Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MollyPants

I feel like I've made some huge progress presenting in public. I spent the whole weekend as a girl doing all kinds of things including going to a water park in a swimsuit for the first time and dancing the night away!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Past my pre op for my orchi with flying colors!

I will have my first facial electrolysis tomorrow, wonder what hurts more, the facial stuff or the orchi?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: MollyPants on February 18, 2019, 12:34:30 PM
I feel like I've made some huge progress presenting in public. I spent the whole weekend as a girl doing all kinds of things including going to a water park in a swimsuit for the first time and dancing the night away!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

How awesome to read this! The first few times are both terrifying and wonderful, and I mean that in the original sense, "full of wonder." Congratulations, and here's to many more such weekends, and to the rest of your life lived that way.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Linde

I survived my electrolysis today!  I seem to have a pretty high level of pain tolerance in my face.  The upper lip, the side next to my mouth,  and the chin was done today.  The pain was pretty bearable, nothing to write home bout as anew hobby, but pretty OK.  The technician had to finally stop because everything was to wollen up after a while.  But all the swelling and pain is gone now.
Because of my beard growth for the procedure, I decided to run around the world in guy mode the last two days, i just thought that would b more appropriate.  After the procedure, I shaved as good as I could att eh studio, and got going again.  I stopped by at Walmart to get some stuff, and at the checkout I had........... (drum roll)....... the first male fail every. 
The check out lady called me ma'am!
I don't know what did it, my longer hair, the ear pins in my ears, or my female looking watch, or my higher pitched voice or all of it together!

I have the feeling that my days as a guy are slowly coming to an end (as if the "balls" plan  to take the entire guy with them! >:-)).

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Dietlind
Dear Linde:
I really enjoyed your update and the report of your venture being out and about and experiencing your very first male-fail even though you were in guy mode!!! :o :o   Congratulations are in order....

Thank you for your "happy" report.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Dietlind on February 19, 2019, 07:56:00 PM
I survived my electrolysis today!  I seem to have a pretty high level of pain tolerance in my face.  The upper lip, the side next to my mouth,  and the chin was done today.  The pain was pretty bearable, nothing to write home bout as anew hobby, but pretty OK.  The technician had to finally stop because everything was to wollen up after a while.  But all the swelling and pain is gone now.
Because of my beard growth for the procedure, I decided to run around the world in guy mode the last two days, i just thought that would b more appropriate.  After the procedure, I shaved as good as I could att eh studio, and got going again.  I stopped by at Walmart to get some stuff, and at the checkout I had........... (drum roll)....... the first male fail every. 
The check out lady called me ma'am!
I don't know what did it, my longer hair, the ear pins in my ears, or my female looking watch, or my higher pitched voice or all of it together!

I have the feeling that my days as a guy are slowly coming to an end (as if the "balls" plan  to take the entire guy with them! >:-)).

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Emma1017

I saw this in a news feed today and I figured we would appreciate an added benefit for taking female hormones besides breasts, soft skin, hair in the right places and maybe hips and butts:

"Women make up nearly two-thirds of patients with Alzheimer's disease in the U.S., in part because they live
     longer than men. But researchers are also exploring whether menopause-related hormonal changes affect the
     disease's development.

•   Symptoms of menopause—such as night sweats, hot flashes and even memory changes—are caused by declining         
         levels of estrogen and other hormones.

•   Estrogen protects the female brain from aging and stimulates neural activity. It may also help prevent the buildup
        of clusters of proteins, or plaques, that are linked to Alzheimer's.
"

So if it is true that we have female brains then maybe a lifetime on estrogen will help prevent us from getting Alzheimer's.  I have wondered what would happen to me if I got Alzheimer's after transitioning.

I know, a little too clinical, but hey, I'll grab what I can.

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on February 18, 2019, 09:06:57 PM
Past my pre op for my orchi with flying colors!

I will have my first facial electrolysis tomorrow, wonder what hurts more, the facial stuff or the orchi?

Hi Linde,                     20 February 2019

If your orchi goes anything like mine, it'll be a breeze and actually feel better. I think you will enjoy leaving the medical facility without those two poison generators.  My guess is the facial stuff will hurt more.

Take care Linde, best of luck with your Orchi.

Best always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Just had my GCS pre-op. The surgeon said she was jealous of my hips!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

mm

Great to hear, Jessica_Rose, have someone let us know how you are doing.
  •  

Sabrina Hope

My first feminine haircut. I am done with wigs and extensions. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
Sabrina
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Sabrina Hope on February 20, 2019, 12:13:23 PM
My first feminine haircut. I am done with wigs and extensions. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Pretty!

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

jill610

Finally, slowly, starting to see a she instead of a he.

•  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on February 20, 2019, 11:04:36 AM
Hi Linde,                     20 February 2019

If your orchi goes anything like mine, it'll be a breeze and actually feel better. I think you will enjoy leaving the medical facility without those two poison generators.  My guess is the facial stuff will hurt more.

Take care Linde, best of luck with your Orchi.

Best always, Love
Christine
Thanks for the encouragement and the good wishes Christine!

I don't know whether I have a high tolerance for pain in the face, or whether it is because I am a tough German.
The electrolysis was not all that bad, and they did the stuff around my mouth, including the upper lip area.  I would not do this as a hobby, but I did not need any painkillers or anything.  At the end, they just smeared some hydrocortisone on the area to help to get the swelling down.  I did have hardly any pain either, when they did the lase thing!

If I am so good in handling pain, I could safe some money and do the orchi myself?  I have a pretty sharp paring knife, I wonder if that would do it?  It is at least good enough for cutting into my finger once in a while!

Hugs
Linde

•  

Jaime320

Got my first letter and hormone levels were good at yesterday's check.
  •  

Jaime320

•  

jill610

•  

Faith

Quote from: jill610 on February 21, 2019, 09:34:04 AM

Quote from: Jaime320 on February 21, 2019, 09:25:59 AM
Ummm where's the dude?

Thank you :)

I still see guy :(

I know this feeling. Trust others. I don't see any guy in your photos either and I'm pretty good at spotting him.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Zoey421

I talked to my Dad a few days ago. We had a great conversation. He's 88y, a psychiatrist trained in psychoanalysis, and I mean he is a true Freudian. He is really trying hard to learn more about TGism so he going to psychoanalytic journals for an academic POV. Okay, that is a start.

I suggested he read more first person accounts from TG women and pointed hin to the book, To My Trans Sisters. He went out the next day to the book store and bought the book. I haven't talked to him since to listen to his thoughts.

And, I told him about choosing a name that matches my GI and told him I had chosen Zoey Catherine, Catherine to honour my Mom who passed away 10y ago. Now he is calling Zoey or Z-C.

I wrote to him:

Choosing a name that reflects my identified gender is one step in the process and I have chosen Zoey Catherine, partly to honour Mom. I know this is weird and hard for people whom have known me my entire life. Honestly, it is new for me as well, but i am getting used to it and introduce myself to new friends as Zoey.

It meant much to me to hear you use my chosen name ... 

Know that I am happy notwithstanding the separation and divorce. I am happy that you love and support me. All of us are on a new journey, it may be a bit wild at times and we will hang on to each other as we move forward.

With much love, your daughter, Zoey.

Here is what he wrote back to me:

Hi Zoey Catherine : That today was a step forward for us was deeply felt by me as well ! This E-mail to me is special and I know that it will indeed stay that way , and I am downloading it to always reread it as a reminder .

Love is amazing. Thanks, Dad.

Hugs Zoey xoxoxo

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Zoey421 on February 21, 2019, 10:02:25 AM
I talked to my Dad a few days ago. We had a great conversation. He's 88y, a psychiatrist trained in psychoanalysis, and I mean he is a true Freudian. He is really trying hard to learn more about TGism so he going to psychoanalytic journals for an academic POV. Okay, that is a start.

I suggested he read more first person accounts from TG women and pointed hin to the book, To My Trans Sisters. He went out the next day to the book store and bought the book. I haven't talked to him since to listen to his thoughts.

And, I told him about choosing a name that matches my GI and told him I had chosen Zoey Catherine, Catherine to honour my Mom who passed away 10y ago. Now he is calling Zoey or Z-C.

I wrote to him:

Choosing a name that reflects my identified gender is one step in the process and I have chosen Zoey Catherine, partly to honour Mom. I know this is weird and hard for people whom have known me my entire life. Honestly, it is new for me as well, but i am getting used to it and introduce myself to new friends as Zoey.

It meant much to me to hear you use my chosen name ...

Know that I am happy notwithstanding the separation and divorce. I am happy that you love and support me. All of us are on a new journey, it may be a bit wild at times and we will hang on to each other as we move forward.

With much love, your daughter, Zoey.

Here is what he wrote back to me:

Hi Zoey Catherine : That today was a step forward for us was deeply felt by me as well ! This E-mail to me is special and I know that it will indeed stay that way , and I am downloading it to always reread it as a reminder .

Love is amazing. Thanks, Dad.

Hugs Zoey xoxoxo

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Okay, that induced a few happy sniffles. Congratulations, Zoey Catherine, and kudos to your dad. Love IS amazing.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Jaime320 on February 21, 2019, 09:25:59 AM
Ummm where's the dude?

Jill, I TOTALLY concur with Jaime!!! Great job.

Probably like all of us, I look for gender clues very critically every single time I look at anyone. In my professional ( ;D) opinion, you are way past the tipping point, Jill. Based on the pictures, Jill, I would have clocked you as female.

That said, I literally laughed out loud from your comment, Jaime. "Where's the dude?" HA! I can picture the little old Wendy's lady saying, "Where's the beef?" So fun.

Probably that should be our winning motto, and the indicator to move to the "Fabulous" thread...  ;D

Kate
  •