Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Katie as time goes on you are getting more comfortable with yourself - I see this in your photos, in your everyday experiences, and in person when we met in September.  I am so happy for you! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Kendra on November 30, 2018, 05:56:57 PM
Katie as time goes on you are getting more comfortable with yourself - I see this in your photos, in your everyday experiences, and in person when we met in September.  I am so happy for you!

My dear Kendra how right you are. For the most part Im loving where I am now and relishing in the thoughts of where I will be in the coming months and years. Happiness is always welcome, I can surely feel it from you, even though you are so far away.

On another topic(s), my meds have been increased again, so that will be interesting to see what else happens as Im still quite achy in all the right place. I'm off Warfarin as well and onto a NOAC alternative, so I think as their effect isn't affected by alcohol or green leaf food stuffs, I can alter my diet a bit again (not the booze as Im well down on that with occasional drinks only). Unfortunately it means I can still eat all the cakes I seem to be making nowadays (my office co-workers are really happy to help dispose of cake remnants and even whole cakes on occasion..).

Talked to my friends in the village about my situation (as we haven't seen them for several months and I wasn't out to them), and they were very accepting, In fact I think that at least one of their kids is LGB or at least is looking to be when she grows up, and they also have relatives who are trans anyway. The lady of the house indicated that if I ever wanted to I could come over for drinks whether her husband was there or not. Hmm interesting. But as we have known them many years and they are honest nice people that's all good.

Last bit before I lie down again, is that I'm having the first cold of the season, so feeling physically grotty and headachy. But I'm still smiling as I'm realising my life to be what it should be. That will see me through anything, I know that to be so true.

Take care everybody

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-*

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

davina61

Just got over my first cold, took 4 days so hope yours ends quick.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on November 30, 2018, 08:39:44 AM
Pictures I should have posted earlier from Saturday;

Pics whilst shopping at Victoria Centre Nottingham;

And buying stuff and interacting with real people (lol);

All everyday boring stuff but was exciting.

Talk later

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Terrific pictures, thank you for sharing with your followers...

Yes indeed, you are doing "everyday stuff" ...
...that is so very enjoyable and nice, you should consider doing it more often as I am certain that you will be doing in the future.

You are looking like quite the female shopper at the shopping center!!!  :)
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Katie Jade

Gulp.... 3 working days left as 'him' then its all out in the open. About time I think. Will still have to be discrete about the village so that it minimises the potential of kids at my sons school finding out. That wouldn't be good for him, but as he has his A levels this year then its only a few months and I will try and do my food shopping out of the village. Ex is making sounds about my eldest living with me when he finishes Uni this year. Fat chance of that as there isn't room, and id loose out on my single person occupancy discounts. That is unless he has a job and can contribute. Truth be told if 'push comes to shove' then of course he will be staying here. Its just the 2am mid-week 'keeping Kate awake' regular occurrences wont be tolerated.
With my rise in meds to now double what they started out as (I'm loosing space on my legs for patches it seems), things are going again and definitely feel the blossoming again. Will need to try even harder at loosing a few stone.... As My Warfarin has been changed to a NOAC type then I can vary my diet a lot more which is good as it releases the green leaf stuff onto my plate more.
Still baking cakes, having 1 or 2 slices and taking them into work. My Engineers are even asking when Im doing the next one, which was actually yesterday.
The cake, a carrot and ginger cake (again), if /was for the visit of my mother, Aunt, Sister in law and cousin, tomorrow :o :o :o :o :o :o.
So the house will be full of girls tomorrow. Its mums first time with Katie, so I need to make it extra nice and special for her without overdoing it. I just want her to like me. She is finding it very hard to adjust but this is such a big step for both of us. Dad isn't coming, but then again I don't expect him to for a long time if ever.
We aren't just eating cake of course, Sue  (cousin) is bringing a cooked chicken, I'm doing salad, olives, warm bread, pate, baked potatoes coleslaw, and drinkies as necessary. House has been cleaned downstairs and I'm about to do upstairs, so Ill leave off here I think.
Oh and Ill have to finish drying and ironing the weeks haul of washing.. That's after I have been down to Aldi for some salad stuff of course. Definitely finishing here...

(I think I need a few more photos to post so let me see if I can remember tomorrow)

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

davina61

Yes glue marks on the legs, hardly cleaned it of one area before its time to stick one back on that side again. Made my sister a choc/orange cake and gave it to her today as we both had lunch with mum and aunty. Will wait to see if it was any good. So the Katie countdown is nearly over, I am sure it will go fine dear. Got the Christmas decorations up yet??
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Dear Davina
Yes I have them up, or at least my half of them so they are pretty sparse but tree looks nice. Ill try and post a pic or two.  Tree isn't big as the room is very busy anyway.
Hope you and your BFF mend quickly (but be careful) so you can enjoy this Xmas, its going to be a good one  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.
TC
Luv n Hugz

Katie

•  

Katie Jade

OK , where to start.
Offered a lift up to 'Leeds First Friday' (look it up), and had already been offered a bed for the night, but had to refuse both as I couldn't be in a state for my mums visit on Saturday. Anyway spent the night cleaning crockery, and the house generally.
So big day arrives and Im tidying up again, finishing off ironing  (as usual) and putting together the buffet, salad and stuff. (Sorry no pics, was too busy and forgot,, again...)
Put the potatoes in foil , add a bit of water and in to the oven to bake for 2 hrs on low heat. 10 Minutes before the ladies arrival I pop the bread in and turn the heat up, jacket potatoes out of the foil and into the higher heat to crisp up the skins a bit.
Anyway the lades arrive, first Cousin ('S') with 3 bunches of flowers, and Xmas cards, then my Godmother ('J')with a bottle of wine for Xmas, followed by my younger brothers fiancée (Lets call her 'C'). Finally mum enters, looks at me and smiles and I knew everything was really going to be OK. 'Hello Katie' she says and we have a really big hug, tears welling up, and my heart doing flips. Yes, its definitely going to be ok.
Well got everyone a drink, tea, white wine and diet soda. And gradually the chatting accelerates and we all become acquainted to each other. I have only ever briefly talked to 'C' a couple of times before. As she hadn't been to any of my houses ever, so took her on a mini tour, and chatted. She was so warm and accepting I know she will be a really good friend and ally in the years to come. We had a bit more of a chat before descending to the lounge again, and we briefly touched on my situation, but no more, she was really thinking ahead and what we could do to get my father on-board. Lots of cunning plans will come out of this I am sure.
Back to the lounge and out with the buffet which was chicken dish (by 'S') my potatoes salad and all sorts of accompaniments, bread butter dressings, humus, olives etc etc.
Despite us all eating, the noise level rose and the laughter and subjects talked about were lovely (Sheep, mad black cows, footpaths, mad me in the village that 'S' and 'C' live in ('S' is a farmers with and ex advertising exec..). I felt fully part of the group and could feel the intense difference between women's talk and that of a men. I know which one I prefer.
Lots more chatting and jokes and stuff until I reminded them that they still had my cake to go, Carrot and Ginger cake, With a thick cream layer - very scrummy.... It was (as I expected of course) hailed as a success, and 'C' asked me to supply a few cakes for a charity cake sale she want to do next year. Lovely. Certainly I will do that.
I suppose the many subjects we talked about will all resurface as time goes on but I was completely blown away by their full acceptance and absolute love that was shown me. I could not have been happier.
Well after 3 hours they had to leave, with lots of promises of doing another in the new year, this time at 'C's' house, and still definitely no men (my brother had wanted to come as well but was shooed away apparently). 'C' and 'S' are plotting to get my father to come round, its so lovely of them to help.
Well I got compliments in the way I dressed and presented myself (I was conservative in my attire) and although still recovering from a cold, they said that my voice is getting there as far as they could hear.
On her way out I looked my mum in the face and told her I loved her, and said to look into my eyes as I will always be here for her. She gave me a big hug and said good bye to me, signing off with a 'See you tomorrow then Katie' Which was so good to hear.
Well, I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day, hardly noticing the clearing up (not much in reality as they had helped before leaving).
I slept so well last night, and am in a really good mood today, even if I was back in boy mode (Ewwww) to go and see my Mum and Dad for her birthday. Got a Christmas card off mum addressed to Katie as well. Dad more reserved in his approach to me, but he still loves me I know that. Time will heal there I know.
So that was my weekend.
Back to an exciting week at work.

3 Working days to go there and I can ditch the 'Drab' clothing. Cant wait I think. I hope that I don't get called into too many meetings with Directors before they and all the staff are briefed, but as Im working from home for a couple of days after my meeting with my managers and HR, that should be Ok.

Phew... What the future holds I don't know but I have a really good chance of having a really happy and loving time.

So happy at the moment.

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

I did remember to get a shot of the Xmas tree though (Note basically 95% of my decos are on this tree.... Ill get more for next year)

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

KathyLauren

How lovely to hear about the accepting and supportive women in your family!  What a lovely day!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 09, 2018, 03:12:18 PM
How lovely to hear about the accepting and supportive women in your family!  What a lovely day!
Yes, I was quite amazed. Maybe through the 'fog' of my issues I couldn't see how much they cared for me. Lovely indeed.

