Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 15, 2019, 01:24:21 PM

Oh wow!   Congratulations Stephanie!   :)

Chrissy

Thanks Chrissy, but this one is Kathy's celebration!!

So join us in a group Squeeee for Kathy!!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 15, 2019, 01:27:58 PM
Thanks Chrissy, but this one is Kathy's celebration!!

So join us in a group Squeeee for Kathy!!

Stephanie,

Oh I misread that!   Ooops! 

KathyLauren, that is great news!   :) 

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 15, 2019, 01:36:23 PM

Stephanie,

Oh I misread that!   Ooops! 

KathyLauren, that is great news!   :) 

Chrissy

No problem Chrissy. I'll just accept your Squeee for my own GCS appointment on September 25th!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 15, 2019, 01:42:20 PM
No problem Chrissy. I'll just accept your Squeee for my own GCS appointment on September 25th!

Stephanie

September will be here quicker than we might think...   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on February 15, 2019, 01:44:35 PM

September will be here quicker than we might think...   :)

Chrissy

Seven months and ten days, but who's counting? (ME!!)

•  

Linde

Got all kinds of dates set up to make me more of a woman.  Will have my pre-op for the orchi on Monday, will have the first electrolysis of my life on Tuesday, will have my endo appointment to change meds on Thursday, and will have my orchi on Friday.  A pretty busy week for me coming up!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Dietlind on February 15, 2019, 03:21:56 PM
Got all kinds of dates set up to make me more of a woman.  Will have my pre-op for the orchi on Monday, will have the first electrolysis of my life on Tuesday, will have my endo appointment to change meds on Thursday, and will have my orchi on Friday.  A pretty busy week for me coming up!
Busy lady! [emoji846]

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 15, 2019, 10:04:44 AM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  I just got a letter from my insurance: they have approved funding for my GRS!!!!!

The next step will be to contact Dr. Brassard's clinic to get my name into that queue.  Woo-hoo!

Congratulations Kathy, I know that this is a big one for you and one that you have been worried over for some time. So, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!! away some more!

Tia Anne
  •  

islandgirl

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 15, 2019, 10:04:44 AM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!  I just got a letter from my insurance: they have approved funding for my GRS!!!!!

The next step will be to contact Dr. Brassard's clinic to get my name into that queue.  Woo-hoo!
Congratulations Kathy! Very exciting! Yes you want to get on the list as soon as possible! Look forward to hear how that process goes for you! I found the clinic staff to be very helpful. Once surgery arrived, the doctors and nurses were angels! So wonderful!
  •  

CelineK

Completed one month of Estradiol patch and Spironolactone.  Having a tough time with Spironolactone.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: CelineK on February 15, 2019, 06:10:00 PM
Completed one month of Estradiol patch and Spironolactone.  Having a tough time with Spironolactone.
@CelineK 
Dear Celine:
    Regarding troubles with Spiro, you are not alone, usually the issues you are experiencing will lessen over time but if not it would be best to check with your doctor...  every body reacts differently to HRT.

I am so very glad that you have become a member here and this is your very first posting.   I am happy to see that you found the Susan's Place Forums.

As you post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Celine!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

Congratulations on your first month on HRT! 

I hear you on the spiro!  I take it because it does what it is supposed to do, but I hate the constant dehydration, having to be always drinking water, the constant peeing, the hungover feeling every morning.

But soon, you'll probably begin seeing positive changes in your body, and that makes it all worthwhile.

[edit:] I see the lovely @Alaskan Danielle has already given you the official greeting.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@CelineK     
Oh, and another thing Celine...
Please plan to write a post and tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

I see that our lovely member @KathyLauren has just Officially Greeted you too...  we want to make you feel welcome here.!!! :)

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let everyone have their thread back so you can pursue answers to your questions.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

@CelineK

Quote from: CelineK on February 15, 2019, 06:10:00 PM

One month is a mark to celebrate!  It's a very important one, as well as each and every success you achieve in the future.

While taking spiro, make sure you stay hydrated. 
Very important that!
I also had a few dizzy spells in the beginning, scary, can't move dizzy spells.
But only a few and I actually attribute it to not staying hydrated.
Yes, you will need to pee often, but it is worth it.

And if you didn't like pickles before....you may now!

Congratulations again on your first month of hrt!

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Starting to look wild, aren't you?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KatieP

Quote from: AoifeB on February 16, 2019, 12:47:49 AM
I got a sideshave! Woohoo!

The surprising part, to me, is that you look MORE feminine with the new haircut than before. I don't know why that surprises me, but it did...

Maybe wild, but it looks GREAT!!!

Kate
  •  

AoifeB

Quote from: KatieP on February 16, 2019, 01:00:59 PM
The surprising part, to me, is that you look MORE feminine with the new haircut than before. I don't know why that surprises me, but it did...

Maybe wild, but it looks GREAT!!!

Kate
Right?! I don't know how shaving half my head did that, I just wanted to look like Tank Girl.
  •