Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pope Francis - "God Made You Gay"

Started by Janes Groove, May 19, 2018, 10:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

THIS IS HUGE!!

Cruz asegura que el Papa le dijo: "Dios te hizo gay"
-Infovaticana

https://infovaticana.com/2018/05/19/cruz-asegura-papa-le-dijo-dios-te-gay/

In a private meeting with a spokeperson for Catholic sex abuse survivors for the Spanish Daily El Pais the Pope has reportedly stated. "Dios te hizo asi."  -  God has made you like this.

What I've been saying for years.
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Janes Groove on May 19, 2018, 10:52:48 AM
THIS IS HUGE!!

Cruz asegura que el Papa le dijo: "Dios te hizo gay"
-Infovaticana

https://infovaticana.com/2018/05/19/cruz-asegura-papa-le-dijo-dios-te-gay/

In a private meeting with a spokeperson for Catholic sex abuse survivors for the Spanish Daily El Pais the Pope has reportedly stated. "Dios te hizo asi."  -  God has made you like this.

What I've been saying for years.
He has also said that gay people must remain celibate or be heterosexually married to avoid mortal sin.

Actually, the Church has been saying what he said for a long time now, at least for the past ten years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Janes Groove

That's true, but it also signals a drastic shift in tone from the Vatican and is causing some exploding conservative Catholic heads to explode. 

Here's another report from PinkNews:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/05/20/pope-francis-gay-rights-catholic-church-acceptance/
  •  

Laurie

:police:   Careful what you post in the thread. We will not allow Bashing or other TOS violations :police:

Laurie
Global Moderator

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Deborah

Just for reference, this is what the Catechism says.  Since it says the cause is unknown the Pope's statement does add something.  It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it or if the official Church position remains unchanged.  As of right now though, since he is not speaking ex cathedra it is just his personal opinion rather than a Church position.

QuoteCCC 2357-2359

Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Autrement

I believe the Pope is bringing a very new way to consider situations: beyond dogma, he welcomes everyone as someone to be loved, and keeps repeating this is the only true way to follow Christ.
  •  

Holis

The Pope might be relatively liberal in comparison to the rest of the Catholic Church, but anyway he is disrespecting homosexuality and transgender people.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

•  

RobynD

•  

Lady Sarah

Growing up Catholic, it seemed there were literally hundreds of commandments, including "be fruitful and multiply". Transgender and homosexual people don't multiply very often, therefore the church considers them sinful. But then, using any form of contraception goes against the teachings of the church, and is therefore sinful. So, it does not matter if you are gay, trans, or straight, if you have intercourse for any purpose other than breeding, you have sinned against God, according to them. The Catholic church is not the only institution that believes this dogma. Go to almost any church, and you will know this to be true.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •