Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamelatransuk

So wonderful Katie to read of your latest experience; this is further proof you are on the right road. We all have so much to discover on our journeys.

Also - wonderful adverts over the years for Hovis and wonderful bread it is to taste aswell!

Have a good week

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Katie Jade

Hi everyone
Technically speaking today is my 26th Wedding anniversary. We are separated but not divorced. Tomorrow is my Dads birthday, but parents aren't responding to any calls from me at the moment. Maybe they are saving it all up for our meeting on the 4th...... My male birthday (56) on Friday (Manchester visit yay). Still sorting out female birthday but that will probably GCS day. If the NHS ever gets to see me....
Eyes still a problem so saw consultant today. No trauma or inflammation in left eye but pressure up to 25 things, causing blurred vision. I don't have glaucoma either so he's concerned about it. Still not concerned enough to cancel his holiday next week though. So back on the pills and yet more eye drops with a list of side effects (possible) longer than an elephants todger (English word, Anglo-Saxon I think). list of corrupt politicians..
So let's see what happens. Hope it doesn't stop my visit to Manchester on Friday. Practicing my 'Yes please' and 'thank you' 'yes' and 'No' in my squeaky  pseudo Mickey Minnie Mouse 'Female' voice. It won't work but all I need to do is smile a lot and I will be OK.
Was quite a lot up and down again this week, self doubt trying to get me down again, but just got dressed and made up as practice for Friday and was wonderful again and very relaxed.
As I say Ill post some pics on here if any turn out not too bad. Worrying over what to wear now, and I have to paint toenails in advance tonight.
We definitely need to plan well ahead being a girl.
Loving every minute as usual.

Lov n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

pamelatransuk

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Katie and have a wonderful day out. You are 7 years behind me in age but I feel we are similar in that we both always knew, we both buried and suppressed, we both finally took action at the same time with GenderGP and we both started HRT at the same time. On the HRT Board I raised a question on Prolactin but I am not worried about it at present - just another thing to monitor!

I think as girls we may 3 birthdays - first day of HRT, first day Full Time, day of GCS.

Hope things improve on the eye front as I'm sure they will.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Katie Jade

Thanks Pamela
Yes my suspicions were right in that I have hypertension in my eye for no reason it seems. Got pills last night so sight restored for the time being. More investigations to follow when Consultant is back off holiday.
Mum and Dad still not responding to phone calls, I suspect the may have gone away for his birthday. Got a Birthday card from mum, yesterday, with a big 'SON' on the front of it. Oh well at least I got a card.
Off to my support group tonight, so wont get time to post nothing until after my trip tomorrow.
TC for now
Luv n Hugz
Katie
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on June 27, 2018, 03:42:45 PM
Hi everyone
Technically speaking today is my 26th Wedding anniversary. We are separated but not divorced. Tomorrow is my Dads birthday, but parents aren't responding to any calls from me at the moment. Maybe they are saving it all up for our meeting on the 4th...... My male birthday (56) on Friday (Manchester visit yay). Still sorting out female birthday but that will probably GCS day. If the NHS ever gets to see me....
Eyes still a problem so saw consultant today. No trauma or inflammation in left eye but pressure up to 25 things, causing blurred vision. I don't have glaucoma either so he's concerned about it. Still not concerned enough to cancel his holiday next week though. So back on the pills and yet more eye drops with a list of side effects (possible) longer than an elephants todger (English word, Anglo-Saxon I think). list of corrupt politicians..
So let's see what happens. Hope it doesn't stop my visit to Manchester on Friday. Practicing my 'Yes please' and 'thank you' 'yes' and 'No' in my squeaky  pseudo Mickey Minnie Mouse 'Female' voice. It won't work but all I need to do is smile a lot and I will be OK.
Was quite a lot up and down again this week, self doubt trying to get me down again, but just got dressed and made up as practice for Friday and was wonderful again and very relaxed.
As I say Ill post some pics on here if any turn out not too bad. Worrying over what to wear now, and I have to paint toenails in advance tonight.
We definitely need to plan well ahead being a girl.
Loving every minute as usual.

Lov n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

@Katie Again:
Dear Katie:
It was good to see your multi-faceted update with all the events coming up for you.
Well, since you are not divorced, it is still indeed your 26the Wedding Anniversary... I suppose that under the circumstance congratulations are not in order. 

Regarding your dad's birthday and the fact that your parents are not responding to your calls, I trust that it is not because of their non-acceptance of the new you. 
If I were to call my parents today, they would  probably would not respond and answer the phone.  I would have to probably call 4 or 5 times and leave messages and perhaps they would answer my next subsequent call... and if they did answer, the conversation would be brief and filled with tension... and they would address me by my old male name.  Only once ever did my mom address me as Danielle and that was over 6 months ago before Christmas when she ended the call by saying "goodbye Danielle"  My dad will only begrudgingly talk to me on the phone for less than a minute... and he never has accepted me or addressed me as Danielle.   Sorry I got sidetracked here with my story of woe.... now back to you, it is your thread and it is about you!!!!

