News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles

Started by 4A-GZE, May 06, 2018, 09:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

I love this thread! 

No fun car now.  Porsche c4s or targa is my dream car. 

Karen

Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Porsche all the way.  I've driven them since 1978.  I have a dedicated track car also.

Karen, go with a Boxster for most fun per dollar.  Not the fastest Porsche, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow!  My wife loves her's. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Sarahthenerd

I've been fortunate to have been able to work on many expensive fast cars. But I thoroughly enjoyed my little Mitsubishi pickup. It was tuned enough to piss off a lot American muscle owners in my tiny back woods hometown.

I don't drive anymore. But I'm always tinkering with something. Most recently was an electric conversion on a moped.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

•  

4A-GZE

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on September 14, 2018, 10:03:50 PM
Porsche all the way.  I've driven them since 1978.  I have a dedicated track car also.

Karen, go with a Boxster for most fun per dollar.  Not the fastest Porsche, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow!  My wife loves her's.

I second that. Boxster or Cayman for sure. A Corvette would be alright, too, but maybe not quite as exciting as some others.

Or, if you want to make me jealous, get an AW11 MR2 (hey, that's where my username comes from!) in electric blue.
  •  

Charlotte F

I have just returned to school so didn't think my old AMG Merc was the most appropriate car for a student on a shoestring budget.  I swapped to my baby 'Ferrari' called Betty - a little Abarth 595.  She might not be quite as fast as the old car but is by far the most fun car I have ever driven and I definitely don't need parking sensors anymore  ;D

•  

KatieP

Super cute, Charlotte!!!

I think the Fiat and the Mini Cooper both qualify as really fun, and really cute!

Kate
  •  

Leslie601

900 lb Harley. Which got REALLY heavy after muscle mass loss.

L
  •  

Firebird

I had  black Mitsubishi pickup once. It was fun. My 68Firebird was hella fun, especially after I hooked it up with an electronic ignition, Edlebrock intake and Holley 4 carb 😁
I've loved every motorcycle I've had and prefer shaft drive rice burners because they're smooth and quiet.

My dream car would be a Buggatti. ANY make! 😁 But they're WAYYY out of my budget! 
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Firebird on September 15, 2018, 04:58:39 PM
My 68Firebird was hella fun,...

Hmmm. I don't want to call you Old or anything, but we had one of those when I was a kid.  ;D

My dad bought it new with the larger engine. (454?) And, even back then, I remember it sounding really good. That was the second year of the model, and the first without wind wings!

More amazingly, I can still remember the license plate number: WEZ 883

;D

Kate
  •  

Karen

I would love a Mini Cooper...  as my day car.  Country Man.... give up the Merc for the Mini....

And the Porsche for the summer and week end car. 

:).   All in heels!!!

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
  •  

Chloe

*sigh* Very sorry let go of my 1971 MACH1 . . .

Sean Connery drove it in the movie "Diamonds are Forever:'(
(without black highlighting and wheels / unsure why that was )
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Faith

chiming in, I have no idea where the conversation is .. I was looking at pictures.

My wife rode a 2008 Yamaha v star 650 custom for years, it was (still is) my daughter's bike. It's at my daughter's now. I don't ride .. you all are crazy people that get out their on a bike  :icon_yikes:

My first car was a 1970 Ford Torino (the year with hide-away headlights). I can still picture the orange shag carpet that I had put on the dash!  .. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahaha .. I'm glad those days are over.

My 2nd car was a 1964 Cadillac 4 door hardtop. I miss that car but I don't miss the 8-10 mpg that it got. The body was perfect, I blew the engine and junked it. I was so stupid back then. Lori learned to drive in that. She passed her driving test in it, parallel parking and all. Shocked the guy giving the test :)

lets skip over some that I wish I never owned to:
my 1964 Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible in red. *sigh*. I had to sell it. I had no money, no garage, it needed lots of repair finished on it (I had already started) I sold it to a collector that restored them. He still drives it to this day.

Now my nearest age appropriate vehicle is my 1984 El Camino. It was my Dad's, I couldn't let it go. Rough to drive at 15 mpg but that's exactly what it's rated for.

My daily drive is a 1994 Plymouth Acclaim. Belongs in a junk yard but we keep band-aiding it. Runs great, darn thing just won't die.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

big kim

This was my favourite car I owned , a 1970 Vauxhall Cresta, 3.3 6 cylinder, 3 on a tree manual shifter, bench seats. Could carry 6 in comfort & not to bad on the hard stuff if driven carefully. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.C7x4yYumDGLWiCpFXsOz9gHaFL&pid=15.1&P=0&w=250&h=176
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Kiera on September 16, 2018, 06:45:24 AM

Sean Connery drove it in the movie "Diamonds are Forever"

One of the best non-CG stunts ever, doing the 360 roll over the bridge...

;D

Kate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Karen on September 15, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
I would love a Mini Cooper...  as my day car.  Country Man.... give up the Merc for the Mini....

And the Porsche for the summer and week end car. 

:).   All in heels!!!

Karen

@Karen
Dear Karen:
Ahhh... Mini-Coopers, Posrches, Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros, Corvettes.....   none of those interest me any longer, not because I have transitioned but mainly because up here where I live one just about has to have a 4 wheel drive with high ground clearance...  so SUVs and Pickup trucks are what we drive mostly up here.   ....    and  many of the models of SUVs and Pickups are very nicely appointed with lovely features.....  not like the old pickup trucks of decades ago.

QUESTION:  So, what are you driving currently???

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Karen

Big SUV...have always driven SUVs..  and also have a nice Silverado Denali pick up on the bucket list. 

:)
Karen

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Karen on September 18, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
Big SUV...have always driven SUVs..  and also have a nice Silverado Denali pick up on the bucket list. 

:)

@Karen
Dear Karen:

Yes indeed, SUVs and Pickup Trucks are my favorite as well, not only for the severe snow and weather I get here but also I like to sit high in a vehicle... as opposed to the low riding and low seating sedans and sports cars that one has to fall into and crawl out of. 
Perhaps as a teenager that was OK but not for me now.

Many thanks for your reply,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

4A-GZE

I'm thinking of getting these for my Soul.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323157051408

Yes, they're an ebay-exclusive off-brand, but I'm not going off-reading or anything, so they should be fine for daily driving.
  •  

Donica

1964 Chevelle SS with a 427 L-88 in high school. 1995 Yamaha FJ 1100. 1966 Pontiac Grand Prix. A couple more unmentionables. My current is a cute little 4 door Mitsudishi Lancer OZ Rally, a pretty sporty little car. I've had some fun over the years. Drag strips and canyon roads. The FJ 1100 was a freaky machine. When I wasn't sitting on it, it scared me to death, but the moment I sat on it, I turn into a road racing animal. I guess that's why it scared me so much when I wasn't sitting on it because I couldn't believe all the stupid things I got away with when I was sitting on it.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

RabbitSpectre

You're a bunch of cagers.  :laugh:

Triumph Motorcycles, all the way.
Some of the most reliable and well-built bikes for cruising, versatile, easy to maintain and modify, and a smooth ride over varying terrain.

•