Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Your bathroom remodeling project is coming along very nicely....   

I always like the result of remodeling and updating things in my home but it is the process that I don't like... the time it takes, the mess, the disruption, etc....   if one could just snap their fingers and have it done instantly that would be wonderful.

I will be looking forward to seeing your final pictures of the finished job.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date....
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 20, 2018, 12:22:35 PM
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Your bathroom remodeling project is coming along very nicely....   

I always like the result of remodeling and updating things in my home but it is the process that I don't like... the time it takes, the mess, the disruption, etc....   if one could just snap their fingers and have it done instantly that would be wonderful.

I will be looking forward to seeing your final pictures of the finished job.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date....
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

Dear Danielle
I couldn't agree more with makeover hastle. Hate the waiting but as Im usually doing them then they take Soooooooo long I forget where I started.
Nowadays Im more focussed on me and my transition, and I actually don't want that to go too quick (or too slow) so I can at least  physically, mentally and socially gain what I want and I need to be regarded as female. These massive undertakings do take a long time and those that rush them are at danger of not being fully happy with their new selves. I'm starting to appreciate my own face and body (yuk - too fat) as I am not yet owning it, as opposed to some artificial façade that I have created to make me what the world expects.
That game is almost up for me I think. My counsellor and even HR at work think that Xmas will be a watershed for me.
Maybe coming out then, certainly I cant go on using binders on my chest as it really does hurt some times (Kudos to FTM guys..)

So - roll on tomorrow but not too long as I need to go to Nottingham... for the 'invasion' lol - only about 10-25 girls but at least we are together and generally safe..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Katie Jade

Hi all
Wow what a weekend, one that I can look back on as another significant step forward for me, and I hopefully have made a lot of good friends as well, especially on the epic meetup on Saturday and also Sunday morning. Friday was quite exciting, going around Nottingham which must be one of the most trans friendly places in the country (and its near me...).
But Saturday was truly an exceptional moment for me and I personally think I was a bit reserved and tongue tied at times, however it was all really great company and the face to face communication was on occasion so inspiring to me, and Im sure others as well.
I have loads of feedback and suggestions to note and work through but as Im logged into work now and have the 800+ emails to go through sent me during last weeks holiday (probably need to respond or action about 30%, the rest will be rubbish, things that I should have been cc. on and hence never get read, or company notices etc - Im sure you know what I mean). I will note key areas for me to think about From the weekend, and then mull them over, along with a lot of other personal items this week.
Im not going to go into the details as that would need a small novelette, suffice to say because of the meet up and time afterwards with some of the girls, I actually felt both happy and sad by the time I got home today. Happy to have met and made friends and sad to have to be parted, but Im sure there will be other times we will touch base, and anyway I will continue to put my usual garbled inconsistent, irrelevant as well as relevant stories here for your amusement and cogitation.
To cheer myself up I had Cauliflower Cheese for tea with a bit of poached salmon. Yay!!
So Ill sign off as I have work to do and tea to drink (booze and generally caffeine free for a few days at least I think),
As ever

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

Well I think you came out of your shell over Sat, as to me I made (well cooked in a tin!) meat pie, mash , carrots, beans and a bit of left over cauliflower not forgetting gravy!!! Apple crumble to finish. Have you tried a Devil in biscuit yet?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Katie Jade

Dear Davina, if you mean the ones you gave me, I have one left for tonight to go with a hot chocolate drink that I feel I need.. they were very very good.... I think you may need to be persuaded to do a postal delivery service to me with them.... joking but they were excellent.

And yes to an extent I came out of my shell a bit but there again my star sign is Cancer so I have a hard defensive shell before you can get to the softer me underneath I suppose or something like that. I think Im breaking out though rather than someone breaking in (or maybe both at the same time, who knows) and that 'shell' is all the stuff that has stopped me from being who I should have been and will be.

Oh well, candle lit bath and soak (nice smelly candles) in my lovely bathroom and Hot Chock and biscuit after - slippers time.... mmmm. Catch up on sleep and back to the grind tomorrow. That will be the challenge for tomorrow then, think about that at 6am tomorrow...

TC all

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Kendra

Katie it was soooo great to meet you! 

Transition starts from within.  While there are physical details to deal with, this is all driven by our mental state and switching gears from years of other habits.  That's the foundation.  You have come so far, and I think you are much further along than you realised.  I am excited to be able to see firsthand just how far - and where you are going. 

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Kendra on September 23, 2018, 02:49:47 PM
Katie it was soooo great to meet you! 

Transition starts from within.  While there are physical details to deal with, this is all driven by our mental state and switching gears from years of other habits.  That's the foundation.  You have come so far, and I think you are much further along than you realised.  I am excited to be able to see firsthand just how far - and where you are going. 

Kendra

Why thank you Kendra, and your point about progress is one of the key notes that I have to think about and as I mentioned this morning I was starting to look through unclouded vision as to my real position on my journey, some physical, some mental and some social positions have indeed come and gone almost without my realising it. So 'Deep Thought' mode this week. Indeed I am talking with HR at work on progression tomorrow and this may be discussed.
So I think 'off with the old clouded glasses', indeed after my recent eye operation activities I don't physically need them any more so why do I mentally wear them still. Hmm I'm off on another ramble again, and my chock drink and Davina's biscuit are calling me from the kitchen, I can hear them quite clearly now.... etc..

Have a safe journey Kendra, and everyone else still travelling. It was soooooooo great meeting you as well :)

Night everyone

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Katie Jade

Copied from another thread called 'what are you having for Dinner 3.0;

Was going to be Genovese sponge but I used the wrong flour, the whipped cream returned to liquid and it was a disaster.. Trying to do this for a charity bake at work on Thursday, so I can have a couple of more attempts before then.

It was my first 'from basics' cake attempt though and I absolutely loved doing it.

Its in the bin now but here is a pic of the sponges I made after they returned from a balloon like state (i.e did a good impression of a collapsing star and left a black hole or N-Star in my cake making expectations tonight.. lol).
Tasted ok though and I did swallow it then binned the rest to save humanity from a deadful fate; Katies Cake Catastrophies...

Hopefully it will improve tomorrow if I get chance..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

;D ;D ??? ??? ??? ??? :o :o ;D :( ??? ::) :P :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

We all have baking disasters, look at it as practise . If in doubt do a Victoria mix as that's hard to mess up
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Hi Katie

I love to bake but worse I love to eat the stuff I bake. I experimented with making Fudge for awhile and that was a lot of fun although very fattening LOL

I have tried to bake sponges before and they always sink in the middle like a 20 year old mattress...although I always say its done be by design... you know, somewhere for the cream to sit LOL But then again when you are eating it you don't care a whole lot about how it looks.  :) As Davina said it takes practice....I would hate to think how many batches of shortbread I threw away until I could make it edible.

Great effort

take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Katie Jade

Thanks for the support girls, Sponge Mk 2 tonight, this time with plain flower. If its OK then I will keep it till tomorrow, make a MK3, take the best into work for Judging and give the other to my youngest son. No cake for me Im afraid, but will love the experience of making them, and giving them away for someone else to enjoy.

Im on the waggon regarding cake now, and other stuff for the time being.

Pics later hopefully.

Lun N Cakes

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on September 25, 2018, 11:34:44 AM
Thanks for the support girls, Sponge Mk 2 tonight, this time with plain flower. If its OK then I will keep it till tomorrow, make a MK3, take the best into work for Judging and give the other to my youngest son. No cake for me Im afraid, but will love the experience of making them, and giving them away for someone else to enjoy.

Im on the waggon regarding cake now, and other stuff for the time being.

Pics later hopefully.

Lun N Cakes

Katie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Great updates regarding your life events on your side of the pond....  Whenever I login to the Forums, your thread is one of my frequent stops,  particarly lately with all the other members from the Forums that you are meeting (and eating) with.   ...   Oh yeah, eating cake can be a wonderful thing, but like anything, too much is not beneficial to our figures.

Thank you for keeping all of your followers tuned into your life endeavors.
As always, wishing you well in your transition journey.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Halfway through #4 attempt (I have a lot of flour Frisbee's in the bin), I check the recipe elsewhere and it seems that in my recipe book  'Eggs' can mean with or without the yolks. They also refer to egg whites in other revipeis. Google cleared it up so I need a dozen more eggs tomorrow to try #5. So didnt want to waste anything anyway so I have added more flour and sugar to stiffen the mixture a lot and at least I get a steady rise across the cooking mixtures. Maybe a little too stiff as its only doubled in size. I will fill it with cream tomorrow and take it to work for my Engineers. Im practicing for the charity event so they shouldn't thinks anything of it (all the other entrants are cis women...) I will be a gracious looser on Thursday, hope I get an honourable mention... and Ive had a bit of fun anyway.
Pics..
Tomorrow so I can show you the finished beast :)

Luv n Cakes

Katie

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnmnomnomnomnom ???

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

•  

Katie Jade

Pics then, in rough chronological order and various #'s;

- leant up against toaster for effect - would have made a good hard hat...

- Still happy cooking though..

- Vegetarian tea (assuming goats cheese is OK.. was really good as well)

So onto tonight;

- better but still frizbees (taste OK though)

Final effort, didn't use any machines to whisk (Ex helped me there I did the rest... honest) also decided to change from 2 to a single cake tray - added 6 mins on cooking time to make it 33 mins.

- looking good

- Out and really pleased - note the attempt no 4 was being nibbled at and cut so maybe I make half a three layer cake..

- Success, so just have to cool it and all cream and fruit... Hope to goodness I don't mess that up...
Ill post a pic when finished.

Just to keep you amused - a bit of leg (Ooh cheeky!!)

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and me in my new helmet;;

- maybe go work on Friday on bike (Will use my old very smelly boys leathers though as not buying any nice ones until I loose more weight..)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Wow-zers.... very nice job on your cooking and baking adventure.   You pictures are wonderful to see.... hmmm, when is dinner served?  I will probably be late, perhaps by a day or two, it is quite a journey for me to get to your kitchen table.

Thank for your "decicious" post and your pictures.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 26, 2018, 03:54:39 PM
@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Wow-zers.... very nice job on your cooking and baking adventure.   You pictures are wonderful to see.... hmmm, when is dinner served?  I will probably be late, perhaps by a day or two, it is quite a journey for me to get to your kitchen table.

Thank for your "decicious" post and your pictures.
Hugs,
Danielle

Danielle et al.

It gets better.
Slicing the cake in two showed it was full cooked and really nice smelling. I hope I get chance to sample it in between meetings tomorrow...

so, here is proof;
The splitting of the cake;

Cream, Strawberry slices and more cream... - after rubbing icing sugar onto the sides (no, not to hide burn marks as there weren't any...)

More cream, raspberries and blueberries, with snow on the highest peaks as a homage to Alaskan friends and those dear friends so far away.....;

Then use one of yesterdays bakes to make a quarter cake for my BFF (Ex) and youngest son, as I posted before. They will get that tomorrow on my way to work..

I know my finishing is a bit rough and ready, but I think that's the charm of a first cake (on the 5th attempt). Now to perfect my skills on this one of billions of cake combinations..... I have a long way to go - loving it so much.

In case you wondered my tea yesterday was dry fried Halloumi, butter fried Courgettes and Mushrooms,  Aloo Gobi Saag (OK was from Aldi but 1/2 portion) and a dry fried tomato.
Loved it. Any other easy Veg recipes anyone? There is probably a thread I know..

Have fun and life gets better

Luv N hugz

Katie

:-*            ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
Yes, you are correct when you stated... "It's gets better"

My oh my, that cake that you made with the strawberries looks absolutely delicious... unfortunately it won't keep long enough for me to travel to you home and kitchen to sample it....

I think that I gained 5 pounds just by looking at the pictures!!!! ;)
Thank you for your tempting food postings.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 26, 2018, 04:46:56 PM
@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
Yes, you are correct when you stated... "It's gets better"

My oh my, that cake that you made with the strawberries looks absolutely delicious... unfortunately it won't keep long enough for me to travel to you home and kitchen to sample it....

I think that I gained 5 pounds just by looking at the pictures!!!! ;)
Thank you for your tempting food postings.
Hugs,
Danielle

And that's why Im selling it for charity.  Lost 2LB this week - no booze and veg diet (zero carb one..)
Starting upping exercise next week as well (time permitting)

TY for you lovely comments btw. You are a very welcome poster on my thread, I really do appreciate your taking care to make your comments  really warming. (Personal Hugz there btw)

BTW -sorted out a coming out at work plan with my HR manager. OMG... what am I doing (still loving it and don't care anymore - have suddenly got a lot more confidence, I think it was last weekends UK meet - up.. ).
Onwards and upwards girls...

Post some more drivel whenever something meaningful happens - Ill let you know if my cake sells out...

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*                                                    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Katie Jade on September 26, 2018, 03:24:16 PM
>

Had the same recipe surgically installed in July.  I can't remember the exact process, something about anesthesia.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Kendra on September 27, 2018, 06:51:59 AM
Had the same recipe surgically installed in July.  I can't remember the exact process, something about anesthesia.

Haha, very funny. To tell the truth the longer I watch them the more they grow on me (pun there somewhere..).

Off to support group tonight, so getting out of my 'drab' clothes and into something nice.

Going to work on the Motorcycle tomorrow. Should be fun. :)

Got to go - need to clear my face of fuzzy stuff and brighten my day. I don't think Xmas can come soon enough for me. I have a sneaky feeling that people are asking a lot of questions now. I keep getting  or hearing marginal comments. Went into work with freshly washed hair that was all fluffy.... its about half an inch past my collar now I think. I really should take some advice on styling it soon esp to cover the hairless bits...
Whatever, my friends are calling so Gn and talk soon

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•