Well, a day in advance I am Wishing You a Happy 56th Birthday   :icon_birthday:
Yes, for sure, even though I started transitioning over 4 years ago have been full time for well over a year and a half it is always a conundrum about birthdays and how to celebrate.  It is becoming easier as time goes on... but I still get birthday cards in the mail addressed to the "wrong" name.   At least I get birthday cards in the mail, so I am thankful for that.   Much like your story about getting a birthday card from your mum... with a big "Son" written on the front of the card.   Trust me, you are not alone with experiencing these kinds of things.

I sincerely hope that the medications for your eye problems solve the issue for you.... I am certain that this is a big concern for you, as it should be.  Please keep us updated on your thread but only if you feel comfortable doing that.

Yes, at this stage in your transition timeline... PRACTICE looking like the woman you are.   You have not had the lifetime of experience being a woman so this can all be new stuff to deal with... shaving body hair, colors for finger and toe nails, jewelry, makeup, hair styles, shoes, bras, lingerie and undies, clothing choices... OMG, clothing choices...so many variations and so many colors and combinations to deal with. 
As you said, one must plan ahead as a woman... it is not like the old days of being a male and just throwing on any old shirt and pants laying on the floor (they don't have to ever match or be ironed !! LOL) then perhaps run comb through scruffy hair and out the door you are.

Yes indeed, it would be definitely OK with us if you posted some pictures....
Wishing you good luck at your support meeting and with your upcoming trip and events.... travel safe.
Again Happy Birthday to you.
Thank you for posting your updates.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

Happy Birthday, have a nice time.XXXXXXXX ( my internet  keeps going so did this quick)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

Happy Birthday Katie!!   :icon_birthday:

And this one is very different from years past.  I see the gears turning, things you are doing and looking forward to.  You have such an exciting future. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Danielle, Davina and Kendra as well as everyone else following my little thread here thanks for your welcome comment.
Just to say what an absolutely wonderful day I have had. Manchester is such a trans friendly/tolerant place.
Travelled there by slow commuter train, hot and a bit crowded, I didn't care as my mind set was to get on with life and smile.
Got into Piccadilly train station about 4pm ( I was working in the morning). Walked all around the Gay/LGBT village just to see it and prepair for next weekends Sparkle events, saw the Alan Turing memorial etc, then further into town, shopping at the Arndale Centre, sitting watching the kids play in the water fountains in Piccadilly Plaza, Cold drink (fizzy water) in Marks and Spencers (big UK Store), talking to a couple of police women (who were truly gorgeous), walking past hundreds and hundreds of people enjoying the sun at outdoor cafes, and the superb aura the city centre has. Get there to understand that, this is a City that can do anything I think, so love it, its such a diverse but seemingly united community.
Then to the Molly House for a really good meal, and almost next door to the Richmond Tea Rooms  for Vanilla Chai tea and a slice of amazing Victoria sponge cake... talking for ages with a load of bridesmaids and the bride (about my age but a little younger), just got loads of compliments and congratulations (which I returned of course), my friend Tina kept telling them it was my first true time out.
Just was so very natural and felt so real and true as me, for me today.
That was easy and in that particular supported circumstance I cant see what my issues were.
Love life so much atm.
Also Younger brother text me to tell me he has got engaged, so on the off chance I'm asked to attend I'm going to have to really concentrate on loosing weight... you never know..(Bridesmaid?? lol)
Finally, Mum called at about 9PM to quickly wish me a happy birthday, and then my Dad did but emphasised 'son'. I told them I was in Manchester for a meal to celebrate my birthday with a friend (true). Will tell them more details if they ask...
So  today was   + + + +
And new eyedrops held up my eyesight.

Midnight tonight at the moment so when Tina sends me the photos she took of me then ill sort a few out to post.

Hope eternal
Lov and Hugz

Your Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Again
Dear Katie, your entire update that you posted sounded like you had a wonderful time.....things worked out nicely for you.... including your eye issues.... 
... with the expected exception of course regarding your happy birthday phone call with your mom and dad... after-all you previously got the birthday card from them with a big "son" written on the front....  your dad emphasizing calling you "son" was expected by you I am sure...
....but did your mom call you "son" also?

Yes indeed, if you feel comfortable posting pictures from Tina... we will be most eager to see them on your thread...
Thank you for keeping us up to date and sharing your experiences with us.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Donna

Happy belated birthday and just your post is such a great read.
Thank you
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Laurie

Hi Katie,

I dropped in to see today was your birthday and it does sound like you have had a wonderful day in Manchester. I think I may know a cis woman there. You do sound like you were in your element there in Piccadilly. I hope you eye problems turn out to be something not too serious but whatever it is you be sure to take care of it. Eyesight is nothing to put off.

HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY Katie!!!

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

pamelatransuk

Katie

It is always wonderful to read an inspirational and uplifting post and your latest update is precisely that.

Congratulations not only on another "first" but also on such a wonderful experience in an afternoon in Manchester.

I hope Sparkle Event next Saturday 6th also lives up to expectations and I am sure it will.

Good luck with your parents  - I empathise as mine never liked or understood the way I am - and with your eyes.

More hugs

Pamela

•  

Katie Jade

OK , some pictures, not all the blurry and bad ones are taken by me, those from my friend wont arrive until the start of next week as she is out shopping in London all day and has chores tomorrow (Im in the middle of mine..);

Pic #1  on the railway platform waiting for the train (terrible angle as Im no good at selfies hate this photo);

Pic #2  sat in train  - note this was full by the end of the 30 mile trip;

There will be more pics a this point in visit and will post when I get them.
Pic #3 In Marks and Spencers having  mineral water- photo was for another friend as she thinks I don't drink water at all for some reason...;

There will be more pics a this point in visit and will post when I get them.
Pic #4 Meal at the Molly House (Note my glass is almost all tonic water and ice..);

Pic #5 At Piccadilly Railway Station at the start of the 2 hour journey back by rail and car;

I do love that dress as it hangs well on me.

The journey back was uneventful apart from it being the last train back we could get, and there were a lot of very merry male groups on it going home after a night out, so we kept a low profile but they were all happy and very noisy and only concerned with themselves. Sunset was lovely (didn't get a pic) and the moon was very low and a real cheesy colour to the South East and it accompanied us home during the car part of the journey, note I didn't drive in case you wondered as I never do after any alcohol, ever.

Got home and posted my previous post, got ready for bed, and slept for about 10 hours which is very unusual for me.
Ill post more as and when I get them.

That was a big day for me.  Oh!!! and I bought silver pendant as a keepsake, Pic taken just now;

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
Quote from: Katie Again on June 30, 2018, 10:38:10 AM
OK , some pictures, not all the blurry and bad ones are taken by me, those from my friend wont arrive until the start of next week as she is out shopping in London all day and has chores tomorrow (Im in the middle of mine..);

Pic #1  on the railway platform waiting for the train (terrible angle as Im no good at selfies hate this photo);

- - - - - - - - - - - -
                     - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - 
That was a big day for me.  Oh!!! and I bought silver pendant as a keepsake, Pic taken just now;

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Again :   
Dear Katie:  Wonderful pictures, all of them, including the "blurry ones"... oh, and your Pendant will be a lovely reminder of this memorable time in your life.
Thank you for sharing about your trip.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Looking good there love, liking the pendant. Your dress does look nice as well. I can never get a good selfie either
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

OK, off t see parents first time since being let out of the bag by my brothers. Had AA injection yesterday and actually starting to feel better. I wasn't actually feeling right before, so a previous post somewhere by me about not really feeling any difference as the AA wears off was wrong - definitely feel it now.
Did I mention I got letter from Nottingham GIC and they confirmed the 2 year wait (minimum) others have mentioned.
Anyway Ill post some more pics tonight if I get back early from meeting parents
Toodle-pip
Love n Hugz
Katie

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Again on July 04, 2018, 12:04:04 PM
OK, off t see parents first time since being let out of the bag by my brothers. Had AA injection yesterday and actually starting to feel better. I wasn't actually feeling right before, so a previous post somewhere by me about not really feeling any difference as the AA wears off was wrong - definitely feel it now.
Did I mention I got letter from Nottingham GIC and they confirmed the 2 year wait (minimum) others have mentioned.
Anyway Ill post some more pics tonight if I get back early from meeting parents
Toodle-pip
Love n Hugz
Katie

@Katie Again:
Dear Katie:   Wishing you good luck with the meet with your parents.   Perhaps it is a good thing that your brothers "let the cat out of the bag" about your transition....   that way, what you say will not be a big surprise to them and it just may go easier.   

Whoa... a 2 year wait for GIC.!!! ???  well, in the USA we don't have government run health care so we can get much more timely attention to our medical needs, but of course the costs are higher for the patient.  An interesting trade off, that is why single payer government health care is such a "hot button" issue here.

Please continue your updates, your followers want to know what is going on with you.

