Where is your favorite vacation spot?

Started by DawnOday, May 17, 2018, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

•  

Dena

Quote from: Janes Groove on August 03, 2018, 12:35:27 PM
Arizona in January.
Arizona is a tradeoff. Visit now and while its 110 degrees, there is no crowd. Visit in January and while the day time temperature is around 70 degrees, you have the car races, golf, car auctions along with many snow birds. If your coming in January, reserve your room now and get ready for sticker shock.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jin

Gotta be mountains in the deal.
Weekends in the Cascades, full week trips to the Sierra.
Definitely "off trail" as we like to leave our clothes in our pack.

I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

DawnOday

Dana.. Luckily I have relatives in Scottsdale and Bullhead City so all I really need is a relative in Flagstaff. I love exploringing the Walnut Canyon site and HWY 89A is one of the most scenic highways in the country. The starkness of the desert is at once beautiful and when you have a flat tire and no replacement in the middle and it's over 100 degress and the buzzards are circling...

Jin  I love the Trumble lake area of the Sierra. We used to go to Bishop for the Rodeo. On the western side the Sonora area is one of our favorites.

Lexi... I don't like sweating in 80 degree heat. I thought two showers a day were too many until I went there and needed one hourly. I stick with Disneyland in Anaheim. Now, I've been there at least fifty times. It used to be a lot cheaper when I was a kid.

Jessica. Belize sounds very interesting.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Jessica on August 03, 2018, 11:08:35 AM
Belize......before the rain sets in (early May) before the bugs hatch.
Evidence of Mayan history abounds throughout the country!
Beaches, warm clear water, some of the best diving in the world, the Blue Hole, the second largest barrier reef in the world!
The predominant language is English , they take US currency.
Their beer is good..."You better Belize it"!
Unless you're a business associate of Walter White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dena on August 03, 2018, 04:56:00 PM
Arizona is a tradeoff. Visit now and while its 110 degrees, there is no crowd. Visit in January and while the day time temperature is around 70 degrees, you have the car races, golf, car auctions along with many snow birds. If your coming in January, reserve your room now and get ready for sticker shock.
It is the best time of the year here. Of course there's alwayup north somewhere I suppose when it gets hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

GingerVicki

Colorado Springs is the best place where I've had a vacation. I rank it above Chicago and Las Vegas.

I remember when I was at Pikes Peak's summit and jumped the guard rails. I was about 5 foot from the edge of the mountain and I will remember the view for the rest of my life. It was amazing.
  •  

Jasminex69

My spot has to be Bangkok Thailand.  I can never get enough of the friendly people, delicious food and Singha Beer.

Jas
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Nina

After decades of travelling to the US - 34 states including Hawaii twice...I've not been to the US in a decade.

We just came back four days ago from two weeks in Spain. It was awesome. How can you not like Spain - glorious museums and art galleries, architecture, history, food, wine, the people...and it's safe.

We already planning our 2019 trip...most likely Scandinavia and Denmark.
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

dee82

Ummmm... staying at home and going nowhere in particular.

One of my most relaxing vacations has been travelling a 30 minutes drive, (still in the same city!) to a caravan park with cabins. But really I don't even need to go that far. If it is a vacation from work, the living room and back yard is enough for me.

I don't like travelling much and when it is January in Sydney and everyone seems to be away on holidays it is my favourite time to be at home.

~Dee.
  •  

SamuelR77

As for me, I adore Bermuda and Grand Cayman. It's close enough to me that I can enjoy a short flight and still have beautiful beaches, wonderful people, lots of activities, and great sightseeing.. If to talk about faraway destination - then I choose Rome. I just love the city. The history, the culture, the people, the food, the atmosphere, sitting in piazzas drinking coffee or wine... Planning my solo trip to Rome this June, read travel forums to find out hidden gems (I mean places:)
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Kylo on November 27, 2018, 03:11:40 AM
The Alps.

I agree with Kylo ! it's like on my bucket list to visit Switzerland.

I agree with Dawn above that Canadian Rockies are stunning, we have friends in Edmonton.

One of my favorite vacation spots is right in our own back yard (we have so much here !!)

Marrowstone Island - Puget sound

C -
  •  

big kim

East Anglia. Went back 4 times in the last 2 years.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: GingerVicki on August 29, 2018, 04:34:06 PM
Colorado Springs is the best place where I've had a vacation. I rank it above Chicago and Las Vegas.

I remember when I was at Pikes Peak's summit and jumped the guard rails. I was about 5 foot from the edge of the mountain and I will remember the view for the rest of my life. It was amazing.

I live in Monument, just North of Colorado Springs. Been here over 13 years and still have not made it to Pikes Peak!

My favorite place to visit is Moab, UT. It is close to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, and only a few hours away from Monument Valley. It is scorching hot in the Summer, but Spring and Fall are awesome.

Sunrise at Mesa Arch, Canyonlands NP
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •