News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Pope condemns conformation surgery

Started by stephaniec, May 26, 2018, 02:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Pope condemns conformation surgery

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/10/pope-condemns-gender-confirmation-surgery-transgender-people/#.Wwb09RW9Xx8.facebook

Pink News/by  Bill Browning    10/07/2017

'conformation surgery for transgender people'
  •  

HappyMoni

Thanks for posting this Stephanie. The pope and I have a mutual understanding, he doesn't believe in what I'm doing and I don't believe in what he's doing.
Moni
Not a bash, mods, a statement of factual reality!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Gertrude

Yet recently, he told a gay man god made him that way. I think the pope has a disconnect somewhere in his understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Mendi

Funny to hear that man telling something about manipulating children...
  •  

LucyEgo

I am a religious. I err more towards the conservative side. However I do believe the pope is wrong.

Firstly, whether the Church likes it or not, for everything they say about being made in God's image, there is the problem that nature isn't perfect. Nature makes mistakes. There are autoimmune conditions, blindness, deafness, congenital birth defects, all manner of issues.

We would think nothing of taking various pills, potions and tablets to help ourselves. Even so far as eye glasses, hearing aids and hair pieces.

What is the difference with transgender surgery? You are, for want of a better expression, correcting a mistake of nature in order to bring your physical body into congruence with who you truly are.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Lucy
  •  

Paige

Quote from: LucyEgo on June 06, 2018, 04:41:20 AM
I am a religious. I err more towards the conservative side. However I do believe the pope is wrong.

Firstly, whether the Church likes it or not, for everything they say about being made in God's image, there is the problem that nature isn't perfect. Nature makes mistakes. There are autoimmune conditions, blindness, deafness, congenital birth defects, all manner of issues.

We would think nothing of taking various pills, potions and tablets to help ourselves. Even so far as eye glasses, hearing aids and hair pieces.

What is the difference with transgender surgery? You are, for want of a better expression, correcting a mistake of nature in order to bring your physical body into congruence with who you truly are.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Lucy

Lucy, when you take a leap of "faith", logic is often left behind.

Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

Paige

When I read this article, I feel angry and bullied.  The Pope, the leader of the largest Christian denomination, is openly hostile to the transgender community.  Is there any other way to interpret this?
  •  

LucyEgo

No. There's no other way to interpret this. He's flat out wrong.

The problem is, just because someone is a Christian, or even the Pope, doesn't make them infallible. They approach things with their own prejudices and misunderstandings. They don't have enough information available to make a decision. They make mistakes. They get things wrong. We get things wrong. We all do. Across all walks of life. We're not all at the same point in our respective journeys, some are younger, some are older, some lack the exposure, others don't learn as fast. The best we can do is accept that and try and get our message across with love and understanding.

Some however are just plain bigoted.

As I say, I think especially in the case of trans people, that, reassignment, or HRT, should be seen just like someone taking a steroid cream for a rash, or having surgery to remove a birth mark. I don't mean to minimise what anyone goes through, Im just trying to get across that it should be seen as normal, allowing you to be who you want to be truly are. We wouldn't let any one suffer with any other medical condition, why should trans be any different?

•  

Devlyn

It's not like the Catholic church covers GRS for its members and this impacts the waiting list..... :laugh:

If the headline read "Pope condemns infield fly rule" it still wouldn't matter to me.  ;D
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Devlyn on June 06, 2018, 12:12:06 PM
It's not like the Catholic church covers GRS for its members and this impacts the waiting list..... :laugh:

If the headline read "Pope condemns infield fly rule" it still wouldn't matter to me.  ;D

Unfortunately Devlyn, it's not just any opinion.  The Pope is very influential around the world and this sort of thing can make it very difficult for many transgender people.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Paige on June 06, 2018, 03:08:40 PM
Unfortunately Devlyn, it's not just any opinion.  The Pope is very influential around the world and this sort of thing can make it very difficult for many transgender people.

He has no influence on medical care or legal issues. I  assure you my transgender Jewish friends don't care a whit about what the pope says. Neither should anyone else.
  •  

big kim

Old man in white dress who covers up for his kiddy fiddling mates tells me I'm doing wrong. ZFG
  •  

jill610

As a Catholic, I find this very sad. As a human I find this disturbing. And as a person who happens to also be transgender, unfortunately this seems to be the theme lately in politics.

•  

Paige

Quote from: Devlyn on June 06, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
He has no influence on medical care or legal issues. I  assure you my transgender Jewish friends don't care a whit about what the pope says. Neither should anyone else.

Hi Devlyn,

I'm not worried about you.  I imagine you have no problem taking care of yourself.  But I do worry about transgender children brought up in traditional Catholic families.

Take care,
Paige :)
  •  

Devlyn

•  

HappyMoni

If you don't think the pope has influence, look how many Catholics are on the Supreme Court in recent years.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

DawnOday

That makes us even. As I condemn the Catholic cult. a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Janes Groove

This is the kind of lukewarm stuff the Catholic Church has been selling to the LBGT community.
i.e.,

1.  It's OK to be gay as long as you never act on those "feelings."
2.  It's OK to be trans as long as you don't pursue HRT or GCS.

It's really an unsustainable and ridiculous argument.  Kind of like the whole,  "Nope, the Sun revolves around the Earth" nonsense that the Church clung to for so long.

Sorry. No sale.
  •  

Swedishgirl96

La dolce vita
  •  

Lexi B

From the same guy who allowed abusive priests to ruin children's lives. Oh yeah, I'll trust in his wisdom. </sarcasm>
Gender fluid. Pansexual. And finally beginning to understand and embrace me.
  •