Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hello out there am I the only member in the UP

Started by Tatiana 79, April 30, 2018, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamelatransuk

Quote from: MichelleF82 on September 12, 2018, 03:07:02 PM
Be prepared for Yoopers to laugh if you pronounce pasty with a long 'a' sound. As innocent as our country side seems, everybody know those are what you put on nipples. I was born here and I have slipped up a few times, lol.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 12, 2018, 03:23:26 PM
And as you correctly pointed out, a Pasty pronounced with a long-A as in the word "hasty" is a much different thing.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and well wishes
Danielle

Hello Michelle and Hello again Danielle

Extraordinary the English language isn't it and the different pronunciations:

I think there are 3 in fact here: pasty (short a) which you eat, pasty (long a) for nipples and pasty (long a) as an adjective perhaps for someone's complexion.

But on the more important matter, I hope Michelle you meet up with my dear friend Tatiana. She is a wonderful lady and we have found we have much in common despite our different geographical locations. She is wonderful company online and I am sure she is in person.

Hugs to you both and to Tatiana.

Pamela

•  

Tatiana 79

Hello Andi
I am very pleased to make your acquaintance, dear. And no worries at all about not being out here much,
You know the high state of urgency, with all the hustle and bustle going on, and the horrible rush hour traffic us yooopers have. lol
I just had to renew my license plate tab and when I went to the Michigan Secretary of State at  L'anse
It was just horrible it probably took as long as 4 minutes to get in and out of there, when I went in there I didn't even know if anyone was home because I was the only one in there and had to yell for someone. There wasn't even one of those numbered tape rolls to pull a ticket off of. lol  sorry to all of the urban dwellers from the big city, I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and remember how incredibly bad it was to go there for anything it would take hours and sometimes the line would stretch outside into the street.

But anyways, I see your on the South Shore of gitche gumee. I'm about 50 miles outside of Marquette, in the middle of nowhere, and I'm glad you showed up because now between you, me and Michelle that makes three of us in da UP

And to Pamela
Thank you very much dearest for your English lesson and I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming holiday

Happiness and love to both of you, Tatiana
  •  

MichelleF82

Was out at Pride all day. First Pride event, first drag show, and longest i've been 'out' in public! Had a great time!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@MichelleF82
Dear Michelle:
A wonderful update, thank you for sharing with us all.
It was nice to hear that you had a great time your First Pride event and enjoyed you longest time that you had been "out" in public.

Were you able to meet up and make new friends with other like-minded trans-women that live near your general area?
.... and were you able to meet up with @Tatiana 79  and her wife while there?

Thank you for posting your nice photo....  you look wonderful
>>> perhaps it might become your new Avatar/profile picture?

Again, thank you for your update.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: MichelleF82 on September 16, 2018, 12:29:20 AM
Was out at Pride all day. First Pride event, first drag show, and longest i've been 'out' in public! Had a great time!

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

MichelleF82

I talked to way more people than my shyness usually allows :D Got a ton of compliments, and had some wholesome conversations with not only lgbtq's but allies as well. To my surprise, there were actual protesters there, but thankfully they were kicked out by the permit board.

Tatiana and her wife made it just in time for drag show, it was great meeting them. We got along great. She's got all the group pics, I hope she'll post em, cause I didn't get any (what was I thinking?)

It was a super long day, and my body is aching from wearing wedge heels on uneven grass all day, but I wouldn't change anything... except talking to the cute redhead a little more (she seemed really interested, just my flirt game is really off).

Thanks for the interest,
Michelle
  •  

MichelleF82

Whoops! didn't realize my attempt last night to update my pic removed my old pic. Was waaay too tired when i got home to bother with resizing a photo. lol. There you go!

ps. that smear on my neck may be a bug that flew in my window when I was driving. Yes, it was there all day.  ::)
  •  

Joanne ONeal

Tatiana79,

I'm from SE Mi. and been to the UP many times. If you ever plan a trip back down to the "D", try to schedule your visit around a TG Invasion. It is a 3 day gathering of Trans-women from all over the country. It takes place 4 times a year. It is very safe being out with 30 to 40 women for dinner and dancing. Look it up on Facebook,  TG Invasion Detroit.
  •  

Tatiana 79

Hello Joanne
Thanks for your thoughtful reply pertaining to the TG invasion Detroit event. I really don't get down there that much and haven't been there since 98 at my mother's funeral, and I seriously don't think I'll be down there anytime soon. But I appreciate you letting me know about this. That's what us Michiganders do is take care of each other.

5th annual UP rainbow Pride recap.

First off, I popped in and out of here a few times yesterday but when I wanted to put this down internet signal faded out.
But anyways we were a little late because my best GF wanted to drive but she got unexpected relations that dropped in so the three of us were about an hour late. But I knew Michelle was already there because we have been texting each other so I could let her know when we were finally there, but I knew there was a lot of events there to keep her occupied on this hot humid day.
So the four of us finally hooked up and I must say Michelle looked wonderful and was weathering the heat wave very well as her makeup was still intact. So the four of us started to walk around just a little as my wife and GF went off to check out some of the stuff that the vendors had on display and Michelle and I started talking as we followed just a little behind. It was a little funny then because just as I was telling Michelle that me being trans is nothing compared to how my wife expresses herself and that I feel like a sheep.
Then it just seemed like it was right on cue as Michelle pointed to a pink T-shirt with a sheep on it that a vendor had for sale.
But then the four of us sat down at a picnic table and started talking for maybe an hour until we heard the screams from the drag show starting.
So I never really got a chance to walk around and find Marissa who was the one that helped me out a lot,
I should have just gave her a call but I didn't think of this at the time with the excitement starting to build from the show. 
Excitement is a little bit of an understatement and there seemed to be some kind of electricity in the air or something because everyone there just gelled together perfectly.
And OMG everyone was having an absolute blast singing dancing jumping around with all the lights on and strobe lights going music blaring with professional drag queens and kings doing their stuff. I do have a snippet of video and some pictures that I promise to try to put down somehow with my phone but I'm not sure if I can do it but I'll be working on it.
The place was really jumping with everyone having a great time until it ended around 10 pm. I would probably estimate there was two to three hundred people there and I know this seems small compared to bigger events but what it lacked in attendance it sure made up for with the attitude that could be felt there.
But then people started leaving and Michelle had to leave because she had a really long drive home but the three of us just sat down at a picnic table and that's when some of the juicy stuff happened. The three of us sitting there we're just partying a little and maybe getting a little loud and there were still people around even though the main event was over.
Everyone there was super friendly but maybe a little too friendly. The first group of people came over to us and wanted to take us out to the bar but we didn't because we knew we are going to be leaving shortly also.
But then another group came by and a nice looking girl just came right over to us standing in front of my wife and said, okay is there a couple here, are you two a couple or are you two a couple it was really quite funny. So then she started introducing herself to my wife and GF and then got to me. So what's your name she said as she looks at me and I just looked up at her and said Tatiana but my friends call me Tanya. And this felt really good because this was the first time I answered that way to a stranger. But this seemed to kick it up a notch or two and they insisted that we have a little party somewhere. Then it finally dawned on me that OMG these people are swingers, and the three of us told them that we're pretty much not into that but they tried it a second time as we were walking to our vehicle to leave. And one of the girls kept telling me how beautiful I was and I was just laughing telling her she was the beautiful one, I said I'm certainly not I have a mirror but I have to admit it did feel good, even though I understood her intent.
But anyways we all had a blast there and it was a nice escape from reality.

I'll try to get some pics here if I can.
  Love Tatiana
  •  

Kymmie Lorain

Tatiana,
You are not alone. We are always here. I try t get to the Uper as often as possible when I am in MI. I have an Uncle west of Houghton. The last two years my wife and youngest have taken the northern route coming home. When ever I get a chance We are planning a circle Lake Mich on the motorcycle.

I am just about the same boat. While my VA counselor mentioned other TG vets. She couldn't say. I have no resources in Laramie. UW may but IDK. Even finding anything in Northern CO has proven tough. I used to know a crossdresser here in town but lost touch. but she is strictly CD not TG.

Kymmie 
  •  

Alice V

QuoteI just looked up at her and said Tatiana but my friends call me Tanya.
Hahaha, that's my girl :D

You had great time hun :) I'm so happy for you and a bit envious too, but mostly happy :)
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

MaryT

It's great that you met and had a wonderful time at the Pride event.
  •  

Tatiana 79

Here's a link for a few seconds of the drag show you can see my wife with pink in her blond hair in some of this

[]
  •  

Tatiana 79

Hello Kymmie
You're right I know now I'm not alone but it sure felt that way for about 4 months until Michelle started off here and also there's Andi that I haven't had the pleasure to talk to yet.
But I imagine you probably feel the same way in Northern Colorado.
Hang in there though I would bet you connect with others eventually as I did.
And let me know when you visit that Uncle west of Houghton it isn't too far from me.

