AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

zirconia

To me they're just a tool for whatever I use them.
  •  

To me they are a real, they are a tool and they are physical cards. They are a great focus for me. To others they are just a curiosity at best and the hand work of the devil at the worst, well the latter could be the best depending on the individual.
  •  

Kylo

Even if you don't believe in them, they are designed to help you look at a topic or a question in a new way. Which potentially is helpful I suppose.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: 120716 on May 09, 2018, 02:34:53 AM
To me they are a real, they are a tool and they are physical cards. They are a great focus for me. To others they are just a curiosity at best and the hand work of the devil at the worst, well the latter could be the best depending on the individual.

Devyl. Spell it right.  :laugh:
  •  

Jin

If you believe the cards themselves have power, it is Satan tricking you.
If you believe the cards are an aid to stimulate your own thinking, maybe they work.

If you are just having fun, they may work.

It is all in your attitudes and beliefs.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

RoRo

The cards and the pictures on the cards have no special powers, it is your brain and how you perceive what you have been told the cards mean that is the power. If those meanings give you a sense of security than it is doing its job. It is pretty much the same with religion. You either grow up being told this is what to believe or not to believe. You take it and your brain formulates what you want to help you along. Is it a bad thing, in my opinion, No.
  •  

•  

Eryn T

Hey, Sailor Mars!

I always thought Tarot cards were cool, but not magic. I remember reading-up about the I-Ching Divination stuff in China, and I'm super bad at referencing things(can you tell?) but what I think is useful about any sort of divination(cards, wheels, bones, and of course, coins) is that it imposes a decision upon you. Either to accept what is given, argue against it, or decide to look deeper into why you sought divination in the first place.

An example I like is the coin. Say, "Heads" you'll do X, "Tails" you'll do Y. Usually, depending on either, you come to a decision, ultimately. Whether it's to follow what the coin says, or go against it.
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •