News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Jade

Hi everybody

No more full days at work in 'drab' mode and wrong name :)
Just tomorrow morning for a couple of hours then working at home until Tuesday in agreement with HR.
Cool.

Came out just a few hours in advance to a couple of ladies at work, and they were so positive and offered help and stuff. looks nice. In reality they are lovely women anyway, and so appreciative of pre-notice, and I work with them on other stuff so we get on anyway in a professional way. I discussed where I am socially with one of them (a manager) and I did say that I would apologise in advance as I am likely to make a few bloopers, and she said that that was understandable and would help if she saw me making any which was really nice. She said it wouldn't be a problem with any of the other girls anyway as they understood (Hmm, smells like my secret may have leaked out a bit....)

Also, a manager I came out to last week (bloke) took me aside and said if there was any thing he could help with then let him know, or if I needed to chat about anything  etc. Really sweet of him. So I can now go to a panel of people for advice, or as sounding boards for stuff. Also my friend Tina says she cant wait as she is fed up of avoiding me at work so as not to unintentionally out me.
So, tomorrow will be another milestone, followed by Tuesday as first full day in work as me (OMG what will I wear...). My Ex is coming over in the morning before I leave for work to make sure that I look OK and have everything for the day...
Cant wait really.

Quite looking forward to all this now.

And my Chinese manufactured UGG Australia boots arrived (at £12 whey are counterfeits Im sure), Im wearing them in as I type.

So, all is looking positive now.

name and gender change on about 200 accounts to come, and I will have to release funds from my pensions before I change names I think, not certain how that will happen. Oh well, bureaucracy rules it seems...

Till next time

Take care, Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :-* :-* :-* :-* ;) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Lisa89125

Katie, I'm so happy for you. Coming out can be the most challenging whether it be to friends/family or at work. Congratulations on taking this big step in your journey.

Hugs,

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Katie Jade

Massive day today - ill update tomorrow
GN
XOX

Katie

:-*      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? ??? ??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :'( ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

OK, lets see, yesterday, ah yes..

I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so got in work an hour early as well. Not many in at that time - 6:30ish but the place soon filled up.
At 9am I went up to the board room to find the site managers there with HR, so in I go (Butterflies in my stomach were more like the size of pterodactyls...).
HR had already done the company bit to the managers, so it was timed perfectly. Everyone welcomed me by my name and properly gendered me all through the meeting. I read out the personal letter I had created for the site brief to them (I wanted this as the HR stuff was quite formal feeling and this is such a personal issue it needed something personal to show its true nature) and they started asking questions, interjected with comment about how they may not understand how I felt  but also how the hell I had coped with this all these years. I explained the internalising I had done, my upbringing and that on a few occasions the whole thing had got unbearable, but without too much details. They were most respectful and genuinely concerned. There followed lots of other questions and comments from them, like how they had not seen anything, to which I responded that was not surprising as I avoided anything that may have outed me in the past, skirted or changed conversations  and anyway I had been doing it for so very long I should be good at hiding by now.
Lots of polite questions around my progress, hopes for the future and these were all received well I think.
We discussed next steps for the Company and then I left. Simple as that, 30 mins tops. So I went and got my stuff and went home to work there until I next go in on the 18th.

After a few minutes it really sunk in and I started to smile, inside and out.

Well I had done it and a lifetime of waiting and fearing and such junk started to fall away. Brilliant.

Logging into the work IT systems from home, I already had a couple of emails offering support and help if I needed it, congratulations from HR and personal messages from many of the site managers.

The site managers in the meantime had had a meeting with their reports and had started to roll out the briefing about me, and it had been taken really well by everyone it seems, many linking it with bouts of depression and such like that I have had over the last few years. People had also declared that they would ensure that my starting at work would be fully supported and that they would ensure I was helped my until I got acclimatised into my role at work.
During the rest of the day I received several phone calls updating me on feedback around work, all positive, and loads of emails wishing me luck on my journey as the like.

It will take a couple of days to brief the whole site, sister sites in Sweden and Italy that I work a lot with and also 2 sites in India that do a lot of Engineering for me.

So its a bit of a semi-global coming out I think (not certain if the Canadian sites will get it, but the German and French ones will have it focussed on those with whom I work directly). It seems to be working well, and HR want to use the briefing and process as a standard for the future.

So, Im taken aback by the level of offered support and good wishes I have received, I know there will be dissenters and suchlike but who cares about them.

So that's me done now it seems.

This afternoon, Im of for ear piercing, laser and then maybe a meal out with a couple of girls, but last one is in doubt as I have developed a real bad cold over night. Its like the ones I get for a couple of days at the start of holidays. Maybe the loss of stress causes it.

As ever, Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D >:( :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

davina61

Just going to send you a message when this appears, well done dear glad it all went smoothly . Now get over that cold and come visit!!! Recon you need one of these :icon_bunch:
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: davina61 on December 14, 2018, 04:18:18 AM
Just going to send you a message when this appears, well done dear glad it all went smoothly . Now get over that cold and come visit!!! Recon you need one of these :icon_bunch:
Thanks. As garden is just grass and needs sorting next year, I have 3 vases full of flowers at the moment. Living room smells gorgeous.
I will organise dates soon.
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Katie!  Coming out is always stressful.  I am so glad it went so smoothly and your company and coworkers are being supportive!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kendra

KATIE!!  You did it!  So proud of you - and what you have done makes it easier for others in the future. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

pamelatransuk

Congratulations Katie. I am truly delighted that things went so brilliantly on Thursday and that you have so much support at work.

Enjoy the weekend, next week, Christmas and most relevantly the rest of your life!

Special Hugs again

Pamela xxxx

•  

Katie Jade

Thank you all, Kathy, Kendra and Pamela for you kind words. Yes it has been a busy week.
In addition I did go out last night, first time to a restaurant in a dress (always a skirt and top before), for an Xmas meal with my friends Vanessa and Tina, I was a bit of a gooseberry but they are nice and kind friends. Anyway I invited them back for a drink afterwards so that's OK.

Pic of me ready to go out;

And then after the Dim Sum starter;

I was in my favourite blue dress and a black lace bolero but the ladies looked very lovely  with Tina in a blue velvet oriental dress and Vanessa in a Black and silver sequin outfit, both looked very glam.

It was a lovely meal and the last outing of the year for all of us together.

Smashing.

Anyway after that meal I know its proper diet time again soon, so enjoyed it whilst I can (And Xmas of course...)

Next big thing, back to work on Tuesday, but I know that will be fine.

Ear piercings were Ok yesterday and have a nice pair of diamanté gold studs making a home in my earlobes now, placed so I still have the option for another piercing in the future. The piercings themselves are OK, no swelling or anything. So that's all good.
Laser yesterday was  at a higher setting and I've got a few spots coming now but we discussed progress, and Im onto Electrolysis in a few weeks time. Wont that be fun. Doing it fortnightly first to see how my face gets on with it though. Now where was that numbing gel....?

Anyway,  Im sure I will keep you all entertained with my bits of life going on here. Im off food shopping in an hour or two, jeans and boots this time I think.... and a nice top of course, but as the temperatures are freezing now, it will be under a suitably furry hooded coat.

Ill love you and leave you, take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :-* :-* ;D ;D

•  

davina61

Well hold off the diet till after you have been to me!!!!! Looks like you had a good time with the girls. XXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
WOW-WHEE... your latest several updates have been a treat for me and all of your readers and followers to read...
.... and you looked so very pretty in your blue dress and with your girlfriends at dinner.

I am so very happy that your coming-out event at your company went so very well....  with that big weight off of your shoulders and off of your mind... what a big relief for you I am certain.  Now you can more freely express yourself... and live with much less stress.

Thank you for keeping us all updated, and I will be eagerly looking for more posts from you
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle.

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 15, 2018, 12:08:40 PM
Laser yesterday was  at a higher setting and I've got a few spots coming now but we discussed progress, and Im onto Electrolysis in a few weeks time. Wont that be fun. Doing it fortnightly first to see how my face gets on with it though. Now where was that numbing gel....?

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :-* :-* ;D ;D

Please don't worry about Electrolysis - you will be OK, it is not as painful as some would have you believe. I started with 30 minutes sessions but then progressed to 60 minutes. Not a walk in the park but it is tolerable and the ladies in the salon are always so pleasant and supportive!

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Katie Jade

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for the support. Im straight in with 2 hour sessions fortnightly. I think I may need the numbing gel...
And yes they look after us very well.
GTG , working from home and in work tomorrow..
Luv n Hugs

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :angel:

•  

Katie Jade

Hi everyone
Nice bit today; Working from home today before going in work for my first day at work being me, fully. So anyway over lunch I went out and called in at the local Chemist to get some stuff for de-congesting my chest after that last cold, which is almost gone btw. Well, to make sure I get the right potion, they asked what meds Im on. Then they went to check them on their medical records as I get my repeat prescriptions from there. so they asked my surname, which I gave, then first line of my address and finally my first name to which I said that I would be on their records as (insert dead name here).
At which both pharmacists looked up and did a double take for a couple of seconds. The lady Pharmacist smiled and said, yes OK, good , I have you now. Clearly they hadn't realised I was trans and saw just another woman with a coughy distorted cold type voice. I was most chuffed.
As on other posts, we cant see ourselves as others see us, and our memories of our former selves are slow to change visually so I still see my former self in the mirror, others keep telling me they don't and they see someone new.  Tomorrow will be a biggie then going in work 'a la me' mode. Looking forward to it. I think the fear has been broken now.
A good day again. Maybe I should play the Lottery....

Tonight I should be going to the Monday night chat at the pub again. Maybe meet some new friends.

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) ;D ;D :-* :-*

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 17, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
> we cant see ourselves as others see us, and our memories of our former selves are slow to change visually so I still see my former self in the mirror, others keep telling me they don't and they see someone new. 

Yes - this, exactly.  I have also experienced this and still occasionally do.  The brain has momentum.   ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

davina61

Ditto, have a good day tomorrow XXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Kendra on December 17, 2018, 12:31:40 PM
Yes - this, exactly.  I have also experienced this and still occasionally do.  The brain has momentum.   ;)

Dear Kendra
Yes that is so true. Even tonight I'm looking forward to tomorrow going in work as it has been run through in my head so many times it feels like I have been and done this  many times already. Various scenarios have been played out as well so I shouldn't be surprised. Taking some hankies along in case though.

Tonight however I decided not to go out to the pub as I need to get an early nights sleep as my morning routing isn't settled by any means. Oh well, there will be another time.

Possibly post another update tomorrow after work.

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D :o :P :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

OK
First full working day as me.
What a doddle. Not all of it really. Took me 90 minutes to get ready, much too long, but as I woke up early then I was only a few minutes late. Navy with white dots blouse, my usual skater skirt, black, my favourite black cardi, red Jacket and my fur hooded rain coat on top. I found juggling a large laptop bag (takes 3 laptops) and my overfilled shopping bag handbag thing, was difficult especially as it was raining and quite blustery. Anyway got to work and my friend Tina met me at the car park turnstile to walk me to my desk. That was kind of her, just so I wasn't going in on my own for my first day. She has taken a coupe of photos with colleagues which I will post later (minus faces as its unlikely for them to give permission).
All this was nice and early, even before the coffee shop was open so I had to do some work before my morning coffee.. Anyway eventually went to the coffee shop and the baristas were lovely, making my usual skinny latte, got some words of encouragement as well. So nice.
By now most of my engineers were in, all correctly naming me, all good again, and all quite polite and seemingly happy with the situation. I couldn't have asked for more. I had several meetings with various people and groups throughout the day and they all took time and welcomed me to the company. I thought that was such a nice touch as well. I had 1 on 1 chats with several people as well, all concerned that it was all going well today, I could feel the genuine warmth of their comments.
I had a debrief  mid afternoon with my HR lady, and she was so happy everything was going well. She had been inundated with comments on how well the whole thing went, on our summarising of the situation and handouts for people. It was confirmed that some of the senor managers had already take up actions to help with my integration at work, as Katie. All good stuff and all going in the right direction. I has several seasonal cards  and even a present of a colleagues wife that I wasn't expecting. Wow... I am quite taken aback by the whole situation, and I have been smiling inside and out all day.
So, I have to bake a cake for tomorrows fuddle (use the UK urban dictionary in a Derbyshire context to decipher that.._) so I had better get a move on.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, and the funny thing is, it did feel today, like I was not doing this for the first time, and I was quite calm all day long.

Very Happy at  the moment

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(Ill post pics later when Tina sends them to me and if they are OK)

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
WOW... a wonderfully affirming update regarding your full day at work... thank you for sharing with all of us.

Oh yeah, as you described your getting ready for work experience, for sure as a woman I found that it can take many times longer that it was as a man to get fixed up, dressed and ready to go to work.  Enjoy the experience of hair, makeup, nails, clothing choices, trying on clothes and changing your mind, etc...  In my case, instead of 10 or 15 minutes it is now at least 45 minutes to over an hour....  :)

I also found that as a woman, that people that I interfaced with were more concerned about me, greeted me, complimented me, etc.....   much more so that as a man that I would receive.   Again, enjoy the experience.

I see that you even got a compliment from the Coffee Shop Barista...   if you recall from reading my thread that my local Coffee Shop Barista is my Suitor#5   ....  hmmm  ;)

Good luck with your "fuddle" taking place at your work tomorrow and the cake you are planning to bring. 

What kind of CAKE will you be baking?  Is CHOCOLATE one of the ingredients???

Again, Katie, thank you for keeping your thread up to date ... and it is wonderful to read such good news!!!  ... and I will be looking forward to seeing the photos that you will hopefully be posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •