Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Katie Jade’s stuff

Started by Katie Jade, May 20, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Jade

Hi
Thought i'd better let you all know im still here.. :)
Quick update and pics;
1. Dad getting better but banned from visiting as my mother doesn't want me to upset him after his relapse... She is still dead-naming so I have just asked her not to use names when we speak, easier for us all.
2. Went over to Nottingham GIC (Gender clinic) today, lovely walk through the Victoria Centre shopping mall, especially as I was wearing very noisy block heeled ankle boots, so love it!!! Anyway gave them a copy of my name change deed poll, checked I was still on the register, and current waiting time is apparently 24 months so I should see someone to talk about me thinking in trans in a year and a half... gosh, I hope I was right and not kidding myself.... (sarcasm..)
3. Eyebrows plucked and shaped (love it) - you know I have ears pierced, might have a second set of piercings done.
4. Work are still being great, and being told by loads of people that;
a. It suits me being female,
b. Im a much better person to be with and to work with.
c. I have surprised a lot of people with how I look and act and in a positive way.
5. Stopped weight gain and starting to loose it again but its a struggle.
6. Dyed my real hair to match my wigs, srt of light brown slightly red.
7. Ex is asking for a lot more money and I don't have access to it unless I cash in pensions (wow, that will cause massive tax payments.. and loss of money..)
8. Im still sane despite being generally very happy all the time.

Few pick, can you tell the one with no wig on?

There we go - work in progress

Definitely loving this.

So, sum it up, ive removed the handbrake from my life and its all working so well, fast forward..

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*      ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
Thank you for coming back to your thread....  just so you know, I think that 3 weeks is way too long to keep me and your other followers in suspense about your whereabouts and how you are doing.

I really enjoyed reading your update and viewing your terrific pictures.
YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL....
... your earrings, your eyebrows, your hair, the way you dress... and your great big beautiful SMILE !!!!

I am so glad that your work as the "new you" is going so well for you... all of that fear and trepidation that you had about coming out at work is now just a long past fading memory I am sure.

Good news about keeping your weight under control.... the winter and holiday season are such a difficult time to keep one's weight in check.... nicely done.

So sorry to read about the money issues with your ex...  I trust that you have that under your control.

Thank you again for your update and sharing your thoughts...
Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

When I saw your latest pictures, I thought,. "Now there's a woman who feels good about herself!"  I am glad to hear that it is true, and that life is treating you well.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Katie Jade

Quote from: KathyLauren on February 18, 2019, 06:45:57 PM
When I saw your latest pictures, I thought,. "Now there's a woman who feels good about herself!"  I am glad to hear that it is true, and that life is treating you well.
Kathy, yes that's true, bless.

Really feeling a good sense of soul now, what was empty is filling just with life and not fearing it at all, but I have to be cautious obviously..
Loving it all

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( :o ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: >:-) >:-) :angel: :angel: :-* ;D ;D

•  

pamelatransuk

Katie

It appears to me that you are really enjoying life all round, that work is going well, that you so well motivated and organized and a pleasure to be with.

Glad your dad is on the road to recovery.

I am sure both your parents will soon accept you.

Keep going on the wonderful exhilarating thing called life!

See you in Manchester on March 16th.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

JudiBlueEyes

You look lovely Katie!  I love the photo's.  Taking care of yourself with the eyebrow trim and hair color is certainly apt to make you feel good.  I'm glad to hear work is going well. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Katie Jade

Thank you all for your kind comments. Its quite reassuring for me to have such nice comments made on what is really just me going about my life.
Back to work tomorrow, I hope my laptop has my new account on it, and I so hate having to login with my deadname. 2 months its taken them so far. lets see.
Anyway, ill not leave it so long next time.. what was I thinking....
Take care
Luv n Hugz
Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: ^-^ :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*

•  

Katie Jade

And here we are, pic of me tonight; back to work tomorrow....

12/13 month blood tests posted and E has jumped a lot, no wonder stuff is aching again...

Still loving it

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
You are looking great in your Avatar Photo... I love the dress!!!   ... and then in your posted photo in your comment below... you look wonderful....  your hair, your earrings, your necklace, your facial appearance... etc... very beautiful "new you" !!!
Yes, logging in to your laptop with your old dead name is not nice... I hope it is changed!!!!
Thank you for your update... it is always so nice to follow your life events...
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Katie Jade on February 19, 2019, 02:25:23 PM
And here we are, pic of me tonight; back to work tomorrow....

12/13 month blood tests posted and E has jumped a lot, no wonder stuff is aching again...

Still loving it

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
I neglected to share my thought about your increased E-level and about "stuff is aching again"....
      this should be good news...   No Pain, No Gain  as the old saying goes.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Still no login at work, how can changing a name be so difficult. Maybe its because the help desk is in India, I don't know.
So basically did nothing at work, and people really getting annoyed with IT failures, twice they have set up accounts that just wont logon.
Key deliverables for global director needed Friday, I hope they hear about this when stuff doesn't get delivered, hope this isn't transphobia in India or there will be repercussions.
Anyway Im sure it isn't, but it is so affecting my job.

TC
Luv n Hugz
Katie

:-*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel:

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Katie Jade on February 20, 2019, 04:13:46 PM
Still no login at work, how can changing a name be so difficult. Maybe its because the help desk is in India, I don't know.
So basically did nothing at work, and people really getting annoyed with IT failures, twice they have set up accounts that just wont logon.
Key deliverables for global director needed Friday, I hope they hear about this when stuff doesn't get delivered, hope this isn't transphobia in India or there will be repercussions.
Anyway Im sure it isn't, but it is so affecting my job.

TC

Luv n Hugz
Katie

:-*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel:

@Katie Jade:
Dear Katie:
So sorry to read about your login difficulties and having to login with your old dead-name.   Very discouraging for sure.

Regarding your job issues.... and being concerned about how you are performing your tasks... 
There is an old and wise saying goes something like this...   
"Why worry about things that you can not control as you can not directly change those things.  Instead, if you have control over a situation, then you can be a part of a successful outcome."

Of course that is all simpler said than done especially when you have bosses that you report to that are expecting you to produce positive results...  perhap thatmay be the time that the bosses need to know what stumbling blocks that you are encountering... perhaps they can help to clear the way for your successful job task......   no harm in asking ..

I trust that you work day and your evening at home go well for you.   Maybe a nice dinner out, a manicure or a brief shopping trip will make your day better.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Katie Jade

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 20, 2019, 04:52:55 PM
There is an old and wise saying goes something like this...   
"Why worry about things that you can not control as you can not directly change those things.  Instead, if you have control over a situation, then you can be a part of a successful outcome."

Dear Danielle

Firstly may I say that I love your profile avatar. very nice!!

As to the IT issues, Its being escalated to the Global Engineering director and I have been told to report this on the Ethics site for the company by the site HR manager, she has been talking with the onsite IT manager and I think the offshore Indian company doing the ID change may not be in agreement with the need to change my name/gender etc.  I just want t get on, but its clear that apparently even when requesting name changes for marriage that they do everything to not comply, and leave the old names in place so they pop up every now and again. Additionally they continually mis-gender me both verbally and in their reports despite being told and reminded verbally and with my  comments responding to their reports.
Anyway I did about an hours work today as Ive been told not to use the old Login, and I just cant do almost anything. So its either constructive dismissal (which I don't want  to go anywhere near) or it gets sorted out quickly.

On a positive note I got told  by a young lady colleague that she was watching me in a meeting we had and couldn't see my old self at all, just a professional woman working equally with my males colleague manager (and not putting up with their 'tat' either). So loved that bit.
Anyway I do need shopping, a new all-in-one printer as my 'renamed degree certificates' all came back today so I need to get some colour copies for both work and safe keeping, my current little HP having a broken 'unrepairable' scanner.
Ill see if I can get one that takes the same ink cartridges (some chance..)

Oh well it was 'another day, another dollar' but maybe it will be fixed tomorrow...

Thanks for the concern though

Take care
Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

Hi all, No posts on here for a bit, and this may be short as Im doing nails (well trying to) as at the UK meet up they were supposed to be light grey with a black background rainbow sparkle accent nail but when I applied the grey on the blab background it looked like cement slurry to me.. (too much of a perfectionist).
Anyway briefly,
1. Parents moving house in just ver a week. THey called Ex as they wanted to ive her stuff, I am not contacted at all, not asked to help move or to have anything from them as they are downsizing. Says t all really. Mind you, they have only ever downsized since I can remember; this is where I grew up (pic taken Saturday, its just outside Prestbury Cheshire);

and they are moving onto a 2 bed flat now... life can be cruel sometimes I suppose but then again, I wish they would call me for a change.
2. Ex wants to fully settle the financial side of the separation in advance of the divorce so I suppose I will have to get a binding financial statement and agreement generated by a Lawyer, which is against the grain for me but needs must.
3. Work is busy, but I have a sense of being side-lined a little since coming out. lets see...
4. Feeling top of the world with my transition apart from
5. Weight still a problem, but then again high E levels may be contributing to that.
6. Love my work, Ill put a pic on here of the last train I designed (well part of that is) - I think it looks really good and will be on the East Anglia lines out of London. Let me know if you use it, they will be coming on line late this year or next year and are similar to the Crossrail (Elizabeth) line underground trains (but these have toilets... and are bigger).

So that was a quick update, making a mess of the gel so ill stop here.
Take care

Luv n hugz

Katie

:-*  :-*  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :angel: :angel: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Jade
Dear Katie:
No kidding when you stated "No posts on here for a bit"
It has been just about ONE MONTH since your last update on your thread.   
When I saw you post on the thread of  @davina61  today it prompted me to start writing you a posting but then as I was doing that I saw that you updated your thread just now.