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

That was lovely, glad it all went well. That's all the decorations I have as well just the tree. Big day soon then , go take them girl. XXXXXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 09, 2018, 03:15:02 PM
Yes, I was quite amazed. Maybe through the 'fog' of my issues I couldn't see how much they cared for me. Lovely indeed.

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
An amazing update regarding your family gathering...  I am so very happy for you....
I have read your last few updates several times now, I wanted to capture every happy and affirming word as you described your recent events.

Your Christmas decorations look very nice and quite pretty.

Thank you again for sharing your happy events with all of us.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Katie Jade

Dear Davina and Danielle
Thanks for you posts, I do like both your comments on my stuff,  it does make it worth posting as I know two friends (amongst others of course) are reading it and I love your responses so keep them coming ladies :).

Ahem...... yes I suppose the spelling mistakes and abbreviated sentences make easy sense to me but I suppose they don't read easily to others maybe. Sorry was being a bit lazy with my diction there. Ill try harder next time but I hope you got the glorious feelings that I have.
Im well aware that there are challenges going forward but that's life and I'm getting on with it. Work, family, love (no idea what or when that will happen if ever). I suppose in some perverse way I'm looking forward to whatever life will now throw at me. Live life, Love life.

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D

•  

Kendra

KATIE!!  Your avatar - holy smoke.  Your updated avatar is stunning. 

And thinkin' about 3 days from now, what a milestone and a great thing that will be. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

davina61

BTW you have PM (sorry cant resist ) >:-)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

2 days to go - OMG!!!

Thank you ladies.

Kendra for your kind appreciation of the FaceApp pic (did try and mention it was one below the Avatar), but gives me an idea what I could have looked like, maybe. And I like the pic anyway, I can see so much of myself in it. It will get changed to a normal pic when I take some more. Food for thought going forwards though....

Davina - We just need to set a day for the 'wardrobe assembly inspection' I need to do at your place. Send me a few dates and we can fix it. Looks like a potentially busy holiday period coming up for me, out and about, nice.

Anyway, today my direct boss asked me to cover in several meetings the end of this week and next week, with the global directors. I had to say I couldn't as I would be working from home due to personal circumstances, anyway I thought it would not be right to drop Katie on them in the middle of a series of key meetings, but didn't tell him that. I apologised but said it would be a bad idea due to circumstances. He was crestfallen and said he would find someone else. He is not 'in the know' and it will possibly be a bit of a blow for him on Thursday, but he will get over it I am sure and see that I am even more productive, when I have settled down a bit. The management style at work is a bit 1980/1990's though... we will see.

Not much else really except Im off to T night at the local gay pub in the city. It doesnt get too busy though as not much goes on in Derby...

Oh, and my recent increase in hormones are definitely kicking in with progress on all fronts, one 'front' in particular. Yay!!

So till next time, take care;

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;)

•  

pamelatransuk

Katie

So uplifting to read of your wonderful weekend and that things are progressing so well and that you are so, so happy.

Excellent avatar also.

I wish you all the best with going fulltime on Thursday. I know it will go well then and always thereafter.

At last everyone will see the true you and you will have the burden lifted forever!

Special Hugs

Pamela  xxxx

•  

davina61

So if its 80s/90s at work do you have to wear padded shoulders and power suits????
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

I had typed a really nice reply but it got lost due to MS 'perfect software' glitch... Anyhow
In summary
1. Davina - yes looking forwards to wearing the old stuff again and kicking ass like a true Southfork Bytch (lol, seriously!!!!)
2. Signed my personal letter to all my colleagues today to go with the briefing on Thursday. First Katie Signature on any document - yay
3. Signed and dated my deed polls , so formally Katie now when I let them know so its Driving licence, banks, mortgages, Utilities, Pensions, Insurances, passport etc (Do we have problems travelling on a passport that says female when we are pre-OP?).
4. More Director meetings on Thursday which will co-inside with the mandatory HR ones, lets see who wins (Either way they will go ahead just a pity these 'planning ' meetings the directors need are screwing up all the deliverables they are planning to manage - what a lot of toss..s, maybe they need to understand no action is without effects, good and bad... )
5. Cant remember anything else except my other favourite aunt (used to be a gogo dancer in the 60's..... ) was told by my mum about me and all she said was she was sorry that this had happened and glad that I am now getting the happiness I deserve, awww bless, she was so nice. She will remember my name as she used to train puppies for 'guide dogs for the blind' and her first puppy was called Katie (I met that pup as well I remember). So another family hurdle done as well. Im waiting for her daughter to contact me as she and I got on so well. Hmmm, is there a reason I got on so well with all the girls in my family, more than the other boys anyway.

Its late I need to get in work early tomorrow to do prep for 'Planning',

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•