my look, which I think is incredibly basic.

To my surprise, she responded, "I think you're beautiful." That's not something this old girl is accustomed to hearing, especially from someone whose business it is to know. Definitely made my day.  :D

Then, while I was doing my regular walk for exercise, I passed by a women's clothing store that was displaying a number of dresses on sale. I stopped, and there was a very cute purple pattern dress in my size -- or what used to be my size, when I was 20 lbs lighter. It was half-price, so I grabbed it, deciding to wear it on my outing. I got home, pressed for time, put it on ... and the back ripped. Silly me, I'm not an L anymore. Thank goodness, it's sweater weather. I threw on a cardigan and went out anyway. It has been so...long... since I could wear a dress in public. I've been waiting until I get back down to my proper weight range to do some serious clothes shopping, and all my other dresses are L or M (I think I may actually be able to wear an M when I get to my target weight). But I just couldn't resist. I'm really more of a dress-and-skirt girl than slacks-and-jeans; and I was surprised that the level of non-acceptance among strangers increased noticeably today. I suppose I shouldn't have been. But I consider this very much a plus experience, despite the ripped dress and the increased hostility -- because I got to wear a dress again. It was lovely.
  •  

VickyS

Quote from: Dietlind on February 12, 2019, 11:26:53 AM

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that!  :( 

Quote from: Chloe on February 12, 2019, 04:30:18 PM
       Yea for you ;D been there done that . . . until cut for a job interview! Vowed NEVER MORE! Four years later am almost there again! ;) Ever try Wen shampoo? Very très cher got a post 'bout it here somewhere!

No no no! No cutting allowed!!  4 years, that must be an impressive length now!  ;D ;D  Wen shampoo.  No, never tried it.  Will have to look it up.  Thank you.   ;D ;D ;D

Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

SophiaBleu

My wife bought me tulips!
Also, my kidney doctor said things were good and I didn't have to see him for six months.
              Gerald Massey

•  

KathyLauren

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  I just got a letter from my insurance: they have approved funding for my GRS!!!!!

The next step will be to contact Dr. Brassard's clinic to get my name into that queue.  Woo-hoo!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 15, 2019, 10:04:44 AM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  I just got a letter from my insurance: they have approved funding for my GRS!!!!!

The next step will be to contact Dr. Brassard's clinic to get my name into that queue.  Woo-hoo!

Awesome news! Most surgeons have quite a wait list, but maybe they will have a cancellation and you can get in sooner that you think!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

SarahWithin

Congratulations! I hope your waiting period zooms by.

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

steph2.0

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •