Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Jade

Davina
Yes I agree, but today he didn't comment about my plethora of rings and even my pierced ears or shoulder length natural hair. He was somewhat doped up though, as they (NHS) are still trying to organise an anaesthetist. He does seem to favour broken legs though, twice on his right leg (Motorcycle many years ago and the aforementioned car accident) and now by dog on his left leg. You have to side with him that he has had some bad luck, and he was so pleased to see me. Cant fault that.
As for me - into bank tomorrow to try and change account names etc. Will take Deed polls, current driving licence and utility bill. If they need the amended driving licence then it will all have to wait until Im next on holiday probably over Easter.... Looks like the possibility of a big merry-go-round here...

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* ;D ;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

davina61

Mine were fine with deed poll, good luck.XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Helo Katie,
I'm just catching up with your thread, I have bookmarked it now!   Sorry to hear of your dad's accident. 

You certainly look great and your reception at work was a wonderful piece to read!  You're an inspiration.

Cheers, Judi :icon_cute:
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Katie

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope an anaesthetist has now been found. I hope dad soon recovers and that ALL your family soon accept you.

Good luck with the relevant name changes. Enjoy the remainder of the holiday period.

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Katie Jade

2nd attempt here, Im sure someone is hacking the UK network and especially my connections - lol - fool them if they are..

Judi - thanks for indulging in my drudgy stuff, but you are welcome, please interject with witticisms and comments, anything to help us all on our way. I take criticism very well as I so clearly know I'm not perfect, far from, but slowly edging my way forward as we all are.
And looking forward to next Wednesday which is first day back with my 2 line manager in residence since my red letter day and coming out.... lets see. I can take it even if they cant, that seems to be a trans trait that we know about but they don't. Just steel yourself and all rubbish just bounces off and is worthless, or something like that..

Davina and Pamela, thanks for your concern. Dad was under the knife earlier and I got a sort of thumbs up a couple of hours ago but they haven't said anything else to me despite me calling them a few times. Not happy about that but there again Im starting to expect that from my Brothers and Mum... true colours? or just the same as ever, couldn't care less. Its OK im bigger that that anyway.

Sent of for New driving licence, name at Doctors changed so new NHS number soon,  Bank appointment to change on Monday and  need photo ID for change of mortgages (I have 3, that's why Im skint..). Still many, many name changes to do. Passport needs a new driving licence and letter from Doctors, so all in progress. Need to do Car Insurance asap though... Local authority, insurances, utilities, electoral register etc etc......

Oh dear too much to think about (current pension changed, need to do my 7 legacy ones and my state pension - thank heaven I will only ever do it once), Id better have a slow gin, chill then off to bed to visit Davina tomorrow (its the same time to get to my Dad so that's OK..).

Gn All

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :o ;D

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 28, 2018, 04:50:48 PM

Sent of for New driving licence, name at Doctors changed so new NHS number soon,  Bank appointment to change on Monday and  need photo ID for change of mortgages (I have 3, that's why Im skint..). Still many, many name changes to do. Passport needs a new driving licence and letter from Doctors, so all in progress. Need to do Car Insurance asap though... Local authority, insurances, utilities, electoral register etc etc......

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :o ;D

Katie

That is interesting. I really thought NHS number would remain the same on change of name and of gender.

Secondly as I will be doing all this in Summer, I was minded to change everything APART FROM those about to expire (eg why change utility company if you expect to change to another utility company a few months later) but I have recently just like you decided to change the lot. I now think it wise that those about to expire ARE INFORMED as new utility company which I may later join would wish to contact the expiring one!

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Katie Jade

Dear Pamela
Well thats what the Doctors manager said to me. Not certain if she is an expert though....

As for the rest I will progress them as I can. One building society needs photo ID, but my bank only needs the deed poll.

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-\ :-\ :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :o ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D

•  

davina61

See you got back OK , hungry yet?? Enjoyed myself, its nice to have company
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Hi, yes - journey was uneventful but slow. And no, I am still not hungry, too full of good nosh indeed. I don't think I will eat until tomorrow lunchtime. Just enough room for a G&T in a min I think...
Ill have another go at uploading some photos from my mobile tomorrow, but Microsoft (That saviour of the IT support people - it gives then so much work I think) has done another update and as usual its screwed up loads of settings, especially access to my far-east manufactured mobile...
Anyway off to see my Dad tomorrow as he will be in hospital for a few more days. He has more metal in his legs now than Ironman I think. Just not as fast anymore. He played his last competitive game of rugby when he was 60, that's some going I think.
Any-hoo, thanks for today, was quite a chilled time, I can confirm your wardrobe is quite massive and working well, more so than the pictures can portray, and you are definitely in good fettle (apart from the wrist which I could see was troubling you, make sure your lawyer gets everything out of your works for that assault. How could they employ someone with such a deplorable mental state, it beats me....).
Not much left to say but my shopping trip with my Ex seems to be doomed for the time being, but its on a rain-check for now.

So Gn
Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( 8) 8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :-* ;) ;) ;) :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

Hi

I have not been able to upload photos yet from my visit to Davinas, the software isn't working still..

However, this is the last day of a very eventful year for me;

Medical treatment started in January
Sold house as I split from my wife of 26 years - we are still married though and great friend - and bought another just for me,
Registered at GIC (although when I get an appointment I don't know, will have been full time for years by then I think)
First Sparkle event
Several trips to Nottingham, day and night, sober and not...
Trip to Birmingham to see the ladies from 'Susans'.
Out shopping, groceries, clothes, window shopping, etc
Out at work
Out full time (Apart from visits to parents but that will change next year)
Name changing in progress; Bank done, Doctors done, driving licence applied for, one pension done, 5 others to do...
And a lot more of course...

I wonder what next year will bring, I cant wait. :)

So, today, I went shopping  with my Ex after dropping into my bank and getting my name changed on all my accounts. New cards and bank books on the way.

Part of me, just a minute teeny weeny part, still questions my actions, but that just means I keep reaffirming what I am doing, quite regularly.

So off to Boots for makeup and shampoo, M&B for some cereals, Primark, M&S, and a couple of other stores looking at all the items on sale, unfortunately I will need to loose a chunk of weight again to get into some of those lovely dresses.
Had a coffee in an open cafeteria in the centre of the shopping mall, absolutely no issues for me, got a few looks but most people didn't care, which is the same feeling as me then. Loved it all.

Im really happy at the moment and my life is opening up like a fresh blossom. I smile inside in my heart as well as outwardly, and I have been told that it is noticeable. Awesome.

Not heard today how my Dad is. When we saw him yesterday he was quite agitated as he couldn't do anything, not surprising, but his wound has stopped bleeding so that is positive at least. He has to be able to stand and move around and then be signed off by 2 doctors before he can leave the hospital. He is quite impatient though which wont help him. Also he is unlikely to be allowed to go home initially as my parents live in an old cottage, with a narrow stairs and it will be difficult for him to get around. He will end up going into a care facility which he will hate as well. I pity my mom really, as he is quite abrupt and sometimes downright rude to her at the moment. Still he will have to learn that that wont help anyone especially him for the foreseeable future.
So we have organised a roster, and I am taking my Mom to see him Thursday night, directly after work, so I wont have changed into 'drab' clothing, Mom wasn't enthralled by this news, but that's tough. And as my father is non-accepting, I wont be visiting him either so Ill stay in the carpark probably.

Anyway, That's it for today I think, not much else to say, not going out tonight, I will leave this year behind. I wonder where I will be this time next year. Happy and healthy I hope.

Best wishes to everyone on Susans, have a great new year, and I look forward to seeing some of you over the coming year.

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :angel: ;) ;) ;) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*

•  

Kendra

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 31, 2018, 08:33:14 AM
>
Had a coffee in an open cafeteria in the centre of the shopping mall, absolutely no issues for me, got a few looks but most people didn't care, which is the same feeling as me then. Loved it all.

Im really happy at the moment and my life is opening up like a fresh blossom. I smile inside in my heart as well as outwardly, and I have been told that it is noticeable. Awesome.

Katie you made my day reading this.  And now maybe you understand why several months ago I told you - you are an inspiration to many others, and to me.  You are increasingly at ease doing things that were unimaginable or nearly impossible a few months ago.  A few months from now you'll find it just as unimaginable to go back to the previous way, as you gain and earn the rewards of living life the way you define it. 

Best wishes for your dad's recovery and leaving the hospital.  It's unfortunate he doesn't understand your transition, maybe he will over time but some people get set into their ways and fail to acknowledge the world can change.  I think you're handling this as well as possible. 

Here's to 2019 - and you'll be wearing that dress you have your eye on. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Katie Jade on December 31, 2018, 08:33:14 AM

Very good!  One of the most important lessons to learn early on is that others are not actually actively hunting us, that it is unlikely that folks at the mall are there to play "Spot the Transgender People", but they are simply trying to get through their day, cross the street without getting run over, not be late to their next meeting, and trying to figure out how to reply to that e-mail.

I often take folks just starting out to get coffee or even lunch, and we will sit down in an area of tables in a nearby mall to chat and enjoy coffee.  I may introduce them to people-watching, looking at wardrobes, styles, even movement, as a way for them to become more comfortable in public and find their own style.  (I've done this with a few members of this site!)

Katie Jade, I am glad you are becoming so much more comfortable with being yourself.  Wonderful to read all of this!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

Welcome to my world, found its ok to go out without makeup in jeans and top .Happy new year dear , may you have all you want.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
I have so much enjoyed your updates as you progress through your journey. 
Obviously some bumps in the road that all of us experience but your good news outshines any of that.

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.
Hugs and more hugs....
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Katie Jade

Hi everybody, welcome to 2019!!

Thanks to Kendra, Michelle, Davina and Danielle for your kind words. And indeed everyone else for reading my little journal of my faltering and hesitant steps on my journey.
You are all inspiring in your own ways and I am privileged to know you, and I thank you for the support given last year.
I recognize and try to support others in what is a difficult journey, as indeed you all do. We need to keep on inspiring each other, for you are all inspirational to me in you own special ways.

I have a glass of wine waiting for me to toast the new year so I bid you all Adieu,

Take care

Luv and immeasurable hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :) :) :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ^-^ ^-^ :police: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* :P 8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :icon_drunk: :icon_drunk: :icon_headfones: :icon_headfones: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_yes: :icon_yes: :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

•  

Katie Jade

Hi all

Quick post as I'm busy, but just to let you know that all 'his' stuff has been packaged up for either passing to a charity, binning or for my Sons to check if they need anything. I'm sure my eldest will put the leather jackets on eBay etc to make a few nicker.
Its funny but it sort of feels like a bereavement or something similar without the sadness. Just a funny feeling. Not quite elation either. Except for when I see the amount of free space I have in the wardrobes now, and the large number of unused hangers. If it wasn't January and being virtually broke after Xmas I would go shopping....
Anyway that's it, sort of a non-day today.
Ill think about eating soon as my poached egg on toast for breakfast is almost all used up it seems, and hunger beckons shortly.

Still trying to download pictures, so when I do you will get a splurge of them covering the last few posts probably.

Anyway - for those going back to work tomorrow, have fun.

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o ::) ::) :icon_dance: :-* :'( :angel: :angel: ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

Gosh, its almost a year on hormones, and I said I would post some before pics... I pity you all when I do... in which case I had better start looking for some reasonably postable ones...

TC

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*    >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) :police: :police: >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) ??? ??? ( ;D :angel: :angel: :angel::o :o

•  

Katie Jade

Quick note on today at work etc.
Items of interest;
     A couple of the senior engineering architects and Chief Engineers who were not in work at the end of last year came over and congratulated me, had a quick chat and said they respected me a lot for doing it and hoped it was all going well, really nice of them.
     Got my ID card with my picture on it as well and the Security Lady said I looked a lot better now, so that's someone else whos said that, another of my lady engineers said it suited me more as well, all good things to hear.
     Dads still not right in hospital and hes unlikely to get out for several days yet. I think his agitated state isnt helping him certainly as well as the pain killers hes on. I really feel for him as he used to be such a busy man, and reduced to his current situation. Age is horrible to us, I can see that.
     Enough, Im not talking about that again tonight, so Im off to the store for general groceries and such stuff. Eldest is coming round to take what he can of my old stuff after that so Id better get a move on.

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Kate

:-*    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( >:( :icon_bumdance-nerd: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D

•  

davina61

Got some goodies to make a apricot and pecan cake, well I have some dried apricots that need using. Also an Eves pudding as BFF gave me pears before she went on hols (ok I know it should be apples) most of which I will try to give away ,diets on-----
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

note to self; when I fall in love the this will have to play on repeat a lot.... I find it so superbly sensual...

Will have to be on repeat all night and day...

Sorry  its not perfect and some may know, but its  a good revision...

When I hear Canon or Canon Rock it just changes my mood and makes me happier.

Luv n Hugz

•