News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Modifed CTA at Yoskarn Clinic BKK

Started by chinee, May 21, 2018, 07:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinee

Hello,

I have always wanted to do my VFS. I know Yeson at Korea is the famous one but due to hassle of getting a visa to go there and longer recovery time, I had consider other options or technique. I did a little research about VFS in Thailand and guess what I could not find much info as I guess the forums are in Thai language or something. I came across Yoskarn Clinic which offers Modifed CTA (claiming its different from the traditional CTA) and recovery is only 7days. They told me its "more permanent" and success rate is somehow reasonable than the traditional one.

Anyone here knows if modifed CTA is good? Just to give you a background about my case, I am 27 years old MTF and my voice is passable but in lower female range for my age. I dont resonate much in chest unless I want to but the thought of always reminding myself to go for higher pitch everyday to match the female tone around my age is kinda frustrating and sometimes stressful. Im thinking of maybe a simple CTA would do the trick but I'm still not sure if wether this is the one I need or not.

Appreciate your comments and suggestions in advance

- Chins
  •  

Rachel

Hello,

I am not a doctor and did not have a CTA.

I was told by the doctor that did my glottoplasty and cricothyroid subluxation ( placing the cricoid behind and above the thyroid cartledge and suturing it in place) that a CTA can have difficulties where it can fail in time. I have no idea what the modified CTA is or what they do to achieve it or the long term failure rates are.

Dr. Kim does a glottoplasty and has had consistent great results. There is a 1 month no talking period.

HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •