Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Not losing pounds but dropping sizes?

Started by Shambles, April 22, 2018, 11:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

So my weight loss has seamed to stop atm at 17 stone / 238lb down 50lb in 6 months. For the last month ive not lost any weight but it feels like its still being lost. Ive dropped a t shirt size in that time for instance so its not just in my head.

Is this normal? Is my body just adjusting? The weight wont budge on the scales
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

MaryT

There isn't much data in your OP.   Building muscle in, e.g., your legs could cause you to stay the same weight even if your torso became slimmer.  Also, muscle is denser than fat.
  •  

gg

Quote from: Shambles on April 22, 2018, 11:03:45 AM
So my weight loss has seamed to stop atm at 17 stone / 238lb down 50lb in 6 months. For the last month ive not lost any weight but it feels like its still being lost. Ive dropped a t shirt size in that time for instance so its not just in my head.

Is this normal? Is my body just adjusting? The weight wont budge on the scales

That's been my experience too. I went from about 165 to hovering around 150, so not a large amount. I've been stuck around 150 forever and I still got smaller. Same thing with dropping a shirt size.

I was thinking that a couple pounds went to my breasts, which are 36d in size. My back and shoulders really shrunk down, and my thighs filled out a little bit...   like 2 inches, so that's some too.

"life it what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"
-John Lennon
  •  

gg

You look great, by the way. Very pretty!

<3

-John Lennon
  •  

Dani

Shambles,

We are about the same weight and even though I have been dieting like crazy, I seem to be stuck at 240 pounds. The weight has decreased from my waist and upper body and increased on my hips and thighs.

I am just going to watch my diet a little closer and increase my aerobic exercise. Hopefully that will get me headed in the right direction.
  •  

Gertrude

If you're on hormones, fat will redistribute. That said, plateaus happen. I've been doing Keto since June 19 and every 25lbs I lose  I recalculate my macros using a Keto calculator. The calories needed go down given the same activity levels when losing weight. Down 122lbs so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

gg

Quote from: Gertrude on April 23, 2018, 12:47:51 PM
If you're on hormones, fat will redistribute. That said, plateaus happen. I've been doing Keto since June 19 and every 25lbs I lose  I recalculate my macros using a Keto calculator. The calories needed go down given the same activity levels when losing weight. Down 122lbs so far.

That's amazing! Great job.

:)
-John Lennon
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: gg on April 23, 2018, 11:58:42 PM
That's amazing! Great job.

:)
Down 166 now.

•  

NatalieRene

I'm down to 221.3 from 235.7 in the last 30 days. I didn't cut my carbs to the bone but I reduced them and upped my protein intake. The big thing was eliminating sugar (as much as possible because in all sorts of things you wouldn't expect so possibly some has slipped by me), pop, junk food and all snacks except for a small bowl of fruit in between meals once a day or an Apple/orange.

I couldn't maintain a keto diet. This is something I can simply make the new way I eat indefinitely as I can still have reasonable portion sizes of any lunch and dinner I want. I determine portion size by eating until I feel full and eating slower.

I have found that most restaurants are serving two meals as one so I have gotten in the habit of asking for a to go box as soon as Inhave the foot and putting half of the food in the to go box before I even start eating.

I also mixed back in my older walking habits which help me burn an additional 750 to 1000 calories a day.
  •