Thanks for your posting,
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Still have 8months left of my 2 years, just hope its not any longer. was confirmed when I phoned up with name change it would be early next year for first appointment. Hang on in there dear, best bit it gives you time for RLE and HRT before they see you so should not get the "are you sure this is what you want" and then maybe speed things along.(optimist!!!)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 04, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
@Katie Again:
Wishing you good luck with the meet with your parents.   Perhaps it is a good thing that your brothers "let the cat out of the bag" about your transition....   that way, what you say will not be a big surprise to them and it just may go easier.   

Whoa... a 2 year wait for GIC.!!! ???  well, in the USA we don't have government run health care so we can get much more timely attention to our medical needs, but of course the costs are higher for the patient.  An interesting trade off, that is why single payer government health care is such a "hot button" issue here.[/b]

Quote from: davina61 on July 04, 2018, 03:06:43 PM
Still have 8months left of my 2 years, just hope its not any longer. was confirmed when I phoned up with name change it would be early next year for first appointment. Hang on in there dear, best bit it gives you time for RLE and HRT before they see you so should not get the "are you sure this is what you want" and then maybe speed things along.(optimist!!!)

OK,
Thanks ladies for your responses and comments, always appreciated :)

First bit (of 3) - meeting with parents. I went in Boy mode(ish) Pink tee shirt, Salmon pink short sleve shirt, jeans, new necklace all my normal rings (2 on each hand) but stopped short of wig/ bangles... Brothers and my separated wife (best friend) were there at the pub/restaurant so we all had a meal first - I had Gammon and eggs + side salad and diet tonic water +  ice/lemon. They all had the full works gammon eggs or lamb cutlets with loads of chips and bread n butter etc etc. (I pinched a couple of chips), needless to say as the Gammon was so gorgeous I wont be needing breakfast tomorrow.
So small talk and everyone jibing each other etc. after the meal I went to the toilet and when I came back just my parents were there at the table, beckoned me to sit down and said they wanted to talk about my situation. Well OK, this was the wrong place for them to shout my business out (they both have hearing aids  and shout when taking as people with hearing difficulties do). I suggested we go to my car and we could benefit from the Air con and talk privately. So did just that. Dad wouldn't look at me at all and iterated no matter what went on they would always have 3 sons and would treat us equally. Then he changed that to 'children'. That was good. We talked for a bit and I tried to make them understand gently that this wasn't a choice for me but a necessity. Explained all the level and volume of issues it has caused me over the years, in a gentle but short way.
Mum said she had no inkling (more likely she forgot or didn't want to raise questions about me borrowing /ruining clothes, stealing and generally doing anything to get something feminine in my life even pre puberty). I explained that I have always felt different and not right and that where I am now I am much happier and more of a whole person. Happy. More content. Positive. Happy again.
Obviously they did question a few things, like sexuality, why?, and the like and I again explained the difference between sex and gender - one body the other between the ears etc.. that opinions are divided as to what causes this etc..
My Dad who apparently had to be persuaded to go, said that he was really glad to have come and it had broken the ice for him, and as long as progress was in keeping with his ability to accept (i.e. slow) then that would be good. Mum said it was difficult but she had experience of someone transitioning at a place of work and she could understand better but it would still take time to accept.
I finished off by saying I had tried everything to not have to go down this path but had finally accepted that I had to do this to be truly myself, and that I needed for them to be part of that, so they could know I was truly happy and myself. After that it was a really really REALLY big hug with my Dad and then my mum as far as I could in the car.
So, ice broken, journey started on that part of my Life.
Very happy with the outcome and will certainly comply with their requests not to overload them with stuff. We still all love each other and possibly more so than ever as I can truly be myself with them.
As I type the tears are making my vision bad, so will take a break for a few mins.

Thanks all for reading.

Love n Hugz

Katie

:angel:

•  

Katie Jade

Part 2 - GIC

For me I am private on meds, so by the time I get an NHS Appointment  I should have been living fulltime for a year +, have had FFS and will be quite a way down the social integration path.
The private practice I am with are well aware of the NHS's inability to process Trans enquiries and patients fast enough. They may be exploiting that a little  but not at excessive costs if you are careful. They are very empathic Doctors and staff. I actually have heard that the NHS is happy that they are taking some of the burden off them. I think un-trans-educated people see our issues as a life style choice still as I have said previously on another thread. It isn't, but we do feel we need help in understanding what we really need and not to jump to the wrong conclusion, particularly those of younger ages without enough life experience or those with other possibly unobserved issues. True there are open and shut cases but many still need to tread the path carefully so as not to ruin what their lives should have been,,,,,

So, 2 years for an appointment, which means that I can get on with most of the jobs needed and then go for the final decision as the end point of transition and start point of normal life again (ish).

Well that's what I keep telling myself - my opinion may change in a year or so..

Luv n Hugz
Katie

:angel: :angel:

•