News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 4.0

Started by kaitylynn, April 14, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayna

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 10, 2019, 10:38:17 PM
A friend and I attended a "Transitioning gender" conference at CU Boulder, CO this weekend. There were several great sessions but it was also really fun to be rubbing shoulders with 900+ transgender and queer people from all areas of transition and across the full age, race, gender spectrum. We spoke different languages but shared an amazing commonality. There was so much to learn and so much that can help our brothers, sisters .... and others (come on fluid folk, give me a comfortable word that sounds better than "Others")  .... yes and me too.

Tia Anne
I'm so glad it was fun and interesting! I heard about it, but my wife and I went to the mountains for some skiing in all this wonderful snow. I'll have to try next year. Would be fun to meet so many cool men, women and special folk (lol how's that instead of "others"?).

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Linde

One of my girlfriends and I went shopping today, and I bought some really cool summer shoes with a two inch wedge heal at Penny's .  I also bought a cool green shirt with lace to be worn for the upcoming Irish dinner and dance here!

I am an absolut sucker for lace and bling.  If it would be up to me, I would cover my entire body in lace and bling stuff only!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

CynthiaAnn

Being called Ma'am on the phone by a contractor at work, simple things, simple joys

C -
  •  

Ann W

I've been putting off buying most clothes until I lose all the weight I want to lose; so, I end up in slacks and jeans most of the time.

Today, a friend gifted me a dress from her closet that she said would be perfect for me. She was right! OMG, I love it; I wore it out to lunch, to the post office, to the store ... and I'm going to wear it out tonight. It's the nicest gift anyone has given me in a long time. Whee!  :)
  •  

Aiyanna

Quote from: Ann W on March 12, 2019, 02:48:33 PM
I've been putting off buying most clothes until I lose all the weight I want to lose; so, I end up in slacks and jeans most of the time.

Today, a friend gifted me a dress from her closet that she said would be perfect for me. She was right! OMG, I love it; I wore it out to lunch, to the post office, to the store ... and I'm going to wear it out tonight. It's the nicest gift anyone has given me in a long time. Whee!  :)

That's awesome Ann  :)  Dresses are so much fun   :D
  •  

Linde

My friend did do my hair today, and after it I went to my electrolysis session and some skin stuff.  All the ladies at the skin place were ranting and raving about my hair do.  They wanted to know if my friend is a professional, and I answered, yes, she is, she is a social worker!  :angel:
They could not believe it!

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dietlind on March 12, 2019, 08:20:54 PM
My friend did do my hair today, and after it I went to my electrolysis session and some skin stuff.  All the ladies at the skin place were ranting and raving about my hair do.  They wanted to know if my friend is a professional, and I answered, yes, she is, she is a social worker!  :angel:
They could not believe it!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 12, 2019, 10:13:09 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!
Don't have one, have one when she did a similar do (my hair was still shorter) about 4 weeks ago

•  

CynthiaAnn

Hugging my soul mate before she went to work today, it makes me happy.

I am so grateful for her

Have a wonderful day all

C -
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Donating to this web site, that made me happy today

Hugs

C -
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 14, 2019, 09:56:44 AM
Donating to this web site, that made me happy today

Hugs

C -

@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cynthia:
Susan's Place is the best place I know of to meet other like-minded members and to share information, thoughts, issues, discouragements and successes.   

It is a great place to receive encouragement and to give encouragement.

Thank you for doing your part in helping to keep it going.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

WHOOHOO!!! I'm feelin happy today. I have now idea why. Well, that's not exactly true. I did get my eyebrows shaped and tinted today :D When your down and out, pamper yourself. So long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, you'll feel great.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on March 14, 2019, 06:24:35 PM
WHOOHOO!!! I'm feelin happy today. I have now idea why. Well, that's not exactly true. I did get my eyebrows shaped and tinted today :D When your down and out, pamper yourself. So long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, you'll feel great.

@Donica
Dear Donica:
Yes indeed, a trip to a beauty salon or to a spa is a great way to lift one's spirits.   Even a simple manicure does the trick for me!!! 

Thanks for sharing your happy moment.   All of us need more happy moments for sure.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Ann W

This is difficult to describe.

I'm partial to classically feminine attire; but I've put off buying dresses, for the most part, because I haven't met my weight-loss goals. When I do, I'm going to go absolutely nuts; but, until then, it's largely jeans and slacks for me.

A few days ago, a friend gifted me a dress from her closet. It's sleeveless, which I always thought would be a problem for me; but she's something of a style guru, and she knew it would be perfect for me. She was right; it is.

Over the last two days, I've been wearing it at every opportunity; and I've noticed that people respond to me differently than they did previously, even people who know me. Wearing girl's pants and tops, even having breasts, is one thing; but wearing a dress crossed a line. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm not saying this change is negative; the truth is, it's about the same as people's reaction to my simply wearing makeup and casual girl clothes -- but it's more intense, and at the same time it's more profound: deeper, more foundational. I love it. Someone I used to work for saw me in the dress yesterday, and there was a look on her face I'd never seen before -- very positive, glowing. A male cashier at the grocery store spoke to me in a friendly manner and it was completely friendly, gentle and unforced.

But all that is preface. It was while I was at the grocery store that I realized I was floating as I pushed my cart down the aisle. Not in the sense of euphoria or elation, but in the sense of peace -- I was on another level of contentment, untroubled. I hestitate to call it serenity, because it didn't feel like what I've always felt as serenity; but the word does describe where I was. I was conscious of myself, but I wasn't "self-conscious." I simply was, and I floated down the aisle.

Something wonderful happened today. I have a magic dress.  :D
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Ann W on March 14, 2019, 06:48:59 PM

That definitely qualifies for a loud and sustained "SQUEEEEE!"

Congratulations, girl. What a feeling!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Rayna

Quote from: Ann W on March 14, 2019, 06:48:59 PM
I want one of those! Congratulations. What an epiphany. I'll have to try this out for myself. Thanks for posting about this!

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                            14 March 2019

This is probably an unusual "Made Me Happy Today" for a girl, but I'm going to give it a shot. Some of you know I had a run in with a tree that jumped out in front of my 99 Blazer. That encounter kind of messed up my mode of transportation. I have a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria that was my cop car when I was a LEO. Back in 2011 I decided to park it and to drive the Blazer exclusively. That lasted until this year. The Blazer looks like S#@& and is an embarrassment to even look at. Essentially, it's a total wreck but drivable ...... weather permitting. When I got into it this morning there were puddles in the center counsel. There's no window in the passenger door, the windscreen on the passenger side has a large hole and is shattered. The outside mirror is missing as a result of that pesky tree.

After that encounter I decided to wakeup the Crown Vic and get her running again. I've spent a good bit of time fixing things that would cause her to fail a safety inspection. The last thing was the fuel pump. Fuel pumps are now inside the fuel tank. Replacing a fuel pump can be (depending upon make and model) an extremely time consuming and expensive project.

I was going to tackle this myself, which I have done several times in the past. I started to do the same for the Vic and eventually came to the conclusion that tackling this project myself would be a major mistake that could end with another disaster ...... a gasoline fire, an explosion. or turning myself into a crispy critter. Yesterday I decided that "Discretion is the better part of valor." Looking at where I am and where I want to be I decided to take Vic to someone I trusted to replace the fuel pump and filter.

I called for a tow truck to arrive at 1200 hrs CDT. They arrived a bit early and hauled Vic to the Repair shop. I stopped into the shop about an hour later to talk with the Owner. He said the car would be ready tomorrow before 1700 CDT. Seemed good to me. I went home and contacted Dena (I'm sure you know Her) and we began to Skype. About 1730 I got a call from the owner of the shop. He asked me if I'd like to come down and take Vic home. I thought he was kidding. He said she'd be ready by the time I got there.

My neighbor buddy drove me there and sure enough she was sitting outside waiting for her mom to take her home. Went in, chatted with the owner for about 20 min and then went out, opened Vic's driver door and sat down in her leather seats, inserted the key in the ignition and turned it to start. She fired up immediately, giving out that long awaited and missed roar of her engine. Just listening to her brought back memories of chases, which she never lost. She could make my adrenalin flow like the mighty Mississippi. Driving Victoria home made me Happy Today. When we got home, Dena was waiting for me on Skype and that made me even happier. Thanks Dena, I Love You.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: christinej78 on March 14, 2019, 11:45:04 PM
Hi Folks,                            14 March 2019

This is probably an unusual "Made Me Happy Today" for a girl, but I'm going to give it a shot. Some of you know I had a run in with a tree that jumped out in front of my 99 Blazer. That encounter kind of messed up my mode of transportation. I have a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria that was my cop car when I was a LEO. Back in 2011 I decided to park it and to drive the Blazer exclusively. That lasted until this year. The Blazer looks like S#@& and is an embarrassment to even look at. Essentially, it's a total wreck but drivable ...... weather permitting. When I got into it this morning there were puddles in the center counsel. There's no window in the passenger door, the windscreen on the passenger side has a large hole and is shattered. The outside mirror is missing as a result of that pesky tree.

After that encounter I decided to wakeup the Crown Vic and get her running again. I've spent a good bit of time fixing things that would cause her to fail a safety inspection. The last thing was the fuel pump. Fuel pumps are now inside the fuel tank. Replacing a fuel pump can be (depending upon make and model) an extremely time consuming and expensive project.

I was going to tackle this myself, which I have done several times in the past. I started to do the same for the Vic and eventually came to the conclusion that tackling this project myself would be a major mistake that could end with another disaster ...... a gasoline fire, an explosion. or turning myself into a crispy critter. Yesterday I decided that "Discretion is the better part of valor." Looking at where I am and where I want to be I decided to take Vic to someone I trusted to replace the fuel pump and filter.

I called for a tow truck to arrive at 1200 hrs CDT. They arrived a bit early and hauled Vic to the Repair shop. I stopped into the shop about an hour later to talk with the Owner. He said the car would be ready tomorrow before 1700 CDT. Seemed good to me. I went home and contacted Dena (I'm sure you know Her) and we began to Skype. About 1730 I got a call from the owner of the shop. He asked me if I'd like to come down and take Vic home. I thought he was kidding. He said she'd be ready by the time I got there.

My neighbor buddy drove me there and sure enough she was sitting outside waiting for her mom to take her home. Went in, chatted with the owner for about 20 min and then went out, opened Vic's driver door and sat down in her leather seats, inserted the key in the ignition and turned it to start. She fired up immediately, giving out that long awaited and missed roar of her engine. Just listening to her brought back memories of chases, which she never lost. She could make my adrenalin flow like the mighty Mississippi. Driving Victoria home made me Happy Today. When we got home, Dena was waiting for me on Skype and that made me even happier. Thanks Dena, I Love You.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Sorry to hear about your blazer. Thankfully you walked away from the accident and were still able to drive it for a while longer.

Congratulations on getting your baby back! My first car was a '85 Crown Vic. I loved that car! I was just telling my wife a few days ago how much I would love to own  another one like it! There is nothing quite like driving one of those beautiful, reliable vehicles!

Hooray for quick fixes and good friends!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Donica

I just got my FFS surgery date for June this year. Yay! I'm feeling TRANSTASTIC!!! :icon_geekdance:
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •