Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Portland Maine School Board Policy for Transgender and Gender Expansive Students

Started by BillieC, May 06, 2018, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillieC

Last week I had the chance to attend a special program the School Board sponsored to discuss their new policy. What a treat! This policy is the work of over a year by the local school board and should serve as a model starting point for any school wishing to move in this direction OR any student or parents who want to help their school do the right thing to support ALL their students.

< Link removed by moderator>

Hopefully, this will help some one along their journey!
Much love,
Billie
– Happy to have finally found some peace of mind... if anyone finds the other peaces, please let me know!
  •  

Jessica

Hi Billie, being so new to Susan's, you have not achieved the ability to post links yet.  You will be able to after posting 500 comments or posts.
I have reviewed it and find it very worthy and I will include it in this post.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

https://www.portlandschools.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=12024088

Thank you, Jessica
Global Moderator

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

BillieC

Thank you for your kind administration of what is a totally sensible rule. I appreciate you posting the link for me and I fully understand the rule and it's purpose. I'm very sorry for not taking the time to read the rules before posting that outside link. I'll get busy on my path to 500!

All the best,
Billie
– Happy to have finally found some peace of mind... if anyone finds the other peaces, please let me know!
  •