Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Coworkers forget I'm trans (But in a good way?)

Started by missmacyrose, April 17, 2018, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missmacyrose

So lately at work I've been getting very close to some of my female coworkers. These girls know that I'm trans,  we've discussed it and they've asked me about my transition. Apparently though, sometimes it slips their minds? In the past week I've been asked by two of them, on two separate occasions, about my period. When I get it, how it is, etc. Also, since I'm Lesbian, one of them asked me how scissoring feels XD now I'm pretty open with them, since we're close, so I don't feel the same hesitation about delving into certain details as I do with other people. I reminded them that I do not, in fact, currently have a vagina, and will never have a period. One of them laughed and said "oh my God Macy, I'm so sorry, I literally keep forgetting that. I look at you and just assume, you know?" And honestly it makes me feel really good??? Like, they see me as a woman so instinctually and automatically that they just assume I have a period, etc. etc. (Side note: I do not mean to exclude anyone who was born with a vagina, male female or otherwise, who does not in fact have a period for a myriad of reasons). It just makes me feel like I pass better than I think I do, that maybe when I look in the mirror the flaws I see are really just in my head. Has anyone else had a similar experience? How did it make you feel about your passing ability?
23 year old SoCal based Trans Lesbian
On HRT since 07/26/2017
Changed legal name and gender 09/25/2017
Full time since 01/01/2018
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: missmacyrose on April 17, 2018, 09:24:37 AM
So lately at work I've been getting very close to some of my female coworkers. These girls know that I'm trans,  we've discussed it and they've asked me about my transition. Apparently though, sometimes it slips their minds? In the past week I've been asked by two of them, on two separate occasions, about my period. When I get it, how it is, etc. Also, since I'm Lesbian, one of them asked me how scissoring feels XD now I'm pretty open with them, since we're close, so I don't feel the same hesitation about delving into certain details as I do with other people. I reminded them that I do not, in fact, currently have a vagina, and will never have a period. One of them laughed and said "oh my God Macy, I'm so sorry, I literally keep forgetting that. I look at you and just assume, you know?" And honestly it makes me feel really good??? Like, they see me as a woman so instinctually and automatically that they just assume I have a period, etc. etc. (Side note: I do not mean to exclude anyone who was born with a vagina, male female or otherwise, who does not in fact have a period for a myriad of reasons). It just makes me feel like I pass better than I think I do, that maybe when I look in the mirror the flaws I see are really just in my head. Has anyone else had a similar experience? How did it make you feel about your passing ability?

That's pretty amazing to hear, and wonderful :) Glad to hear its working out so far pretty good for you. 
  •  

Mendi

Happened to me too and it was quite baffling. I mean I haven´t told directly to anyone at work, that I´m a transwoman, but I´m quite sure everyone has understood that, as they first met me, when I had been on HRT just few months and at that time, I didn´t even bother to use make-up at work, but stll presented as female and with legal name change.

In anycase, I one day few weeks ago, went to our coffee room and there was this young woman who is just about to graduate as midwife and she has I think 3 children. We started to talk about children and I just thought, that I don´t want to hide myself anymore and I said to her, that unfortunately I don´t have any children as this body was ruined from the start and now, I certainly wont have any children in the future.

Here reply was astonishing. I´m not really sure if she was just super hyper polite, or if she actually forgot that I´m a transwoman or if she actually thinks me as a ciswoman. I don´t know but...

She replied: Has it been examined why you cannot have children? I mean it is not too late yet. You could be a mother too and give birth....
  •  

Maria77

•