Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How to Find a Good Book

Started by DannyM, May 21, 2018, 10:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyM

If you are looking for a good book with a transgender main character, where would you look? Are there any good book lists out there?

I like fantasy novels, but a word search for "transgender fantasy" pulls up a lot of books that can better be described as rape fantasies, and that is not what I am looking for. I'm not necessarily looking for romance novels either.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Hello DannyM,      I don't have the answer to your question about the books or book lists that you asked about but certainly other members, once they see your posting, may be able to assist you and give you suggestions.

I see that you are new here and you may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

WELCOME to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be sure to look at the Links that I posted below, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Oh, by the way DannyM, so that the other members here on the Forums will know that you have become a member of Susan's Place please go to the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and to briefly tell the other members here about yourself!   You will then have a better chance of getting the answers that you are looking for regarding your specific interests and you will be able to share with others as they share their experiences with you once they know that you have arrived.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

AnonyMs

Try Dreadnought by April Daniels. The author is trans and its done really well.

There's also a sequel.

I've not read these and they are not fantasy, but I've seen other trans people reccomend these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_(Binnie_novel)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26156987-if-i-was-your-girl
  •  

DannyM

The kindle version of the Reincarnated Prince is on sale for the remainder of July.

https://www.amazon.com/Reincarnated-Prince-Thirty-Years-Winter-ebook/dp/B07D6YW3T2/

In addition, if you buy the paperback version at regular price, the kindle version is free.
  •