Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Laser, face, post treatment breakouts

Started by Another Nikki, May 25, 2018, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another Nikki

I just had laser session 5 on my face last week.  The day after my face feels very oily, then about 5 days later I breakout with painful bumps.  They are slightly raised, and if I squeeze them like a pimple, I get a bit of zit like goo, but the issue is below the surface, unlike a teenage pimple.  I've tried salicylic acid face wash and it doesn't seem to make much diffference.  Has anyone had similar issues and found a way to minimize it?
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life—that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Another Nikki

Laser treatment #7 last week.  Told the nurse about the breakouts.  She recommended witch hazel and bacitrin ointment.  seems to have helped; my face is way less bumpy, irritated and almost no acne.
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life—that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Another Nikki on August 21, 2018, 12:28:32 AM
Laser treatment #7 last week.  Told the nurse about the breakouts.  She recommended witch hazel and bacitrin ointment.  seems to have helped; my face is way less bumpy, irritated and almost no acne.

@Another Nikki
So sorry to hear about the breakouts on your face as a result of the Laser hair removal sessions. 

I likewise had severe breakouts as well, what the technician suggested to me was to gently rub in Neosporin Anti-bacterial Cream on the worst spots and then to gently rub in Cocoa Butter lotion/cream on my entire affected areas.   That seemed to help me a lot.

Thankfully I am all done with that..... but it was worth the pain and discomfort for sure.

Best wishes to you as you continue on.
Hugs,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Virginia

Are you are using Meladine? I started using it as it was supposed to increase the effectiveness of laser hair removal. but all it did was cause this kind of reaction.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

Another Nikki

Thanks Danielle.

No on the meladin.

witch hazel and 48 hours of neosporin GREATLY helped.  She also recommended another cream ( not an antiseptic) that seems to help calm my face down. I'll update the thread with the name of it later. 

Around today is when the shedding should start :D
  •