Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How to achieve the natural 'no-makeup' makeup look

Started by Nero, December 26, 2007, 07:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

How to look your best and still look natural at the same time.

[yt=425,350]v/zGtL2VLCPLU&rel[/yt]
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Wing Walker

Hi, Nero,

That's a darn good question.

Yesterday I wore makeup because Cindy and I had dinner with the owners of the apartment in which we live.  I chose an outfit that wasn't just jeans and a top and used makeup to cover the daily blemishes.

I say that because now that I am not in the workforce any more I almost never use makeup.  What they see is what I have.

Were I to go "light and natural" I would cleanse my face, use moisturizer, brush-on some loose powder over it, and all a wee tad of mascara (my eyes handle highlighting very well) and lipstick.

Ten minutes' work.  When I get precise with the makeup it takes longer so seldom do I get precise.  I just feel lazy.

Did I give you a reasonable response?

Oh, and don't forget earrings.

Wing Walker

P.S.  Oops!  When I opened your posting there was no You Tube item showing so I replied like it was a question.  Sorry!

WW
  •  

Rachael

here was me thinking the big secret was to not wear makeup? :S
R :police:
  •  

Wing Walker

Quote from: Rachael on December 26, 2007, 09:34:27 PM

It is, Rachael, and not all of us are good at it, especially an old duck such as I.

Wing Walker
  •  

Meshi

Best thing is to get plenty of sleep, and proper diet, alots of fresh veggies (darker green the better, and plenty of water.  Then use good facial cleansers.  I use Neova  products  for facial washes and their hydrating moisturizer.  Take extra care with moisturizing  around the eyes.  I good  tip someone  told me  was to use Aquaphor and put it all over your face and neck area b4 bed and the next day your skin will be baby smooth.
  •  

Natasha

Quote from: Rachael on December 26, 2007, 09:34:27 PM

haha!!  exactly.  want the no makeup look? wear no makeup. duh.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Nero on December 26, 2007, 07:44:15 PM
How to look your best and still look natural at the same time.

[yt=425,350]v/zGtL2VLCPLU&rel[/yt]
Is that a link I see there? Maybe need to re-type it  ??? It doesn't work  :-\

I don't often wear much make up, which is a shame because I have loads of make up. I am interested to find a good foundation though. I usually just put on some moisturizer and sunblock and lip balm
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Autumn

Biggest problem I've had with makeup is pores and lines and scars that stick out like a sore thumb when you put foundation or powder on them.

I actually just bought my first makeup a few days ago from Sephora, and the lady showed me a liquid primer that you rub into areas like that before using concealer/foundation/primer and it greatly reduces their visibility. Even without setting it it helps to make your skin look smoother. Neat stuff, especially on the nose.
  •  

tekla

How to achieve the natural 'no-makeup' makeup look

Don't wear makeup.  But if you have a better idea, aside from drop dead natural beauty, I'd love to hear it.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

V M

Quote from: Autumn on July 01, 2009, 12:35:38 AM
Biggest problem I've had with makeup is pores and lines and scars that stick out like a sore thumb when you put foundation or powder on them.
I have a few scares. Luckily over time most of them have smoothed out and are only noticeable up close. Even though most folks don't notice them, they bother me. But we are all self critical to some degree and would like to look our best. Especially when your going out with that someone special or going out to meet that someone. Some folks just don't understand how important that is to us girls sometimes. Maybe they've never woken up to wonder what is that thing bobbing against their upper lip. Only to find out it was the tip of their nose and the cartilage was showing  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •