Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchi scheduled next week!

Started by josie76, April 18, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josie76

I found a doctor who is going to do an orchiectomy for me! Best part is he is doing it based on my recurring testicular pain and so can make my insurance cover it. I've had on again, off again, testicular pains for some years. It spiked bad last year and I saw another urologist with whom I discussed the orchiectomy. That doctor was all for doing it but she said pain wasn't enough of a reason. She would have done it as self pay but I didn't have the cash available. She gave me a older tricyclic antidepressant (amitriptyline) for the pains. It helped make them not so crippling but did not make them go away.
Fortunately today I had my history with me. CD's with sonograms done last year and several years before showing nothing wrong to cause the pains. With that this doctor was willing to do the orchi. His medical reasoning, multiple years of bilateral phantom pains, sonograms with no cause found, previous medication unable to remove pains.

This way there is no gender dysphoria or transgender billing codes involved. He left the exam room to discuss with his office manager about precertification. I was just starting to believe this was actually going to happen when the nurse came in and told me unless something happens that it is scheduled for next week Thursday. I started to cry. The nurse and I talked for like another 20 minutes.

I am still not sure this is really going to happen. So looking forward to being done with those things.  :D
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Devlyn

Big hug! Congratulations, girl! Keep us posted. :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Doreen

This is wonderful news :) As I stated on another post.  I hope things go smoothly without any insurance 'bumps' involved!   It helps to come armed with medical knowledge, though sometimes that is enough to annoy the doc too.  Second opinions are always an option thank goodness.
  •  

Kendra

Wow Josie!  I am so excited for you.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Chris8080

That is really great news and congratulations on finding a Urologist with a bit of understanding and caring. That's something I couldn't find and I saw several in two different states. My evil twins were horribly painful and miserable for 10 years, so much so I couldn't even sleep. The last Urologist I saw about the pain came into the exam room, sat down and asked what I was there for. I said a lot of pain in my testicles. He stood up, said I don't have time for this sh*t and walked out the door. He also charged my insurance over $200 for that.

I finally got'er did though after a year of counselors, three letters and two strong recommendations from my MD. The Surgeon that finally did the orchi had told me that pain was not a reason to remove them. He said if someone has a painful back you don't remove their spine. I said if you remove someone's spine what you have made is a bowl of jello. If you remove my testicles what you have made is one very happy camper. That didn't impress him though, still took three letters and nearly a year.
  •  

josie76

Quote from: Chris8080 on April 19, 2018, 08:38:19 AM
That is really great news and congratulations on finding a Urologist with a bit of understanding and caring. That's something I couldn't find and I saw several in two different states. My evil twins were horribly painful and miserable for 10 years, so much so I couldn't even sleep. The last Urologist I saw about the pain came into the exam room, sat down and asked what I was there for. I said a lot of pain in my testicles. He stood up, said I don't have time for this sh*t and walked out the door. He also charged my insurance over $200 for that.

I finally got'er did though after a year of counselors, three letters and two strong recommendations from my MD. The Surgeon that finally did the orchi had told me that pain was not a reason to remove them. He said if someone has a painful back you don't remove their spine. I said if you remove someone's spine what you have made is a bowl of jello. If you remove my testicles what you have made is one very happy camper. That didn't impress him though, still took three letters and nearly a year.

Geez that is awefull! I found 2 urologists in St. Louis who would do it based on one letter per WPATH. My issue was self pay costs. One used the OR in a major hospital and the hospitals best guess was $15k for the OR itself. One uses a surgery center and the total would have been a bit more than $3k. She also told me pain was not a medically necessary reason. She prescribed me the amitriptyline to reduce the pain. This doctor said with my previous history, since I was on hormone therapy under an endocrinologist, and also that shrinkage was extreme, that he could justify medical neccesity. He was a very direct and professional doc.

Thanks everyone. I'm just hoping nothing pops up insurance wise. Fingers crossed.

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Donna

Congrats on the orchi. Great to not have to fight for what you need.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

josie76

My insurance came through for certain. I got the call for the surgical center telling me what time I need to be there. Its actually going to happen!  :D

•  

Charlie Nicki

Congrats! Welcome to the no balls club :D
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

josie76

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: josie76 on April 24, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
I'll be a full member soon.  ;D

No, an empty member with full benefits!  ;D :laugh: :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: josie76 on April 24, 2018, 03:28:12 PM
My insurance came through for certain. I got the call for the surgical center telling me what time I need to be there. Its actually going to happen!  :D

What date did they set up. Really happy for you, hoping it will go as smooth for you as it did for me. I had for all practical purposes no recovery time at all. Walked out of the hospital a couple of hours after surgery feeling wonderful. No pain, no bleeding, not enough swelling or bruising to bother mentioning.

