Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I Love My Permanent Makeup

Started by Roberta W, April 24, 2018, 10:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberta W

Earlier this year I went for permanent eyeliner (top and bottom) and eyebrow makeup ... And I really love it.  It's so nice not to have anything smear when I get an itch in my eye!  It looks nice, and I've received a lot of compliments about it.  Now I've made an appointment for permanent lip liner and lip color makeup too ... It will be nice not to have my lipstick be gone the minute I take a drink of water eat a cookie!  The lip color will be a base light red, so other colors of lilpstick (or a darker red) can always be applied for those "special occasions".  Meanwhile, I'm anxious to take this next step.
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

Kendra

I'm glad you had a good experience with this so far - something I am also considering.  I have been looking carefully at local Yelp reviews.

As time goes on and HRT has more impact I'm finding myself applying less makeup, and what's left could potentially be handled with permanent makeup.  I don't mind applying makeup but it would be good to no longer worry about raccoon eyes.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Roberta W

You look great in your photo ... I'll have to change my photo that shows my face better, closer-up ...
  •  

Charlie Nicki

This seems like a good option for eyeliner!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Roberta W

I changed my photo so that at least my eyeliner & eyebrows are visible (permanent makeup) ...
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Roberta W

Thanks ... Too bad I can make it bigger so the makeup shows better.
  •  

Roberta W

Congratulations Kendra for "surviving" the GCS earlier this year!  What a relief, right?
  •  

HappyMoni

Roberta,
   How permanent is permanent? Do you feel comfortable saying the cost? What type of place did the procedure? Your picture looks great.
Monica
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Megan.

It's not semi-permanent,  but I get my lashes and brows tinted every 5/6 weeks, it saves me time in the mornings and also the risk of panda eyes!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Roberta W

Hi HappyMoni!  Thanks for the reply.  I'm glad you like my photo!  How permanent is permanent?  Well, first I went for micro-blading of my brows, and it didn't last long enough to suit me ... Maybe about 4-6 months.  So after two "touch-ups", I went for what they call "permanent makeup" of the brows, like a tattoo almost.  That is supposed to last longer ... 6 - 8 months before it fades a bit.  I guess it's a tattoo, but not as deep as a regular tattoo.  The cost of the permanent eyebrows was $300 including one free "touch-up" after about 30 days.  Mine was done at a "medi-spa", but they also do that at several high-end beauty salons.  The eye-liner, on the other hand, is supposed to be good for life.  She said I may want to get that touched-up after 8-10 years, but it won't fade like the brows.  I did both upper and lower eyeliners ... Again the price of $300 included one free touch-up after about 30 days.

The brows sting just a bit, but not bad.  The eyeliner is more painful.  They do use a numbing cream to make it tolerable, but the hard part is holding your eyes open when she says "look this way", "look that way" as she works and your eyes are twitching trying to close all the time.  Painful, but tolerable.  This was done at a medi-spa.  I'm not sure if salons offer the eyeliner or not ... It probably depends on what the rules are where you live.

Don't worry, you won't offend me in any way.  I'm wide open to share any and all information about the journey we're on.  For me it's been a long time, but "still working on it", as we always will be.

Now that I'm rid of the inconvenience of smeared eye makeup because of an itch in my eye, the lipstick thing becomes the obvious inconvenience ... Always ending up on my glass when I drink, or on my food when I eat ... I saw a tidbit one day that said "the average woman eats 2 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime".  Yuk.  So off I go in another week or so for permanent lip liner and lip color makeup.  It will be nice not to have to mess with lipstick, unless I want to accentuate the color over the permanent for a special occasion ... Stay tuned on that one.  That's also going to be done at my local medi-spa for another $300.  So all together I'm going to be out almost $1K for everything, but then I'm not spending money on makeup at the drug store any more either!

Please, please let me know if there are any other questions in any other areas I might be able to answer.

Hugs!  Roberta
  •  

HappyMoni

Thank you Roberta for sharing this information. I never pictured it done with the eyes open. I might need to be in la la land to do this. I did laser eye surgery and they gave me a Valium. Didn't care what they did then.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Roberta W

Right.  Permanent eyeliner was done with the eyes open.  Right now I'm wondering how the lip liner & lip color is going to feel ... She says they'll use numbing cream ... But I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!
  •  

Julie -2010

I think eye liner would be great not having to put it on and take it off all the time.  I'm not sure about the brows.  Your photo looks great and I'm so glad you are happy with the results.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Roberta W

Thanks Julie!  You look great in your photo ... Too bad we can't enlarge them to see them better here!
  •  

Kendra

You can post photos separately with file hosting, and those can be higher resolution.  Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.  I found the first few tries uploading photo links difficult but then it gets easier. 

Quote from: Roberto on April 29, 2018, 03:08:18 PM
Congratulations Kendra for "surviving" the GCS earlier this year!  What a relief, right?

Yes - so glad I had this done. 
  •  

Roberta W

Yes, I think we're all glad when we have that done.  My GP doctor is a TG woman, and every time she sees me she calls me a "pioneer" ... Because for me it was done in 1986.  Haven't regretted it for one minute in 32 years!
  •  

Roberta W

Sorry ... Let's keep this thread on target ... The subject is makeup.  I'll post again here when I get my permanent lip liner & lip color makeup done next week ...
  •  

judithlynn

Hi like Megan, I have my eye lashes tinted Blue Black every 8 weeks and my brows shaped and tinted every 10 weeks. I just had mine done at my TG friendly beauty therapists in Sidmouth . I also just had the semi permanent lashes added. They last about 3 months, but give me really great looking lashes, which then I can just add a light amount of Dior Show Mascara to reall highlight my eyes.
JudithLynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

Mendi

I tried this also before christmas, or it was semi-permanent (thankfully).

Got a horrible allergic reaction, which got my eye lids swollen and red. The worst part was my eyebrows, which also swell and developed large blisters, which oozed cellular liquid...and finally turned into bright red. Just in time for Christmas, I was a sexy looking elf, with red eyebrows  ;D

I was really worried, that all of my eyebrows will drop off, because I definitely lost part of the hair due to the blisters.

I wont be trying that again  :)
  •