And to Alice and Mary
I wish I could have just somehow transported both of you here. It was an absolute blast, Michelle was really cool and I'm certain you gals would have agreed if you would have been here and really had a wonderful time also.
I did find out that the last group of people I talked about traveled around the country to all the LGBT events.
So they were pretty used to this environment when we were not.
And this was my first experience at this type of event and one that certainly I'll never forget.

Love you all Tatiana

•  

Alice V

Hey people!

As you probably know Tanya live in the woods where's quite bad connection and also she do everything from her phone (or sometimes from her wife's phone) so it was more easy to her to send everything to me and let me upload stuff. So, I place photos and videos, Tanya comment it later, I'll add her description in my post :) Right now she sent me only 7 photos, but later will be more I guess.

5th annual UP rainbow Pride

Photos
(clickable)

1. "This one's the time when I grabbed the phone out of my wife's hand and came out to her girlfriend that is now also mine. When I was talking to her on the phone she drove over here without me knowing And this is the picture I took at that time when she first showed up."©Tanya

2. "Wife and our GF"©Tanya

3. "My punk-rock wife carving the Anarchy A, as she often does."©Tanya
I like that habit lol ^_^ © me

4. "My wife was chasing down all mohawks and this was a Youngster she met."©Tanya

5. "My wife and Michelle who was the very first person I have ever met from Susan's and I'm so very glad it was her. We all had a blast together."©Tanya

6. "A queen we met after the show that actually anointed or knighted my wife with her weapon. She just said she doesn't bend down on one knee for many people but said she felt like Lancelot getting knighted by King Arthur. Then the Queen picked her up kissed her right on the lips."©Tanya

7. "Cool shoes."©Tanya
;D ©me

Videos
1. "And just a couple Snippets of the of the drag show."©Tanya

2. "And just a couple Snippets of the of the drag show."©Tanya

3. "And just a couple Snippets of the of the drag show."©Tanya

My place
  •  

Tatiana 79

Thanks so much Alice
You are such a sweetheart for taking the time out for doing this for me.

Pic 1. This one's the time when I grabbed the phone out of my wife's hand and came out to her girlfriend that is now also mine. When I was talking to her on the phone she drove over here without me knowing And this is the picture I took at that time when she first showed up.

Pic 2. Wife and our GF

3.   My punk-rock wife carving the Anarchy A, as she often does.

4.  My wife was chasing down all mohawks and this was a Youngster she met.

5. My wife and Michelle who was the very first person I have ever met from Susan's and I'm so very glad it was her. We all had a blast together.

6. A queen we met after the show that actually anointed or knighted my wife with her weapon. She just said she doesn't bend down on one knee for many people but said she felt like Lancelot getting knighted by King Arthur. Then the Queen picked her up kissed her right on the lips.

7. Cool shoes.

And just a couple Snippets of the of the drag show.

We all had a lot of fun there and I'm sure we'll go every year, but in a way I was a bit overwhelmed.
I know that this event was for everyone under the umbrella but in a way it really wasn't my scene. I live a very simple isolated life that's not very flamboyant. And I would be happy enough merely slipping under the cracks possibly someday.
And I'm also very glad that we met Michelle and we all had a good time.

Love Tatiana
  •  

Alice V

My place
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Tatiana 79
Dear Tatiana:
Thank you and many thanks to @Alice V for getting your Pride pictures posted....  it is great to see involved in your activities... and to see photos of your wife and also of @MichelleF82 ...

I looks like that all had a great time.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Tatiana 79

Thanks so much Alice and Danielle

I most sincerely appreciate both of your support more than you think.
Much love to both of you.
     Tanya
  •  

Sonja

@Tatiana 79

Happy Birthday Tatiana!  :icon_birthday:
I live in NZ so I see everyone's B'day a day earlier than all the americans!  ;)
Thank you for all our your kindness and happiness here at Susans Place, I hope you have a great day!

Take care,

Sonja.

•  

pamelatransuk

My dearest Tatiana

I am so glad all went well at the recent Pride Event and that you met Michelle.

I enjoyed my holiday in Slovenia and got back home Wednesday 26th at 11.00pm.

Obviously I was unable to attend the recent UK Meet Up in Birmingham UK but it also was a success and you may wish to read the thread and put faces to names of some of your UK Transgender friends.

Finally I send you belated birthday greetings. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I wish you everything you wish for yourself for the next year.

Sending Love to you and your wife.

Pamela  xx

•