If there is a downside to the orchi for me it's that I was expecting huge wonderful feelings being rid of the evil twins. Truth is though that for me it is so natural, so normal that it never enters my mind and if it does it's nothing more than the pain is gone. If it weren't for the pain they caused it would be difficult to remember that they were there.
  •  

josie76

Chris8080, I am scheduled tomorrow morning!
From what this urologist said it will take about 20 min. Also sounded like he maybe uses local anesteisia instead of general. Not sure about that though. I had a vasectomy years ago that was done with local and in a urologist's office. Should make the removal simpler I think.

•  

Donna

I'm hoping to have the choice of local as well. I want to see those nasty things hit the tray and I'm sort of curious as well to see the size of the cyst by then.
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Donna on April 25, 2018, 10:22:21 AM
I'm hoping to have the choice of local as well. I want to see those nasty things hit the tray and I'm sort of curious as well to see the size of the cyst by then.

I chose general. I did NOT want to be awake for any of it.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

That's great news, I'm pondering an Orchie, it's only fear that keeps me back.
Not even in the physical part of it, but the mental side of it and the fatigue you can have if you have two low a T level. I have felt so good throughout my transition I don't wanna throw it out of whack. I never got depressed or had mood swings, none of it.

I'm hoping it might help my boobs grow abit.
Also want to talk to the doctor about what he thinks about Progesterone, and my tiny nothings D:

•  

Chris8080

Quote from: josie76 on April 25, 2018, 07:23:04 AM
Chris8080, I am scheduled tomorrow morning!

Wow, quick for sure. Wish I could say that. For me it was a couple of months from getting the surgery date to having the surgery and the wait and anticipation was painfully horrible.

I opted for a local too, I really wanted to hear the goings on. A local was fine with the surgeon but when they were about to wheel me into the operating room the doc that doesn't get paid unless he puts you under walks into the room and the local was no longer an option. Oh well they're gone and that's the important thing.
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on April 25, 2018, 01:48:02 PM
Also want to talk to the doctor about what he thinks about Progesterone, and my tiny nothings D:

I would be very interested in what your doctor says about progesterone and nipple growth and nipple sensation. I've been on HRT twice, the first time for 6 months back in the early 90's. I had read an article on progesterone and nipples and so started on both estrogen and progesterone at the same time. The second time on HRT started early 2017 and I told my doctor about that article and that I had been on progesterone, she wrote a prescription for both and have been on both ever since.

If there is anything to nipple growth and progesterone I can't really say. My own experience is that before HRT I had nothing for nipples other than small color spots, and I mean nothing. Today I'm not at all displeased with them and their progress but was it the progesterone, the estradiol or a combination of both? I'd really like to hear what your doctor says about this.

Ok, I confess, a little longer would be nice. Geez, just never satisfied huh?
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on April 25, 2018, 01:38:02 PM
I chose general. I did NOT want to be awake for any of it.

I had my carpel tunnels done with a local and an IV block. It was simple and I got up and walked out to the car and drove home.
I've had several bladder neck rescissions done with just local as well.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Chris8080 on April 25, 2018, 08:30:24 PM
I would be very interested in what your doctor says about progesterone and nipple growth and nipple sensation. I've been on HRT twice, the first time for 6 months back in the early 90's. I had read an article on progesterone and nipples and so started on both estrogen and progesterone at the same time. The second time on HRT started early 2017 and I told my doctor about that article and that I had been on progesterone, she wrote a prescription for both and have been on both ever since.
If there is anything to nipple growth and progesterone I can't really say. My own experience is that before HRT I had nothing for nipples other than small color spots, and I mean nothing. Today I'm not at all displeased with them and their progress but was it the progesterone, the estradiol or a combination of both? I'd really like to hear what your doctor says about this.

Ok, I confess, a little longer would be nice. Geez, just never satisfied huh?

Ha Jeez I'd say he will just dodge me and avoid the convo. But I'm gonna push hard. I need to try everything to maximize my boobs before I give up on em.
Orchie could be a big advantage to breast growth too. I will mention it too

•