Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Back on HRT, less cramping.

Started by Doreen, April 26, 2018, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doreen

So before I stopped HRT for a month the cramping was a constant thing.. lower abdomen, feels like a rag wrung out constantly.
I went off HRT for over a month (per my endo's instructions for a blood test), and the cramping got worse, constantly daily misery.

The results of the blood test finally came back..On the negative side, I'm not producing hormones anymore, after the results of the blood test came back.  I am 44, so that's not a terribly big surprise, just kind of sad.  However restarting HRT, the constant hourly barrage of cramps diminished?  As in I didn't even wake up last 3 days with bad abdominal pain.

I know its responding to hormones, just not exactly sure why.  I do kinda wonder if anyone out there has similar experiences.  I know T can decrease cramps for f2m's.  I just really really don't understand the biology behind it.  Theoretically on progesterone it protects the inner lining of the uterus, and it can stop periods (thus used in birth control).  But reading up on it, it can actually cause MORE cramping too.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/fertility-treatments/topic/constant-cramps-progesterone-period-pregnancy.html

My back was hurting alot, and it felt like something was poking/kicking me in my abdomen.  At this point I don't even know if they'd be willing to redo the ultrasound or MRI.. I asked.  Perhaps someone here has suggestion or advice.  The only thing that's helped was Pamprin.  I'm just glad its 'rumbling' is the best way I can describe it.. not actively paining me.
  •  

josie76

I don't understand how they don't offer you a historectomy to remove your partial uterus. Obviously from that CT you posted here that there is an organ in there. If it causes pain for so long some doctor should be able to offer you an option to improve your daily living.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Doreen

Quote from: josie76 on April 26, 2018, 03:33:08 PM
I don't understand how they don't offer you a historectomy to remove your partial uterus. Obviously from that CT you posted here that there is an organ in there. If it causes pain for so long some doctor should be able to offer you an option to improve your daily living.

They still haven't adequately identified the organ.  That would probably solve matters, though at this point I'm fairly happy its not constantly hurting.  I know with swyers that the uterus can grow and develop into a 'normal' uterus.  I'm hoping that's what the pain is all about.  Again though, the only way to find out is another MRI which they're apparently reluctant to do.  It doesn't make sense to me either... you'd think they'd be concerned about cancer or a malignant growth. 

If progesterone is solving the issue.. then I'll stay on it.  As it is my previous endo encouraged me to stay on progesterone as they give that to women on HRT with an intact uterus, keeps you from developing endometriosis. 

I had a plethora of blood tests drawn from me on April 16, but apparently they didn't get a right tube so I need to stop by the geneticist tomorrow for MORE blood to be taken.  Fun fun.  Then its a lovely 2-3 month wait for the results to come back.  And there is no guarantee they find anything genetically.. after all it could easily have been in utero hormones from my mother causing my biology to develop as it did... Oh well.  Apparently Swyers has a 40% success rate in determining its genetic origin.   That means 60% of those with FULL Swyers don't have an identifiable genetic cause.  Throw in mixed gonadal dysgenesis, the success rate is much lower.
  •  

josie76

It does seem strange that they don't seem concerned about a growth. If they know its a partial uterine organ then why not say so. I hope they find some answers for you.

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Doreen

Quote from: josie76 on April 26, 2018, 09:07:09 PM
It does seem strange that they don't seem concerned about a growth. If they know its a partial uterine organ then why not say so. I hope they find some answers for you.

Some day the answers will reveal themselves.  For now I just have the abdominal reminder daily things are 'different'.   It has diminished on HRT thank the gods.  I don't trust it though.. they've been around a very long time. It seems to increase later in the evening.  I sent all my latest labs to the endo.  Basically it reads me as a woman in menopause. Or just post op... possible it was only that.  A very very remote possibility, but I've never disregarded it.

Far too many physical attributes I possess can't be explained by that. Doesn't mean the docs know though.  I'll just wait 3 months..UGH.
  •  

Doreen

3 days does not a trend make.. should've waited longer. HRT diminished them for 2 days, now they're back.

They're not causing me to double over, but they are present this morning from the moment I woke up. Yay me.

It causes radiating pain to my back too which makes it even worse.  I was kind of hoping HRT would cause it
to go away. I did message my endo asking if maybe it could be scar tissue or even endometriosis (it can happen).  We'll see, no response yet. 

Frustrating.. I don't like pain, and that's all I seem to live with these days.  This barrel of monkeys isn't what its cracked up to be.
  •  

josie76

I'm sorry you are still having those pains Doreen.

•