Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

No Doctor Currently, Might Need Hysto, Help Appreciated

Started by NotSoNew, May 23, 2018, 03:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSoNew

As my username suggests, I'm not new, I just have absolutely no idea what my old username was. My bad you guys.

I'm assuming I'm posting this in the right category?

So, amongst other health problems, I've recently discovered that I have Uterine Fibroids -- tumors on the uterus. Ok, well I was told it's likely no big deal, so I figured I'd take care of that down the road.

I have already had top surgery (paid out of pocket) and I WAS getting half shots of T for 2 1/2 years. I've recently had to leave that doctor's office due to IMMENSE issues with care there, so now I have no actual doctor. I have Medicaid, so most places don't even accept my insurance, not to mention it takes months to get an appointment most places. I ended up going to Dr. Beverly Fischer's office to do hormone pellets instead.

Well, my blood tests showed that my RBC counts are too high. All of my tests in the past 3 years have shown high RBCs, so I was shocked that it was a problem for them, since I had gotten hormones before. Turns out, high levels usually indicate either cancer or tumors (especially uterine), so this is something my previous doctor DEFINITELY should have noticed.

At this point, I'm not really sure what the next step is, and I'm incredibly worried that I won't be allowed back on T until after hysto. I don't know if a hysto would be covered by my insurance, I have no idea what would be involved in surgery, and at the beginning stages like I am, I honestly don't even know what type of doctor to go to.

Does Planned Parenthood handle stuff like this? I was told the one closest to me doesn't have ultrasound (which to me is bizarre), but I know some in the area must. How long a process will this likely be, from diagnosis, to determining a hysto would be the best choice, to planning for actual surgery?

This is stressing me out so much, mostly financially, but also the fact that my hormones are a wreck without T, and I feel so suicidal/crazy without it. I don't know how long I will last.

So yeah. If anyone has some prior experience, or knows someone with a story similar to this, please share anything you can with me. I'm so lost, and it doesn't help that this thing seems to be growing lately (it constantly presses on my bladder). Also, any doctor recommendations in the Baltimore area would be a great help. Thanks!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@NotSoNew
Hello NotSoNew

Since you are new here and may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

WELCOME to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your transition and to read about others transitions and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey. 
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have a successful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be sure to look at the Links that I posted below, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Oh, by the way NotSoNew, so that the other members here on the Forums will know that you have become a member of Susan's Place please go to the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and to briefly tell the other members here about yourself!   You will then have a better chance of getting the answers that you are looking for regarding your specific interests and you will be able to share with others as they share their experiences with you once they know that you have arrived.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle

•  

MeTony

I'm sorry you have a tough time. I have no recommendations because I live in Sweden.

But should not your insurance cover tumors?
  •  

NotSoNew

Quote from: MeTony on May 24, 2018, 04:14:09 AM
I'm sorry you have a tough time. I have no recommendations because I live in Sweden.

But should not your insurance cover tumors?

Insurance in America is iffy. I had to pay $140 out of pocket for a blood test simply because they used a different lab than the usual one. I have no expectations that this will definitely be paid for. I also have insurance through the state instead of paying for it, so I basically only get the medical scraps left behind by everyone else.
  •  

DanteJaphrimel

I live in Pennsylvania and have medicaid. they covered my hysto due to a family history of Uterine Fibroids.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: DanteJaphrimel on June 04, 2018, 09:58:38 PM
I live in Pennsylvania and have medicaid. they covered my hysto due to a family history of Uterine Fibroids.

@DanteJaphrimel     
Hello DanteJaphrimel,   Thank you for writing several posts here on the Forums.
It is great to see that you have taken the step to become a member of Susan's Place and that you have shared your  your thought with other members.   

Obviously you may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances.

Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with what you may be going through.

Please allow me to also WELCOME you to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.
It is nice that you had signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace. 

Below, I posted Important LINKS that will tell you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

[/quote]

•  

Northern Star Girl

@DanteJaphrimel
Oh, by the way DanteJaphrimel, I see that you have been a member here for 2 years but I do not see that you had posted your introduction... so that the other members here on the Forums will know that you have become a member of Susan's Place please go to the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and to briefly tell the other members here about yourself!   You will then have a better chance of getting the answers that you are looking for regarding your specific interests and you will be able to share with others as they share their experiences with you once they know that you have arrived.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place,
Danielle

•