Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma-f

Linde - I just saw from your ticker that its only one day since the orchi! Just wanted to say congratulations - so happy for you!!

Em x
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: emma-f on February 23, 2019, 04:38:21 AM
I'm a barrister and when we start a legal claim for a client we create this document that has our name at the bottom. I started this claim for a client about 18 months ago and it was when I was in my former name.

So fast forward 18 months and the trial comes and Im against a guy who I've been against a good few times over the years, but not since I've transitioned. So he comes over and he's chatting about the case and eventually says "oh, by the way, I was expecting [former name] to be here, where is he" to which I respond "well, erm, this is a bit awkward, but I'm him, or he's me, or at least was" Other guy was cool, not mentioned again, but I liked how he didn't twig it was me.

Em x

This picture should be cross posted in the Looking Fabulous thread, because, ummmm, you look fabulous!!

Kate
  •  

Andie1963

Quote from: Sienna Grace on February 23, 2019, 07:18:45 AM
I don't see even the faintest semblance of male... I understand where you're at though. The demons our minds create are bizarre.

You are quite beautiful x

Very beautiful and you give me hope to become as beautiful as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Linde

Quote from: emma-f on February 23, 2019, 11:56:01 AM
Linde - I just saw from your ticker that its only one day since the orchi! Just wanted to say congratulations - so happy for you!!

Em x
Thank you!  I lost quite a bit of blood because of unpredicted bleeding, but that is over now, I am a little weak, but i hope that will be over shortly, too.  I am amazed that I have hardly any pain (I was so concerned about pain).  I have not had a pain killer the entire day, and just plan to pop one in for a good sleep!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Anne Blake

A couple of good days for me. Friday was my body's birthday with way too many years to admit to. Today is my forth birthday. Four years ago this afternoon I met me and it has been awesome!

Tia Anne
  •  

Linde

I go for the simple joys, my wound is not bleeding anymore, and I did not need any pain pill today either.  In fact, the last pill I took was last night to ensure a good night rest, and I might take one tonight again, just in case.  I good 30 of the opioid pills prescribed, and used 2 of them so far. 

Opioid epidemy anybody?

•  

Donica

Oooohhhh I'm in really big trouble now! I bought a lemon krunch pie today. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I may have to eat this one all by myself. Oooohhhhh I'm really going to pay for this one ::)
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Donica on February 26, 2019, 03:26:41 PM
Oooohhhh I'm in really big trouble now! I bought a lemon krunch pie today. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I may have to eat this one all by myself. Oooohhhhh I'm really going to pay for this one ::)
You'll hate yourself in the morning! [emoji6]

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

Lynne

I ran out of holes on my belt today. Since I started to take losing weight a little more seriously to reach my ideal weight before I start HRT, I have slowly gone down four holes(1 inch / hole) on my belt.

I reached the last one some time ago and this morning as I was getting dressed I realized that I can easily tighten my belt way past the last hole and I had to add a new hole because it just wouldn't hold my pants up.

And there is another side effect, it seems that I don't have a very manly figure when I'm not overweight, I never realized that when I was younger and thinner.

This is how my waist looks like nowadays when I'm pretending to be male at work and people in the men's restroom seem to look at me with more confusion on their faces than ever:

•  

Jenny1969

Found this great handbag on sale today!!!!!   It goes great with my suit.   

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jenny1969 on February 26, 2019, 08:43:28 PM
Found this great handbag on sale today!!!!!   It goes great with my suit.   

@Jenny1969
Dear Jenny:
Great looking handbag... it goes perfectly with your black pant and black jacket outfit that you posted a picture of on your transition thread.   :) :) :) :)

Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I discovered the Kumada coupling reaction.  It's chemoselective, enantioselective, and it even adds to alkenes without reducing them to alkanes. 

It's one of those rare moments when digging through an otherwise brain numbing book where you hear angels singing.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 26, 2019, 08:48:21 PM
I discovered the Kumada coupling reaction.  It's chemoselective, enantioselective, and it even adds to alkenes without reducing them to alkanes. 

It's one of those rare moments when digging through an otherwise brain numbing book where you hear angels singing.
Great, and what does that do for me?  Can I cook them into a nice meal?
But in reality, I mean really great!  I can remember that feeling when the eureka moment was reached!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
Is this part of your dissertation?

Hmmm, extremely cold sub zero catalytic reactions....     
....very mind numbing when it is that cold!!!!

Hugs and warm thoughts,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I wish.

Starting my dissertation isn't going to happen for another year or so.  I haven't even decided on a research group to join yet.  This is for an applications of organic reactions class, in which I have an exam tomorrow.  However the professor is on my short list of research groups to join doing hardcore organic synthesis work.  It's what I know and enjoy but there's a radiopharmaceutical group that would be really fun too another group working on atomic batteries, and then there's the one doing food analysis work. 

I'm a fat kid in a candy store but I can only pick one...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

anne_indy

I struggled with organic chemistry. P. Chem was much more fun for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

KatieP

It always makes me happy too when I couple with my Kumada. And, I NEVER reduce my alkenes to alkanes.Those C-H bonds are just too strong and I can never find enough H2...

What's a girl to do...?

;D

Kate
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: anne_indy on February 26, 2019, 09:14:43 PM
I struggled with organic chemistry. P. Chem was much more fun for me.

Not being able to pass P-chem is just one reason why I did not get my Masters in Geology...

Just one of about 10,000 reasons, actually...

Kate
  •  

anne_indy

Hmmm. I am an "earth" scientist, but not a rock head (aka geologist).

•  

Linde

I go with the simple stuff again!  Not a drop of blood was found in my underpants (the packing I still use).  No pain, just a little discomfort to report!
What is not so nice, all the ahir they shaved off for the procedure, seems to be happy to grow again, and is itching like hell, and I can't shave there!  Or is that a good sign, because I have all feeling back down there?

•