Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchi scheduled next week!

Started by josie76, April 18, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josie76

Well ladies, I'll let you know later. I should be just a bit lighter in a few hours.  ;D
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Donna

Good luck and best wishes. This should be the start of another amazing step for you
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Rachel_Christina

•  

Allison S

Good luck Josie!! [emoji173]

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

josie76

Thanks everyone. It seemed pretty anti-climactic. Everyone at the surgical center called me by my legal name and he / him, but for today I didn't care. I'm pretty sure the ladies up front figured out quickly I am trans and were all super nice. The nurses were nice too but I think it took them a bit longer to figure it out. lol. Walking back the nurse asked if I needed to stop at the bathroom. When I came out with my hair up in a ponytail she looked kinda shocked. She was being real nice as they double checked all my forms and took vitals. She was happy to find I was already clean shaven down below. She said she wished all patients did that. I think she finally understood when placing heart monitor electrodes and she needed to place one on my side. She pulled my gown open enough to see down to place it and again had a look of realization when she saw my boob.  :D
They brought a shot with anti-anxiety meds to put in the IV. I said I wasn't having any anxiety. They were surprised how little worry I was having. Guess with a bilateral orchi they expect men to be feeling bad about getting them cut out. Little did they know lol. So they did do general anesthesia. After they started the IV I took a nap for like another hour before they came and woke me up to take me to the OR. The urologist had said it was like a 20 min procedure. After I went to sleep on the table I woke up sometime later, perhaps another hour in a recovery room with my wife sitting by me and a different nurse. Today's anesthesia meds wear off so easy. Once you wake up you come to it doesn't take very long and you are fully awake. The nurse offered me something to drink. I had a couple of cups of coffee before getting dressed to leave.
Overall very little pain or swelling so far. I think having had a vasectomy long ago makes the cord healing issue non existant so hopefully things heal quickly.
As a surgical procedure goes, it was no big deal at all.  8)

I'm happy as can be right now.  :D

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Rachel_Christina

That's really great it went so well. You sound so chill, go you.
I'd be bricking it,even if I do want rid of em D:

•  

Allison S

Nice!! Glad it all sent smoothly

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Donna

Excellent news and glad you are feeling good about it all.
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Devlyn

Congratulations! We made you an ice cream sundae......with no nuts!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Donna

😂😂😂😂😂 too funny Devlyn.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

Congratulations !   I'm glad this went so smoothly for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

josie76

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on April 26, 2018, 03:34:59 PM
That's really great it went so well. You sound so chill, go you.
I'd be bricking it,even if I do want rid of em D:

Rachel it's really not that bad. Right now I'm sitting in a recliner just watching movies on Netflix. I am taking a pain med, tylanol with hydrocodone, but the pain is just around the incision. I think having the cords cut in the past is a help. I remember with the vasectomy that the ends of the cords that were stitched and burnt formed hard scar tissue inside for a while. The swelling is no bigger than before they were cut out. So far so good.

Dylvan, you are too funny!  :D

For me the thought of never having to even think about T in my body again makes me so happy!

Thanks everyone.

•  

Rachel_Christina

Well atleast it's a little inspiring for someone like me who is a real nervous reckon with things like this, to hear your story and how it went down

•  

josie76

Recovery update:

I have not taken any pain meds since 8:00 last night. I feel only a minor irritation from the incision and stitches. A bit more if I bump the bandage. I won't be crossing my legs for a few days.  :D I keep reminding myself not to, the hard way. lol.

I can say for certain that recovery from the vasectomy years ago was much worse. There was a great deal of swelling in the testes themselves back then. It took several days of frozen vegetables used as ice packs for that to go away. Way better recovery this time for certain.  ;)

•  

Chris8080

That's great news Josie, I'm really happy for you. Yep, the meds they use these days to knock you out are far better than just a few years ago. Wake up feeling fine, no groggy or anything, what's not to love? I hope your recovery continues as much of a non issue as mine was. Keep us posted, curious minds want to know.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Congratulations Josie!  I'm glad to hear it went well. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

josie76

I moved around too much today. A little more swelling and a bit of pain extending up the inguinal canal a bit. Taking a prescription pain pill tonight. Didn't take one all day until now. 

•  

Rachel_Christina

I'd say you still have to take it chill alright, think it feels all fine and dandy and you want to go wandering,but probably best staying pretty stationary. I wouldn't risk it too much now

•