I am so glad to see that you are alive and kicking.... 

Certainly a picture of your finished nails would be wonderful for me and your followers to see.

I love the picture that you posted on Saturday at Prestbury Chesire.... WOW... green grass, still no grass showing here where I live, it is all covered with a couple feet of snow.

So sorry to hear that you have been somewhat sidelined at work since your coming out as Katie Jade.  Hopefully that will not eventually result in a demotion or even a termination...   what do you think will eventually happen at work? 

Now you should get back to finishing your nail gel so that you can treat us all to pictures of you and your nails.

Thanks for updating and posting.
Hugs and well wishes as always.
Danielle

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello Katie

As you know we have been in correspondence on Susans for 14 months and I have followed your thread from the start and enjoy reading it and sharing your happy times.

We finally met at UK Meet Up last Saturday 16th and that was great pleasure. Thank you for this thread and thank you for your kind words of encouragement. You are a friend to me!

I hope and believe that in time your parents will come round to accepting you as they will see (or others will tell them) how happy you have become.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•  

Katie Jade

Just spent 40 minutes generating an update for you all, then the browser locks up as im signing it. Ill post something meaningful when I get chance sorry, just thought id let you know im still here
Katie

•  

Katie Jade

Hi everyone,
I said Id post an update on anything since the Manchester night out which seems so long ago, but its only been 4 weeks to the day, so here we go;

Ex's Birthday, we finished a couple of bottles of prosecco off, lots of giggling.

Eldest Sons 21st, Long chat on the phone as he having girlfriend issues again.

Stayed over at a friends house, lovely couple, too much Gin I think but watched Bohemian Rhapsody which I thought was pretty good. Got first Gel nails in the morning as they were going to et them done anyway. Loved it
Night out in Derby to say goodbye to an engineer going back to either Russia or Switzerland (dual nationality). This included a meal in a restaurant of 200+ diners, for a really nice Indian buffet, gorgeous food, and I wore my clumpy ankle boots that made lots of noise on the wooden floor. I honestly don't think I got a second look from anybody. Loving it.

Electrolysis is doing really well, if you remember the pics of the laser burns I had, then for me now its beginning to really be worth it. Still have upper lip to do though... Not looking forward to that and not likely be able to take  2 full hours at a time in that area.

Ive still not seen Mum or Dad since the hospital visit, Jan I think. Still getting deadnamed. They have however moved house and Ive sold my share of the house to my brothers so I can pay off my Ex fully and not have to decimate as badly my pensions. Lawyer generate legal agreement that this is the last payments is needed before she gets her hands on the remaining agreed balance though. It will be good to get that out of the way I think.

I was ill last week with an 'internal' infection, and Im on very strong Anti-Biotics for a minimum of 6 weeks. Hopefully that will be it and its not covering up something more sinister.

Im getting more comfortable in dresses so Ill post a few pics after this ramble.

Weight is stabilised and gone down a little. Still have so far to go. However I don't help myself as Ive just baked some ginger biscuits, mmm they do taste really good and crumbly... Id better take them to work for the engineers tomorrow.

Work IT issues remain but slowly getting through issues. Whilst I was off work last week, IT requested remote access to try and sort the issues out, I obviously couldn't give it them as the laptop was at work, so they closed the current crop of 11 tickets down. What!!! I think they have to do that as part of their KPIs. For goodness sake, so I have to go through all that rigmarole again...

Work is busy but Im not happy wit the management at the moment but Ill stick it out.

Anyway a few pics;

New top for Ex Birthday drinkies;

New Dress a few weeks ago

Another top ready for summer

Another dress with a view of my lounge

Finally, What I went out in last night to a T friendly pub in Derby

So there we have it, everything coming along well apart from Work, IT, Weight, Mum n Dad etc

Im still smiling :)

Take care

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:-*   :-*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ??? ??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D

•  

Katie Jade

Oh, I forgot , getting more  and more correctly gendered.
Even Monday night in the local supermarket, some kids were messing around and their mum told them to 'get out of that Ladies way', at which the kids apologised to me spontaneously. Loved that so much. They were about 5 to 7 years old and it was clear their acceptance.
Oh well, onwards with life :)

TC
L&H
KJ
:-*  :-*  ;D ;D ;D

•  

pamelatransuk

Hello again

Sorry to hear you have been ill and on antibiotics but always nice to hear that despite problems, you remain upbeat.

I know it is unpleasant to have a problem with your boss(es); over the years just like most people, I have good bosses, bad bosses, average bosses and sometimes really stupid bosses. I sympathize completely.

Further to my comment 387, I had to use Rowlands instead of Lloyds for my Evorel Patches from December to March and was surprised that this week, Lloyds have them back in stock.

I am glad that you are making such great progress socially; you are accepted by many, you look so happy and you look great in the dresses.

Good luck to Macclesfield in their last 3 games.

I wish you a Happy Easter and I hope to see you in July.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

•